HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2010, 12:21 AM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Mine is showing it should be here Friday. I can't wait, I think I will call in sick and camp outside my door.

Ok, not really. Guess I will have to drag my butt to work to pay for this plane.
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2010, 04:50 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
I will be making the A380 Video this week weather permitting! Thanks for your patience!

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Mar 03, 2010, 05:50 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby View Post
I will be making the A380 Video this week weather permitting! Thanks for your patience!

Pete
Pete-Will you be flying it scale in the video?

Best,
Tony
xplaneguy is online now Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2010, 07:43 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy View Post
Pete-Will you be flying it scale in the video?

Best,
Tony
Tony,

NO WAYYYYYYYYY! I'm gonna TOSS her around and invert her an inch from the runway! Okay maybe not. haha! Yes I plan on a nice and level scale flight the best I can manage! I will do my best so the passengers don't toss their cookies!

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Mar 03, 2010, 08:24 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby View Post
Tony,

NO WAYYYYYYYYY! I'm gonna TOSS her around and invert her an inch from the runway! Okay maybe not. haha! Yes I plan on a nice and level scale flight the best I can manage! I will do my best so the passengers don't toss their cookies!

Pete
Can you imagine the number of You Tube hits you'd get if you fly it inverted, one inch above the runway! That would be sweet! All you need is a sound bite of someone tossing their cookies as you flew by the camera.

Now that's what flyin RC aircraft is all about!

Tony
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by xplaneguy; Mar 07, 2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2010, 09:39 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Once I get mine I will see how it flys. I might give it a go on low and inverted and video tape it. I will try not to drag the tail like I did with my Extra 260 during our frosty fingers fun fly. I didn't crash and pulled it out but everyone thought I did it intentionally. I just smiled at em, I didn't even plan on going low. So I dont do the frosty fingers fly ins any more...lol
Old Mar 03, 2010, 09:47 PM
Joined Jul 2003
117 Posts
coupled aileron/elevators

Pete,

What do you think about the issue of the coupled ailerons and elevators? Did the manufacturer give you any indication why they recommended that, and are you going to set yours up that way?

Thanks,
Bob
klenker is offline Find More Posts by klenker
Old Mar 05, 2010, 10:53 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Whoooot, I had to work late and didn't get home till just after 9 so it was dark and I about killed myself on this huge box walking into my porch.

I didn't hurt the plane as far as I can tell. I have not opened the box yet I will do that in the AM when I am not half out of it.
Old Mar 06, 2010, 12:18 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
United States, NE, Papillion
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
cant wait to see it hope everything works when you get it all put together
j3tman is offline Find More Posts by j3tman
Old Mar 06, 2010, 01:43 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Pictures don't do this plane full justice. So far I am very impressed on the quality. This thing is alot nicer then the EFlite 777.

I also am wondering about the coupled ailerons and elevator. These instructions are not that great.

I also have a request from anyone with this bird or Pete. There is no CG on the instructions so I was wanting someone to wiegh the battery they are using if they could??? Oh, and after you wiegh it could you post the wieght here....

If my packs are same or heavier I am good to go. I will have it all together today in about two hours I think. Yep, if your thinking of getting this bird. Two hours and your ready for maiden.
Old Mar 07, 2010, 12:47 AM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Well mine is all together now. This thing is a beauty!!! I modified the wingtips on it. Not sure about anyone else I love to hit my wingtips on everything loading and unloading the planes. So when I seen these I had a quick scarey vision of me snaping one off. So I modified it with magnets. If I do happen to hit anything or hit a wingtip landing, not that any of us ever do that, it should have a little give.

I also followed Mike's advice. I diconnected the BEC on all the ESC's and soldered in a UBEC. I also didn't mix the ailerons and the elevator.

All thats left is test fit the batteries I have and soon to maiden. Weather is looking like spring around here so now all the snows melting. Next is flooding....

Tony, I am glad I don't live close to BH like you do. I would be picking stuff up left and right. You need to get your daughter one and do a custom paint job on it for her....lol

Oh, almost forget. Anyone getting this PnP or RTF check the aileron servos. Both of mine popped out with very little pressure so I reglued them into the wing with hot glue. Also when I tested the motors I had one that wouldn't do anything, and one was just beeping at me "Danger Will Robinson"

So I set the throttle range and life was good.
Old Mar 07, 2010, 07:07 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,673 Posts
Built mine today during the NASCAR race. Here's a few shots. If my daughter had one, it would be painted pink, purple and be called, "Barbie Airlines!" She's be flying mine for now.

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by xplaneguy; Mar 07, 2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old Mar 07, 2010, 07:09 PM
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
looks good do you know how juan did today i noticed you were keeping track on another thread.
Old Mar 07, 2010, 08:03 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,673 Posts
Thanks! Juan Pablo finished in 3rd place. He had a great day!

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2010, 08:22 PM
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
well good for him wish i could've seen it