Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 10, 2010, 01:08 PM
Joined May 2009
9 Posts
Help!
Tail rotor not spinning on start up. cb100

I bought a cb100 a few weeks ago and I am a new flyer. I have crashed quite a few times only breaking a few main blades, and the battery holder frame. When I start up the helicopter the main rotor spins when I increase the throttle, but the tail rotor doesn't spin and it twitches. It will start to spin after I give it a good flick. Once in the air and I increase the throttle pretty quick, the whole heli rises and starts to spin, and I have very limited to no control on the tail motor, but it still spins. I ordered a new tail motor (the 2.9g from wow hobbies). But I was wondering if there was a fix to the stock tail motor that I could do!

Thanks and I appreciate your time!
lanketer is offline Find More Posts by lanketer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2010, 01:35 PM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
check to see if the motor is pluged in the esc properly, also on the 2.9g there is a very small v clip on the tail motor shaft make sure that is on . check all them little wires sometimes they break .
dazzzer1 is offline Find More Posts by dazzzer1
Old Jan 10, 2010, 03:17 PM
Joined May 2009
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzzer1 View Post
check to see if the motor is pluged in the esc properly, also on the 2.9g there is a very small v clip on the tail motor shaft make sure that is on . check all them little wires sometimes they break .
I checked the connections and they seem to be fine. Maybe its something jamming internally in the motor? Is there a way to take it apart? Thanks for the response though!
Old Jan 10, 2010, 06:49 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Firstly triple check the wiring power side and motor side.

Re the motor itself look here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4782

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Jan 10, 2010, 06:55 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanketer View Post
I checked the connections and they seem to be fine. Maybe its something jamming internally in the motor? Is there a way to take it apart? Thanks for the response though!
You checked the connections how?? Try re soldering them.. As sounds like a broken wire or bad connection if it shaking like you said..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jan 10, 2010, 09:01 PM
Joined May 2009
9 Posts
got it!

Ok I really appreciate the pictures, they helped a lot! If you look in the picture and see how there is two gaps in the magnets on opposite sides, well my magnets were pushed together and the two gaps combined into one big gap. That space was keeping the motor from spinning properly. I slid some magnets over to make the two gaps again. Hope this helps others with the same problem!
Old Jan 10, 2010, 09:36 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,520 Posts
Quote:
Ok I really appreciate the pictures, they helped a lot! If you look in the picture and see how there is two gaps in the magnets on opposite sides, well my magnets were pushed together and the two gaps combined into one big gap. That space was keeping the motor from spinning properly. I slid some magnets over to make the two gaps again. Hope this helps others with the same problem!

Did you glue them?
Old Jan 10, 2010, 09:50 PM
Joined May 2009
9 Posts
no, should I? If so which type of glue? just some super glue?
Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:11 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,520 Posts
Quote:
no, should I? If so which type of glue? just some super glue?
If it's working leave it alone, if they move again yea I would try some super glue just don't use to much..
Old Jun 22, 2010, 02:06 PM
dickgozenya
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Highly Offensive Content (Immediate suspension). It is temporarily hidden while dickgozenya edits it.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 03:22 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,291 Posts
reported this you dirt bag
smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919