HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2010, 09:28 PM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
i have ordered four jets from philip at pw-rc......awesome customer service each and every time. highly recommend getting your airbus there.
rob737 is offline Find More Posts by rob737
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2010, 09:50 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,482 Posts
I picked up my Airbus A380 yesterday from Banana Hobby and it's impressive! Here's a few photos I took while unpacking it.

Best,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2010, 03:22 PM
NiCd + Mabuchi 550 was da bomb
NY USA
Joined Apr 1999
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
I have ordered a few planes from BH and have had no problems with the orders. All were sent out pretty quick and arrived as described. If I was looking to order an A380 Airbus, I would not hesitate to order from BH again. Just my experience.
When is your shipment expected to arrive? Have you decided on a market price yet? I'm eager.
boom is offline Find More Posts by boom
Old Feb 19, 2010, 06:08 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,554 Posts
Anymore info or pics?
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Old Feb 19, 2010, 06:20 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
United States, NE, Papillion
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
nice
j3tman is offline Find More Posts by j3tman
Old Feb 19, 2010, 06:50 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,777 Posts
sweet tony!!!! cant wait to see this one! yo umay need to let me take the sticks and do a couple t and G's with that one!
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Feb 19, 2010, 09:02 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
sweet tony!!!! cant wait to see this one! yo umay need to let me take the sticks and do a couple t and G's with that one!
Brent - When I give you the sticks, you can do a one foot inverted pass! More pics coming tomorrow since I'll be grounded due to the incoming rain.

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by xplaneguy; Feb 19, 2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 09:37 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,777 Posts
ha! i dont know about that. i love doing touch and goes with flaoters. there was a guy(cant remember name) that i flew his airbus at a event...man, i was doing non stop touch and goe's. it was awsome!

yeah, drove by the lake bed yesterday...i knew it was flooded....but geez....that was FLOODED! you could float a carrier on that baby! well not exactly....but would be cool to fly some float planes out there!
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Feb 19, 2010, 11:14 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,482 Posts
Quote:
ha! i dont know about that. i love doing touch and goes with flaoters. there was a guy(cant remember name) that i flew his airbus at a event...man, i was doing non stop touch and goe's. it was awsome!

yeah, drove by the lake bed yesterday...i knew it was flooded....but geez....that was FLOODED! you could float a carrier on that baby! well not exactly....but would be cool to fly some float planes out there!
Yeah....touch and goes with landing lights, anti-collision lights and flaps would be cool! Maybe one day, right now, I have too many home and hobby projects. I'm hoping to get a few knocked out this weekend.

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2010, 06:17 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,482 Posts
More pics

Here's more photos.

The Airbus A380 from Banana Hobby is nicely packaged and parts well wrapped. No damage found on mine. The entire airframe has a clear coat evenly applied which gives the jet a beautiful shine and protects against dust & dirt from getting into the foam, unless you crash of course! No amount of clear coat can protect it then.

NOTE - Make sure to apply loctite to fan mount screws

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2010, 09:12 PM
RCP
RC Product Buyer
US
Joined Jun 2009
216 Posts
I really like this plane. FYI, my stickers started pealing off after the 10th or 11th flight. Might be a good idea to apply some additional spray coating over them, before they start to rip. Once mine started to go, I took them all off and am now in the process of giving the plane a new paint job. Going with the DHL logo and paint scheme. I have about 40 + flights on the plane so far and only experienced one motor mount failing and and one motor shaft snapping.

One other note, I lost a fan housing ring while in the air on one of the flights. I then ran some tape around the others, so they would not fall off. I rerouted one of the elevator cables to attach to the servo on the other side. The way my plane came, it required elevon mixing for the elevators. I wanted it to work as standard elevators and ailerons, so I remounted one of the elevator cables to the opposite side of the servo arm, so both servo arms turned in the same direction. You could also replace one of the servos with one that moves in the opposite direction or mix the servo by using it as a slave on another channel.

I am running a 5800 mAh lipo and get about 4 ~ 5 minute flight time. I bring it in and have about 11.5 volts left on the battery.
RCP is offline Find More Posts by RCP
Last edited by RCP; Feb 21, 2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 09:19 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
I like this plane. FYI, my stickers started pealing off after the 10th or 11th flight. Might be a good idea to apply some additional spray coating over them, before they start to rip. Once mine started to go, I took them all off and am now in the process of giving the plane a new paint job. Going with the DHL logo and paint scheme. I have about 40 + flights on the plane so far and only experienced one motor mount failing and and one motor shaft snapping. One other note, I lost a fan housing ring while in the air on one of the flights. I then ran some tape around the others, so they would not fall off.
RCP -Thanks for the feedback. Very much appreciated!

Regards,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2010, 09:33 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
United States, NE, Papillion
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
is there two esc's two per motor or four one for each motor?
j3tman is offline Find More Posts by j3tman
Old Feb 21, 2010, 09:49 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3tman View Post
is there two esc's two per motor or four one for each motor?
j3tman -Four ESCs, one for each motor. By the way, thanks for the feedback on my blog. How's your Sapac T-45 coming?

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2010, 09:49 AM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:

Go with an R/C Aircraft Carrer, Scale it just right and drive it into the wind and fly R/C on it as well...

Sparkie
sparkie624 is offline Find More Posts by sparkie624