SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:23 AM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,978 Posts
Discussion
Snap&Fly F22 - Really a great plane!

Been Loving my snap & fly - they are so fast, nimble, aerobatic fun - but I broke the wings off my bipe trying to pull a loop inside 6 feet. I was surprised at how fragile the wings are - but I turned a negative into a positive - and found another foam to make main wings.

I soon realized how easy it is to build by simply making a main wing... here are some pics of corsair build - notice the bend in the wing is the lip of the styrofoam plate! That means I can build anything using these fuses and control surfaces ready-to-go - neat! check these out... more to come! I got a 4ch flying wing in the works gonna be small and very fun...
elvill is offline Find More Posts by elvill
Last edited by elvill; Mar 09, 2010 at 11:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2010, 02:08 PM
ICU
Check out my Shapeways Shop
Dallas,Tx.
Joined Apr 2007
1,202 Posts
When you run out of those $3 plates. Hit up the dollar store and get a stack for a buck. lol

Iam both looking forward and dreading the day my canard bites the dust. Deff. a great candidate for a scratchbuild.
ICU is offline Find More Posts by ICU
Old Jan 11, 2010, 03:18 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,978 Posts
dollar store cheap, nice. Are the waterproof like the hefty plates? - the foam from the dollar tree is too thick and takes on water but the plates might work if they are different foams
Last edited by elvill; Jan 11, 2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 09:33 AM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,978 Posts
a very compact park RTF - short walk 30 seconds and we are flying for 25minutes - I love This Hobby! i gotta get more batts... funny thing - I'm holding my infant son in the other hand, he's taking the picture!
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:00 AM
washington
Joined Jul 2002
145 Posts
pretty cool, they are selling the radio system and motors as individual components.

59 bucks for the radio, battery is only 10,

http://www.commonsenserc.com/index.php?cPath=114
joker402 is offline Find More Posts by joker402
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:16 AM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker402 View Post
pretty cool, they are selling the radio system and motors as individual components.

59 bucks for the radio, battery is only 10,

http://www.commonsenserc.com/index.php?cPath=114
I think they'd do themselves a favor if they sold the planes BNF$79 and RTF$99 - we need a cheap control 4chrx+2act+plane for $79 would sell many more planes cause we could mod them with the gear is very price competitive - would beat any out for this price! plus the system rocks...

they have the right idea selling control modules, batts, motors, actuators and all - but if they really want to carve a nitche go toygrade prices with hobbygrade performance!

EDIT: I still can't believe I got it for 119 shipped I'd pay that for this any day!
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:07 PM
washington
Joined Jul 2002
145 Posts
i saw a video previously where the planes made noise when flow (bagpipes?) is this still the case?>
Old Jan 12, 2010, 01:08 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,978 Posts
Quote:
i saw a video previously where the planes made noise when flow (bagpipes?) is this still the case?>
yes not only does it give tone-al response for every input but it actually teaches you to fly better. I like it - actually become accustomed to what tone is needed for super slow low level flights... I didn't realize how much I played with the sticks during normal flying... you can't hear any tones 40 feet away or at full throttle there is no tones.

the tone is also very nice 'cause there is no question about input or trim with this txandrx... gotta love the 6 mixes on the tx also
Old Jan 12, 2010, 04:05 PM
washington
Joined Jul 2002
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvill View Post
you can't hear any tones 40 feet away or at full throttle there is no tones.
OK, was a bit leary on that one:-)
Old Jan 12, 2010, 04:14 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,978 Posts
about the tones - they're just fine - I wouldn't putdown the system if I never owned it - these planes are the smallest, fastest(if you want), cheapest, loudest(tones LoL) full fuse outdoor planes anywhere that I've found...

but I've also found the area you fly in determines the type of planes you fly... so these fit my micro RTF small-park-flying immediate gratification mindset just perfect!
Last edited by elvill; Jan 13, 2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:18 AM
Joined Jan 2005
119 Posts
Nice mod elvill! How does it fly?

The "music" helped me find the lost planes in the grass many times, include one time in the night! The tone comes from the PWM/PFM current to the act/motor. I always know where the plane is when its flying - for me this is necessary.

Here is my more compact way to carry my 3 planes around for 6 months now. It's absolutely amazing wherever I go - to be able to switch between 3 well performing planes - while many others fly just one.
Xdim is offline Find More Posts by Xdim
Last edited by Xdim; Jan 13, 2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:19 AM
washington
Joined Jul 2002
145 Posts
i have a nice high school by my house with a double baseball field, 500'x500'...
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:12 AM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdim View Post
Nice mod elvill! How does it fly?

The "music" helped me find the lost planes in the grass many times, include one time in the night! The tone comes from the PWM/PFM current to the act/motor. I always know where the plane is when its flying - for me this is necessary.

Here is my more compact way to carry my 3 planes around for 6 months now. It's absolutely amazing wherever I go - to be able to switch between 3 well performing planes - while many others fly just one.
She flies aggressive inverted wings turn tight... she will no longer loop from level flight, but thats okay - gonna experiement with other wings this weekend.

Xdim, How many batts are you sporting when you fly? True about the three planes are very nice... Whats your favorite? I usually don't fly all them in the same trip but use all 3 my lipos on one ...very nice carrying case! If I had one like yours I might take all 3 - What the dimensions?

EDIT: Looks like we can get these this weekend for cheap, Nice 4 hour sale - gonna pickup an rtf canard for cheap! means I'll have two txs one for charge or a friend! I love it.

http://campaign.constantcontact.com/...LSO-g0dfbOY%3D
Last edited by elvill; Jan 13, 2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 04:13 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,978 Posts
Quote:
i have a nice high school by my house with a double baseball field, 500'x500'...
Joker,
that will be plenty space to whip around your planes - these are really quick and loads of fun - thanks again for sharing the good deal - Red Rocket - $99 is a steal!

Where you at in Washington? got relatives in Kelso and Seattle... But I live in Eugene, OR.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:07 PM
washington
Joined Jul 2002
145 Posts
North of Seattle towards Everett. Been down to Kelso a few times, have relatives there too! Knowing how big kelso is, i am sure there is a 6 degrees thing going on!