HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2010, 10:37 AM
Kyoto Pref. Japan
Joined Sep 2004
643 Posts
Build Log
rescue boat is planned

Hi!.
Ladies and gentlemen, the rescue boat is planned now.
It is a boat that rescues an unexpected trouble when the boat is made to run.
The feature is in the propeller before and after as shape is a towboat.
It is so, and thinks to be extricable of the accident boat in strong traction in the propeller in the back and forth.
This concludes my report.
y.takahashi is offline Find More Posts by y.takahashi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2010, 11:09 AM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,454 Posts
Looks a little bit like a double ended springer?
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old Jan 09, 2010, 02:31 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,765 Posts
You're right Foo, it does look kinda-sorta Springerish---.

It'll take some practice to learn how to drive it---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Jan 09, 2010, 08:32 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by der kapitan View Post
You're right Foo, it does look kinda-sorta Springerish---.

It'll take some practice to learn how to drive it---.
Nah, it will be easy to drive, and be very maneuvearable..
It is a neat design. I wonder if the hook will be deployable?
Umi_Ryuzuki is offline Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Old Feb 14, 2010, 08:00 AM
Kyoto Pref. Japan
Joined Sep 2004
643 Posts
Rescue boat was restarted

Hi!. All.
The production of the rescue boat was restarted after a long time though a few in became empty. It became LCS2 and two shape that progressed simultaneously. This new rescue boat wants to stand by when LCS does the launching.
First of all, the both sides board of the hull was cut out, and curved surface plywood was bonded to the bottom of a ship. The curvature decided to be also small, to sprinkle the hot water, and to bend the bend of the plywood board of this bottom of a ship though shape is simple.
I think that I was able to do the shape of the bottom of a ship well.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 03:27 PM
ralph
Antelope, CA 95843
Joined May 2004
132 Posts
I am glad you are back. I like the idea of having propeller in the back and forth position, for a rescue boat. It will be very interesting to see how you do this. Also if you could, what type/size of curved surface plywood are you using. Ralph
ralphhager is offline Find More Posts by ralphhager
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:49 AM
Kyoto Pref. Japan
Joined Sep 2004
643 Posts
what type/size of curved surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphhager View Post
I am glad you are back. I like the idea of having propeller in the back and forth position, for a rescue boat. It will be very interesting to see how you do this. Also if you could, what type/size of curved surface plywood are you using. Ralph
Hi!. ralphhager;14349583 san.

Thank you for the letter in my RESCUE BOOT it. 。To approach the breakdown ship promptly as a rescue vessel, to obtain promptly, and to pull it promptly, and powerfully, this boat did.
Therefore, to return without approaching to the breakdown ship, and the turn, the propeller is attached before and after. The rudder is in the back and forth, too. To pull it powerfully, it pulls it with two propellers in the back and forth.
The battery is 7.2VNi-cd.
It is CD.
Two motors are MABUCHI. It is 380.
In the hull, the both sides version is China plywood of 3mm.
The China plywood of 2mm is compulsorily bent sprinkling the hot water, and the curve of the bottom of a ship is fixed with the bonding material and the nail with [howaitobondo] for woodwork momentarily. When the bonding material dries, the nail is removed.
The drawing of PDF file is appended.
*The unit of the size of the drawing is mm.
Please refer to production.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 04:51 AM
Kyoto Pref. Japan
Joined Sep 2004
643 Posts
Update progress

Hi!.All
It is the latest process of my rescue boat.
Build the above part hull and the cabin, and the clear painting groundwork
It painted it. Well, what color is painting made?。Please propose it if there is Color skim that someone is good.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 12:01 PM
Damp and Dizzy member
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Joined Aug 2003
3,413 Posts
Your high pilot house will act like a sail. When rescuing at a distance, it is hard to judge relative positions of rescue boat and hulk. You might want to make the pilot house removable so that your maneuving is not hampered by the boat blowing away from the hulk. I have that problem with my tugboat rescue boat.
Brooks is offline Find More Posts by Brooks
Old Feb 26, 2010, 02:39 PM
r/c ships and workboats
bellingham, wa
Joined May 2006
4,672 Posts
Actually that high pilot will make it easier to rescue as it gives a higher line of site to the rescue/salvage vessel from the shoreline. I have done many a rescue with my models and others where the distance at almost throw in the towl (300 foot away or more ). Best color choice for this would be in red or yellow so that it contrast against the water and most backgrounds.
keith S is offline Find More Posts by keith S
Old Feb 26, 2010, 04:15 PM
Joined Sep 2008
6,454 Posts
I know, from flying aircraft and cars/trucks at a distance, one advantage of the high pilot house would be to paint whichever is the designated 'forward' part of the pilot house one color and aft a different contrasting color to make it easier the see which way the boat (and rescued craft) is going. My truck has large Traxxas sticker on the back end and when I cannot see it clearly it is off to the side.
Foo
Old Feb 26, 2010, 11:18 PM
Damp and Dizzy member
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Joined Aug 2003
3,413 Posts
Keith, if visibility is a problem, how about an orange flag instead of a solid orange "sail"?

When I've got a long distance rescue, my favorite trick is to pass the rescue boat beyond the casualty, then turn back and pursue a course that lines up rescue boat, the casualty, and me. That way I know that I will touch the casualty with the rescue boat.

My attempts to approach a casualty at right angles to me and the hulk fail once the hulk gets too far off shore for me to judge distance accurately. I will miss either too short or too long :-). The line up method works better for me. Visibility is not so critical since you are just lining up 3 dots - tug, hulk, you. With the right angle approach, I agree that good tug visibility is very important for judging relative distance.
Brooks is offline Find More Posts by Brooks
Old Feb 27, 2010, 08:54 AM
Kyoto Pref. Japan
Joined Sep 2004
643 Posts
TV camera is installed in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
Keith, if visibility is a problem, how about an orange flag instead of a solid orange "sail"?

When I've got a long distance rescue, my favorite trick is to pass the rescue boat beyond the casualty, then turn back and pursue a course that lines up rescue boat, the casualty, and me. That way I know that I will touch the casualty with the rescue boat.

My attempts to approach a casualty at right angles to me and the hulk fail once the hulk gets too far off shore for me to judge distance accurately. I will miss either too short or too long :-). The line up method works better for me. Visibility is not so critical since you are just lining up 3 dots - tug, hulk, you. With the right angle approach, I agree that good tug visibility is very important for judging relative distance.
Hi!.
All . Thank you for making the topic from my rescue boat.
I install the rescue boat and the TV camera is installed in the future.
It is thought that the rescue work can be done while confirming the ship where it far parts and it comes to a standstill with sunglasses type monitor TV.
Therefore, the cabin raises the back.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 11:03 AM
Joined Sep 2008
6,454 Posts
that's cheating to use technology where my old derned eyes and depth perception fail me!

I posted on your LCS thread, I am not sure if you have seen it.....
Foo
Old Feb 28, 2010, 02:43 AM
Kyoto Pref. Japan
Joined Sep 2004
643 Posts
painted today

Hi!.All.
The rescue boat painted today.
Vivid red for a familiar hand each other was sprayed.
It seems to be a ship and it has become it.

*Fooman san. Thank you for information on your LCS.