Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 10, 2010, 01:08 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2009
9 Posts
Help!
Tail rotor not spinning on start up. cb100

I bought a cb100 a few weeks ago and I am a new flyer. I have crashed quite a few times only breaking a few main blades, and the battery holder frame. When I start up the helicopter the main rotor spins when I increase the throttle, but the tail rotor doesn't spin and it twitches. It will start to spin after I give it a good flick. Once in the air and I increase the throttle pretty quick, the whole heli rises and starts to spin, and I have very limited to no control on the tail motor, but it still spins. I ordered a new tail motor (the 2.9g from wow hobbies). But I was wondering if there was a fix to the stock tail motor that I could do!

Thanks and I appreciate your time!
lanketer is offline Find More Posts by lanketer
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2010, 01:35 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
check to see if the motor is pluged in the esc properly, also on the 2.9g there is a very small v clip on the tail motor shaft make sure that is on . check all them little wires sometimes they break .
dazzzer1 is offline Find More Posts by dazzzer1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 03:17 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2009
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzzer1 View Post
check to see if the motor is pluged in the esc properly, also on the 2.9g there is a very small v clip on the tail motor shaft make sure that is on . check all them little wires sometimes they break .
I checked the connections and they seem to be fine. Maybe its something jamming internally in the motor? Is there a way to take it apart? Thanks for the response though!
lanketer is offline Find More Posts by lanketer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 06:49 PM
Registered User
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Firstly triple check the wiring power side and motor side.

Re the motor itself look here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4782

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 06:55 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanketer View Post
I checked the connections and they seem to be fine. Maybe its something jamming internally in the motor? Is there a way to take it apart? Thanks for the response though!
You checked the connections how?? Try re soldering them.. As sounds like a broken wire or bad connection if it shaking like you said..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 09:01 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2009
9 Posts
got it!

Ok I really appreciate the pictures, they helped a lot! If you look in the picture and see how there is two gaps in the magnets on opposite sides, well my magnets were pushed together and the two gaps combined into one big gap. That space was keeping the motor from spinning properly. I slid some magnets over to make the two gaps again. Hope this helps others with the same problem!
lanketer is offline Find More Posts by lanketer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 09:36 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanketer View Post
Ok I really appreciate the pictures, they helped a lot! If you look in the picture and see how there is two gaps in the magnets on opposite sides, well my magnets were pushed together and the two gaps combined into one big gap. That space was keeping the motor from spinning properly. I slid some magnets over to make the two gaps again. Hope this helps others with the same problem!

Did you glue them?
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 09:50 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2009
9 Posts
no, should I? If so which type of glue? just some super glue?
lanketer is offline Find More Posts by lanketer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:11 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanketer View Post
no, should I? If so which type of glue? just some super glue?
If it's working leave it alone, if they move again yea I would try some super glue just don't use to much..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 02:06 PM
dickgozenya
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Highly Offensive Content (Immediate suspension). It is temporarily hidden while dickgozenya edits it.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 03:22 PM
Registered User
smitty919's Avatar
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,291 Posts
reported this you dirt bag
smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion HELP! bottom rotor of blackstorm heli not spinning anymore bowlerman13 BladeRunner Heli 0 Jan 06, 2010 07:10 PM
Discussion New honey bee fp tail rotor not spinning bjfederi Micro Helis 6 Dec 25, 2009 10:43 PM
Discussion Help! new CB100 spin at start up albertokg Micro Helis 9 Nov 04, 2009 09:33 AM
Help! Tail rotor not spinning well Great Fun Micro Ready-to-Fly 0 Sep 28, 2007 11:51 AM
Problem with Aero Hawk tail rotor spinning up when ever battery is plugged in. rc_lurker Micro Helis 3 Jan 13, 2005 07:10 AM