HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2010, 09:47 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1 Posts
Discussion
Installing Realflight G5 Upgrade without Installing G4.5 in Windows 7 64-bit First

During the early part of October 2009, I upgraded my older version of Real Flight G3.5 and I purchased the full retail version of Real Flight G4.5 but never got around to installing it on my previous computer a Dell XPS GEN4.

Recently I purchased a new computer a Dell 8000 XPS i7-860MHz computer with 8MB of Ram and the computer has a NVIDIA GT-240 Graphic Card with 1MB of Ram running Windows 7 Professional with XP Mode activated.

A few days ago I purchased online the full upgrade version of Real Flight G5 from Real Flight G4.5; I have some installation questions before G5 arrives:

1) First, can I just install the full upgrade version of Real Flight G5 without first installing the full retail version of Real Flight G4.5?

2) Second, from what I read Real Flight G5 is Windows 7 compatible / ready but Real Flight G4.5 is not SO where should I install Real Flight G5? QUESTION: If I only need to install the full retail version of Real Flight G5 should I install it in Windows 7 or do I need to install it in Windows 7 XP Mode for the program to work properly?

3) Third, if I must install the full upgrade version of Real Flight G5 over Real Flight G4.5 should I install it in Windows 7 or do I need to install it in Windows 7 XP Mode for the program to work properly?

4) Lastly, I have Expansion Packs 1, 2, and 4: are they compatible with G5 running Windows 7 or Windows 7 XP Mode?
t075 is offline Find More Posts by t075
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2010, 11:29 AM
Joined Jan 2005
552 Posts
Quote:
1) First, can I just install the full upgrade version of Real Flight G5 without first installing the full retail version of Real Flight G4.5?
Yes, it will just ask you for your previous version (G4.5 in your case) serial number and your interlink serial number.

Quote:
2) Second, from what I read Real Flight G5 is Windows 7 compatible / ready but Real Flight G4.5 is not SO where should I install Real Flight G5? QUESTION: If I only need to install the full retail version of Real Flight G5 should I install it in Windows 7 or do I need to install it in Windows 7 XP Mode for the program to work properly?
Just install it as would any normal windows 7 program. Just make sure the user account you install it with has administrator privileges.

Quote:
3) Third, if I must install the full upgrade version of Real Flight G5 over Real Flight G4.5 should I install it in Windows 7 or do I need to install it in Windows 7 XP Mode for the program to work properly?
As per the answer to question one you can install the upgrade by itself in windows 7, no need for XP mode.

Quote:
4) Lastly, I have Expansion Packs 1, 2, and 4: are they compatible with G5 running Windows 7 or Windows 7 XP Mode?
They are compatible with windows 7

If you get stuck, post any problems over on the knife Edge forum. Whilst it is not an official support forum the developers do look at it from time to time. If you are in the USA the official support contact for Realflight is Great Planes ....

Call 217-398-8970 (Option 1)
Available Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM CST.

Or email: rfsupport@greatplanes.com
nemo_uk is offline Find More Posts by nemo_uk