SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 10, 2010, 02:03 AM
Cape Town SA
Joined Jan 2010
65 Posts
Help!
Kinkade Park Hawk2 spare parts

Hi there guys.

Okay so I am a newbie to ornithopters but, have been a long time supporter.
I have been flying Heils for about three years now and started to look in too some birds.

I got a Cybird P2 clone (Eastern dragon) from my LMS and as I plugged in the electronics it all went wrong. So through out all the old stuff and fitted some old Gaui 200 parts (brushless motor, ESC, and an AR6100e RX) to make it fly still have not gotten it to fly yet. Hope to get it to work soon.

Okay now the thing I would like to know is where I can find all parts for a Kinkade Park Hawk2, because I was thinking that the Park Hawk2 is what I really want. It looks strong and well designed.

So if anyone can help me out with an online store that sells all the parts I will be great full.
Dragon Breath is offline Find More Posts by Dragon Breath
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2010, 05:05 AM
Cape Town SA
Joined Jan 2010
65 Posts
Okay so the only place that I can find that have spares is FlappingFlight and all that there is is the wing and the tail.

So where does one get parts for the S K Park Hawk2?
Old Jan 10, 2010, 06:45 AM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Breath View Post
Okay so the only place that I can find that have spares is FlappingFlight and all that there is is the wing and the tail.

So where does one get parts for the S K Park Hawk2?
DB, do you own a park hawk2 that needs parts in order to fly?
Or would you like to own one? If you like to own one I would say email Sean Kinkade for a NEW Park Hawk 3! It's better especially if you want a bushless setup. With the Park Hawk 2, you only have 1 plastic gear and their teeth can't withstand the bushless power after while, but the 2 gear combination with the bushless powerplant are fantastic. Dragon Breath get one and do a reveiw for us and see how you like it pal..
G-LO is offline Find More Posts by G-LO
Old Jan 10, 2010, 08:18 AM
Cape Town SA
Joined Jan 2010
65 Posts
Well like all my helicopters I buy I like to first do some research before buying. Like I mentioned before I own one of those wretched P2 clones that does not fly to well, so I am trying to gather some info on proper RC ornithopters. I am not looking to buy a toy like the Cybird P1 or similar birds. I am really interested in a well designed bird and I think that Sean Kinkade's birds are exactly what I am looking for.

Now the one problem I have is that I live in Cape Town South Africa and I know the Hobby industry reasonably well and know there is NO support for ornithopters down here.

So before I jump in too the deep end with ornithopters I need to know where I can get parts for the S K park hawk (be it a 2 or 3). All the electronics I will be able to get here it is the actual bird parts I will need to be able to replace after crashes or wear and tear .

I just cant find any online shop that sells a range of parts for the Kinkade range of products.

It would be very nice of any one to help out. Thanx
Old Jan 10, 2010, 08:35 AM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,128 Posts
Well, to tell you the truth there is Robert Korobelnik in France ( http://ovirc1.free.fr/ornithop.htm) He is Mr. kincade's dealer " in your neck of the woods".
I'm sure he'd be of assistants to you.
G-LO
Old Jan 10, 2010, 08:56 AM
Cape Town SA
Joined Jan 2010
65 Posts
May be I need to email Sean directly to find out were one can get parts. ( http://ovirc1.free.fr/ornithop.htm) plus this site is terrible.

But thanks for the help G-LO
Old Jan 10, 2010, 09:48 AM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Breath View Post
May be I need to email Sean directly to find out were one can get parts. ( http://ovirc1.free.fr/ornithop.htm) plus this site is terrible.

But thanks for the help G-LO
OOoopps! I ment (http://ovirc.free.fr/)
Yeh you're right that other site was rather weird.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 07:22 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Dragon Breath,

I have all parts in stock so that's not a problem. Shipping to S.A. may be though. I think the only "safe" way is to use Fedex but even then I've read South Africa is a big risk for shipping anything. The Park Hawk is likely to wind up the property of one of the customs agents from what I've read.
I'd have to check with FEDEX to see what insurance is available.
Kinkade is offline Find More Posts by Kinkade
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:00 PM
Cape Town SA
Joined Jan 2010
65 Posts
Thanks very much Sean I appreciate the replay.

Shipping things to SA is not such a problem. As I said I fly helis (Knight 3D, Outrage 550 and Gaui 200v2) and I have no support in SA for any of them. We get all our parts from Hellidirect, so shipping is no problem. We always use USPS priority mail and I for one have never had a problem.

I will most likely order a Park Hawk3 from you in the next month. Just spent my Xmas bonus on my helis.

Soon I will join the ornithopter club!!
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:31 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Come on in Dragon Breath, the ornithopter club needs you!
Well if Priority Mail gets you helicopters then maybe I was wrong.

If you plan to buy a Park Hawk next month, you may want to go ahead and tell me what color, etc. so it will be ready when you are.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:52 AM
Cape Town SA
Joined Jan 2010
65 Posts
Thanks a lot Sean!

I was thinking the blue looks good, but I have always had a problem seeing a blue canopy on my helis in the sky. The other color I really like is the neon green with the blue trim, so I will go with that.

The other thing I just wanted to know was, what ESC amperage do I need because I will be using my DX7 with the bird? So I will use a separate ESC and RX. I also need to know what size Lipo's I need 2 or 3 cell and what mah? I assume the PH3 comes with a brushless motor…

From where would you like me to order? From FlappingFlight.com

Well I think the Park Hawk3 will make a nice addition to my hanger.
Last edited by Dragon Breath; Jan 12, 2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 03:14 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Dragon Breath,

You won't need an ESC because I now include a 20A brushless ESC with the kit. The PH-3 flies best on a 2 cell 800-1200mah lipo pack. I have batteries in stock.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:42 AM
Cape Town SA
Joined Jan 2010
65 Posts
That's cool. It means all I need is the bird!!

So do I order from FlappingFlight.com?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 04:18 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
www.flappingflight.com or directly through PayPal.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:09 PM
Cape Town SA
Joined Jan 2010
65 Posts
Okay so I just placed my order for a Park Hawk 3 !! !! !!

I know I said that I was going to wait for next month, but I got too excited.

One thing I am a bit unsure about was I could not specify the color on the order so I sent an email to Sales.

I hope that it will sort out every thing.