HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2010, 07:42 AM
RC Wannabe!
vercelli, ITALY
Joined Dec 2009
529 Posts
Discussion
Work in Progress...

After crashing a few planes in the attempt of building my first FPV aircraft i decided to scratchbuild a suitable plane for FPV and stop going by intuition changing the project as i go on building!

so i decided to post here the progresses of my work, in this way i know that if i do some crap somebody would tell me!

it will be a foamy, i need a lot of room in the inside because i'm pretty messy with my electronics and stuff, plus i want to be able to easily move the CG moving the battery back and forward as i desire. i want it to be calm and capable of slow flying, but i need it to be controlled with 3ch: rudder, elevon and throttle, since my radio has 4ch+ a switch channel. so i will mount a tilt only camera in the front and use the switch, in future, for ballistic recovery (connected to programmable fail safe). over this issue i would have liked to make it tractor prop in order not to take the chance to get the chute in to the prop but i love pushers (used to flying wing!) so i will study some trick about it!

i will put the servos in the back close to the tail in order not to need any mechanical extension, and i will let the RX antenna out of the tip of a wing, and put the VTx at the tip of the other wing. since it's a 1.6m wingspan i think it will be fine.

i'm very concerned about plane lacalizing in case of crash but i'll think about it later, since for now i got a cheap ebay VTx and RX so i won't get too far (cheap 800mw 1.2g, will make a patch antenna for RX and extend Tx antenna at full wavelength, 25cm)

so here i am, starting planning it! i saw a pic in some thread once and i liked so i'm scratching it really similar, but i don't remember the name and can't find the post, if someone recognize it please tell me the name!

i'll post progresses as i go on!

p.s.: i called it GOTCHA!
areis81 is offline Find More Posts by areis81
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2010, 07:59 AM
RC Wannabe!
vercelli, ITALY
Joined Dec 2009
529 Posts

an image just to check it without unzipping
areis81 is offline Find More Posts by areis81
Old Jan 11, 2010, 08:36 AM