|Jan 10, 2010, 01:34 PM|
Yet another FPV Easy Star Build
Just thought I would post some of my thoughts and pictures of my latest Easy Star build for FPV specifically in mind. Here are some of the features:
1) 72MHz based. PCM. 9ch R149 Futaba (need 8 ch for pan/tilt and OSD control).
2) 900MHz based Video Tx. 500mW.
3) Aileron mods. This is the most valuable Easy Star mod, in my mind. It makes the platform VERY forgiving and controllable and almost completely negates the need for much change to the rudder (i.e. increased surface area).
4) Putting tail feather servos in the tail portion of the fuse to move CG back. This has worked out very well, so far, using HS-81's.
5) GPS receiver in far tip of the wing for best reception.
6) Belly hatch doors with tape hinges and rare earth magnets to put all the electronics in.
7) Of course, brushless inrunner mod (using Turnigy 2835 motor at 2700kv) turning an APC 6x4 or 5.5x4.5. Also using Turnigy 25A BESC. 2650mAH up through 3300mAH 3S1P lipo.
8) Will be putting pan/tilt easy pod on this as well as my original Eagle Tree systems OSD Pro/eLogger/GPS/Altimeter setup back in. Eventually, will have the Eagle Eyes telemetry/diversity/tracker later this spring.
9) I'm avoiding any CF supports, as I've seen lots of posts that claim they seriously can attenuate RF signals.
I'll keep posting back here, and there is a full build thread on my page that I'm keeping updated: http://flightsim.velociworks.com/2010/01/easy-star.html
Thanks for all the great ideas and stuff I've seen on this forum.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Build Log Easy Fly Glider ST330 (Easy Glider Clone) FPV Build Thread||SoMoney||FPV Talk||493||Nov 12, 2012 04:08 PM|
|For Sale Easy Star FPV Pan / Tilt System||crd||Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W)||27||Jan 13, 2010 11:18 AM|
|Discussion Easy Star - Swopping betweem FPV and conventional?||Cralis||FPV Talk||12||Jan 03, 2010 08:46 PM|
|Discussion Moss box : Spad fpv/uav platform : Like an easy star||sbrv24||FPV Talk||4||Dec 07, 2009 04:38 AM|
|Discussion Just another Easy Star FPV ship||randall1959||FPV Talk||8||Dec 24, 2007 09:39 PM|