HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by CaptDH, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 01:45 PM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
20,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee R. Wheeler View Post
I been going to the show since 1991 and AMA is pricing themselves out! $400.00 for a booth,$25 for a chair,food,room,moving product into venue etc etc. All this do is keep the little guy out! This is a mama/papa/cottage business.
I would like to see more small company at the show with new product that their R/D came up with. Like one year CR Aircraft was there. Were they there this year? Why not! What happen to AstroFlight.
And the most important one of all,which should have been first is the NFL Playoffs. Football is first with most american males. I have asked the AMA people why have it on this date?
The RCX Show is at a time when there is nothing going on. And last $15.00 for this show is too much!!! By time a man move his people.. He will have to take out a home loan. All because he thinks there will be the latest and greatest there. The Show As I See It!! Late!
$15 isn't too much for admission. I've paid more for car shows and whatnot.
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2010, 02:18 PM
United States, CA, Redlands
Joined Nov 2001
325 Posts
HI Xpress. You are right. It is not bad for one person. But for a family of four, for the whole day. It get to be a bit much. Late!
Lee R. Wheeler is online now Find More Posts by Lee R. Wheeler
Old Jan 11, 2010, 02:21 PM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareh View Post
It may sound out of topic but generally which show you guys prefer, AMA or RCX show? My understanding is that the AMA is mainly concentrated on aerials and flying mechines but rcx is for general radio controlled machines, for some reason I've been more interested in rcx lately than AMA, even though I'm a plane and heli fan.
RC Expo has too much car and die cast car displays for me. Its supposed to be RC related but last time I went two years ago (Pomona) they had two building and one whole building was die cast car displays, Where is the RC in that!

Anyway that was the last time I went to RCX and I doubt I'll go again. Even if they give me free tickets.
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2010, 02:23 PM
100% addicted to RC :)
USA, CA, La Verne
Joined Feb 2008
1,695 Posts
RCX is just fun to go to. Even though it isn't as centered more around planes (although you'll find the booths you needs, the big names, and still get deals) it is still interesting to watch the RC Cars run and see everything. Plus it is 4 minutes from my house
finchkid24 is offline Find More Posts by finchkid24
Old Jan 11, 2010, 03:03 PM
Joined Aug 2008
490 Posts
Did any one see GWS there? My friends and I were looking for the GWS booth but didn't see it.
omnicomps is offline Find More Posts by omnicomps
Old Jan 11, 2010, 03:06 PM
United States, CA, Downey
Joined Jun 2005
1,818 Posts
Nope No GWS!!!
Jcopter
Jcopter is online now Find More Posts by Jcopter
Old Jan 11, 2010, 03:44 PM
Joined Oct 2007
20,936 Posts
No GWS, but I think there were some vendors selling GWS stuff.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 04:13 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbus View Post
RC Expo has too much car and die cast car displays for me. Its supposed to be RC related but last time I went two years ago (Pomona) they had two building and one whole building was die cast car displays, Where is the RC in that!

Anyway that was the last time I went to RCX and I doubt I'll go again. Even if they give me free tickets.
Ray:

You might rethink that. I have the reins on flying toys at RCX like I do the AQMA Expo and have been working to expand the air side of the event. This year we have an outdoor heli demo that'll be running constantly just east of building 6, the aircraft building. Our primary disadvantage at the LA Co Fairgrounds is that we are directly under the final approach to Brackett Field just across the street from the drag strip. That puts a hard ceiling on the RCX airshows but we're working to use that airspace as much as possible without catching flak from them. I also want to fill building 6 with pilots to the point where there's no room for die cast.

mw
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Last edited by Mark Wood; Jan 13, 2010 at 08:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old Jan 11, 2010, 04:45 PM
United States, CA, Downey
Joined Jun 2005
1,818 Posts
Some old GWS stock but not much
Too Bad, they could have done better
Jcopter
Jcopter is online now Find More Posts by Jcopter
Old Jan 11, 2010, 05:59 PM
Joined Oct 2007
20,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood View Post
Ray:

You might rethink that. I have the reins on flying toys at RCX like I do the AQMA Expo and have been working to expand the air side of the event. This year we have an outdoor heli demo that'll be running constantly just east of building 6, the aircraft building. Our primary disadvantage at the LA Co Fairgrounds is that we are directly under the final approach to Brackett Field just across the street from the drag strip. That puts a hard ceiling on the RXC airshows but we're working to use that airspace as much as possible without catching flak from them. I also want to fill building 6 with pilots to the point where there's no room for die cast.

mw
So the flightline this year will be bigger inside?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 08:40 PM
characters welcome!
Joined Feb 2000
26,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress.. View Post
So the flightline this year will be bigger inside?
Probably not (vendors need room) but it's something to consider. Thanks.

mw
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:53 PM
Joined Jul 2005
1,008 Posts
NitroPlanes.com at the AMA

Nitroplanes at the 2010 AMA SHOW Academy of Model Aeronautics (3 min 46 sec)
nitroplanes is offline Find More Posts by nitroplanes
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:42 AM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,279 Posts
Nice vid. We like your stuff . Club member has the little $35. P -51 foamy airframe of the warbird line it's a good one.
alpea 41 is online now Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Jan 12, 2010, 08:37 AM
San Diego, Ca
Joined Oct 2007
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee R. Wheeler View Post
HI Xpress. You are right. It is not bad for one person. But for a family of four, for the whole day. It get to be a bit much. Late!
Everything is so expensive. Actually the $11 or $13 is really cheap. THat's the price of a movie ticket nowadays.

I cringe at how much a family has to pay at a real outting. The Zoo can be $200 and Sea World $3-400 for one day!
LAdams is offline Find More Posts by LAdams
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Decals!
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:34 AM
characters welcome!
Joined Feb 2000
26,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicomps View Post
Did any one see GWS there? My friends and I were looking for the GWS booth but didn't see it.
Mr Lin stopped by the Flying Area to say hi. Apparently he also has had to consider closely where he is spending money these days and the Expo didn't factor into the budget this year.

mw