HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:19 AM
Registered User
FlyBoyTha1's Avatar
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Discussion
AMD - Red Arrows Bae Hawk

Who Has The EDF Convertion Thread Link On This AMD The Red Arrows - BAE Hawk? I Saw It Somewhere On Rcgroups, But Can't Find It Anywhere.



Stock Specifications:


Power Class: Glow (.40 - .59)
Class: Standard
Category: Jet | Scale
Flying Skill: Intermediate-Advanced
Build Type: ARF

DIMENSIONAL SPECIFICATIONS
Wingspan: 53.50 inches
Length: 56.25 inches
Weight: 9.75 Lbs.
Airfoil: Not Specified

STANDARD CONTROLS
Min. Channels: 7
Min. Servos: 9
Controls:
- Throttle
- Elevator
- Rudder
- Ailerons
- Flaps

LANDING GEAR
Standard Setup: Tricycle
Gear Options:
- Steerable Nose/Tail Gear
- Standard Main Retracts
- Standard Nose Retract
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:25 AM
Registered User
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,489 Posts
Pretty simple to search "AMD Hawk"

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=amd+hawk
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:48 AM
Registered User
FlyBoyTha1's Avatar
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris True View Post
I Found That One, But There's Another One With The Video In It On The Thread Looks Like They Where Flying Where E-Jets Was Held At.

I Found It By Google, But Can't Find It Anymore.
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:50 AM
DELTAS RULE
corsair nut's Avatar
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,744 Posts
thats Kevin's hawk. its in the electric video forum here, probably somewhere in the first couple pages.
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 01:06 PM
Registered User
England/uk
Joined Oct 2007
521 Posts
AMD Hawk

Fly boy,
I am currently putting one together using an E turbax on a 9s set up ,all fits very easily.
keep us informed Euan.
egall232 is offline Find More Posts by egall232
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 01:24 PM
Registered User
FlyBoyTha1's Avatar
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
thats Kevin's hawk. its in the electric video forum here, probably somewhere in the first couple pages.
Thanks, Thats The One. It Was Under The "AMD / JHH HAWK - Dyn-E-Max"
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 01:30 PM
Registered User
FlyBoyTha1's Avatar
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by egall232 View Post
Fly boy,
I am currently putting one together using an E turbax on a 9s set up ,all fits very easily.
keep us informed Euan.
I Just Ran Across One And Was Curious Of Whats Been Done On A Electric Setup.
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 05:59 PM
Registered User
England/uk
Joined Oct 2007
521 Posts
AMD Hawk

Fly boy,
Hello, i am not doing a build thread as its been done before,but if you want any photos ,dimensions ,etc please ask.I did one a few years ago and crashed it rebuilt it and ended up with a MW 44 in it.My latest has a built up wing and far better build info with several improved and upgraded parts that the UK importer has added,mine is the turbine version and my original was for ducted fan<different ducting and the mounts are further back in the turbine version.
cheers Euan.
egall232 is offline Find More Posts by egall232
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 06:27 PM
Registered User
kevin's Avatar
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,648 Posts
amd hawk

here is the link to the thread. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=amd+hawk

you can also check my blog page for the embedded youtube video and a few pics.

Any questions, just ask.
kevin is offline Find More Posts by kevin
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Video of my HK Cobra
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 07:17 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Ron101's Avatar
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,256 Posts
Cool Marvin,
Just watch Kevins video if you have question of what fan is prefect for this plane... you need a dyn-e-max scorpion... no question about it

Your really going for it Mavin! were going to have one heck of a year flying together..it's going to be sweet!!
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 07:45 PM
Registered User
FlyBoyTha1's Avatar
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by egall232 View Post
Fly boy,
Hello, i am not doing a build thread as its been done before,but if you want any photos ,dimensions ,etc please ask.I did one a few years ago and crashed it rebuilt it and ended up with a MW 44 in it.My latest has a built up wing and far better build info with several improved and upgraded parts that the UK importer has added,mine is the turbine version and my original was for ducted fan<different ducting and the mounts are further back in the turbine version.
cheers Euan.
Thanks!
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 07:46 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
gp125racer's Avatar
Joined Feb 2005
1,917 Posts
EDIT: Seems like this is the one I was alrady thinking of. Is this the one you'll be building Marvin?



http://www.nitroplanes.com/redardftu7al.html

Seems like a nice plane for the price.

Don
gp125racer is online now Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 07:52 PM
Registered User
FlyBoyTha1's Avatar
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
here is the link to the thread. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=amd+hawk

you can also check my blog page for the embedded youtube video and a few pics.

Any questions, just ask.
Thanks,

I Saw This A Couple Of Days Ago And Went Searching For It. And Found A Couple For Sell And Even Though I Am I'm Aware There Might Be A Knock Offs Out There.

The Size Is Perfect To Transport Without Taking The Wings Off And Setting Everything Back Up At The Field Then Pack Up Again.

Electric For Me, Is Plug And Go
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 07:58 PM
Registered User
FlyBoyTha1's Avatar
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron101 View Post
Cool Marvin,
Just watch Kevins video if you have question of what fan is prefect for this plane... you need a dyn-e-max scorpion... no question about it

Your really going for it Mavin! were going to have one heck of a year flying together..it's going to be sweet!!
Yeah, I'll Have More Jets And Less Prop Planes This Year For Sure .

Building Up My Summer Stalbe Right Now, lol
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 07:59 PM
Registered User
FlyBoyTha1's Avatar
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gp125racer View Post
EDIT: Seems like this is the one I was alrady thinking of. Is this the one you'll be building Marvin?



http://www.nitroplanes.com/redardftu7al.html

Seems like a nice plane for the price.

Don
No, It's The AMD Bae Hawk I'm Looking Into, But I'm Sure I'll Be Reveiwing It Down The Road

I See That The Wings Are Pre-covered complete balsa wings On This One.

And The Spec Are Little Different AMD Specs, I Think This Is Something Nitroplanes May Have Sold A While Back, I'm Unsure.
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Last edited by FlyBoyTha1; Jan 10, 2010 at 08:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Red Arrows 55" BAE Hawk kelberts Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 16 Sep 02, 2009 08:54 AM
Discussion BAe Hawk, RTF ,Red arrows ,Nice!!! Justice Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 30 Feb 11, 2008 12:26 PM
Sold NIB Red Arrows Bae Hawk ARF darmar Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 20 Jan 11, 2007 11:01 AM
For Sale 1/7 Bae Hawk Ducted Fan Red Arrows Airplane yiyan Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Aug 03, 2006 10:40 PM
Red Arrows BAE Hawk ARF mode101 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 10 Nov 15, 2005 09:28 PM