Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:37 AM
Joined Jul 2007
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
Is there some one how can post picture of servo installation of v2 fuselage. It's very tight place

Greetings

Teo
Hello Teo,

indeed bit of a challange to get the equipment in the fuse. Here some pictures of the installation of my Twister 2.

Battery: 4 * GP 35AAAH (can be easily removed from the fuse).
Receiver: Jeti Duplex R6.
Servo's: 2 * D47 (sorry Greg and Steve).
Upgraded ballast system (maximum 120 grams).

Hope this helps,
Bas Breijer
Bas B is offline Find More Posts by Bas B
Last edited by Bas B; Sep 12, 2010 at 10:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2010, 01:11 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,081 Posts
Is that the ballast system that comes with it or is it something of your own design.

Do the brass tubes have lead in them? Do they come filled or do you have to do this yourself?

how long are the brass and carbon ballast tubes?

Looks cool.

Enjoy flying (and winning) with it!

Frank
Fly2High is online now Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Jun 10, 2010, 01:55 PM
Joined Jul 2007
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2High View Post
Is that the ballast system that comes with it or is it something of your own design.

Do the brass tubes have lead in them? Do they come filled or do you have to do this yourself?

how long are the brass and carbon ballast tubes?

Looks cool.

Enjoy flying (and winning) with it!

Frank

Frank,

The ballast system is my own design.
The two ballast rooms are made from carbon hose (EMC-VEGA SC1032) and have an inside diameter of about 5.2 mm. At the forward 2.5 cm, one layer is added to give additional strength at the point where the ballast is locked. The total weight of the rooms is about 2.5 grams. The end of the tubes is about at the location of the trailing edge of the wing.

The ballast consist of brass 5 mm outside/ 4 mm inside diameter with a length of 23.5 cm. A double 0.4 mm steel spring is soldered on the front part. The shape of the spring is such that the front is bent inside the brass, so if the solder fails the ballast is still locked.

I use ballast of 60, 30 and 15 gram. For the 60 grams ballast Tungsten (18 kg/dm3) is glued inside the brass and for the 17 and 30 grams ballast steel is glued inside the brass with 5 minute epoxy. The center of gravity matches with the center of gravity of the plane.

Regards,
Bas
Bas B is offline Find More Posts by Bas B
Last edited by Bas B; Sep 12, 2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 03:57 PM
Maurice
Bakersfield, Cal.
Joined Jul 2004
1,074 Posts
Looks like there is plenty of room to put just about what ever you want in there (188s or 281/285 ).

Maurice
mpodder is online now Find More Posts by mpodder
Old Jun 10, 2010, 04:26 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpodder View Post
Looks like there is plenty of room to put just about what ever you want in there (188s or 281/285 ).

Maurice
I was hoping to use the DS285s in my new T2 because they are real good but by brother (who is building the plane) said he did not see any way of them fitting. The inside height where the servos reside is 25mm MAX. Looks like the D47 is the ticket.
Cliff
atlav8r is offline Find More Posts by atlav8r
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 10, 2010, 04:52 PM
Joined Sep 2007
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
Is there some one how can post picture of servo installation of v2 fuselage. It's very tight place

Greetings

Teo
Other possibility. Aft D47 flat on bottom, front D47 tilted to give clearance for single pull strings. Ballast on right hand side, steering strings on left.

Peter
Peter Aanen is offline Find More Posts by Peter Aanen
Old Jun 10, 2010, 04:58 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Aanen View Post
Other possibility. Aft D47 flat on bottom, front D47 tilted to give clearance for single pull strings. Ballast on right hand side, steering strings on left.

Peter

I like the looks of the green!
atlav8r is offline Find More Posts by atlav8r
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 10, 2010, 05:21 PM
Steve Meyer
Mt Pleasant, WI
Joined Jun 2005
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlav8r View Post
I was hoping to use the DS285s in my new T2 because they are real good but by brother (who is building the plane) said he did not see any way of them fitting. The inside height where the servos reside is 25mm MAX. Looks like the D47 is the ticket.
Cliff
I do not have exact measurements of that fuselage but it looks quite similar to a Sirius. You will have to lay the DS285 on it's side. But to each his own. I have D47 in the Vandal and Light Hawk wings.
SOAR-Steve is offline Find More Posts by SOAR-Steve
Old Jun 10, 2010, 06:14 PM
Maurice
Bakersfield, Cal.
Joined Jul 2004
1,074 Posts
>The inside height where the servos reside is 25mm MAX.<

Just checked and the DS188/185 is exactly 25mm from bottom to the top of the screw. You could also probably grind the output gear down 1 to 2mm and be down to 24 to 23mm which is very close to the D47 at 22.7mm.

What do you think
Maurice
mpodder is online now Find More Posts by mpodder
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:58 PM
Master of the Wind
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Sep 2008
1,161 Posts
I intend to try to stuff DS188 in mine but I will have to look at it first. I got two in my Twister 1 with no problem.
G Norsworthy is offline Find More Posts by G Norsworthy
Old Jun 11, 2010, 12:23 AM
Joined Jun 2010
16 Posts
Twister 2

[報價 = Ğ諾斯沃; 15290147]我打算嘗試的東西 DS188排雷,但我會看它。我有兩個在我的難題一沒有問題。[/報價]

Hello everybody I share my Twister 2
[IMG公司] http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...o/RIMG0026.jpg [/ IMG公司]
[IMG公司] http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...RIMG0002-1.jpg [/ IMG公司]
[IMG公司] http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...o/RIMG0005.jpg [/ IMG公司]
[IMG公司] http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...RIMG0004-1.jpg [/ IMG公司]
arrowho is offline Find More Posts by arrowho
Last edited by arrowho; Jun 11, 2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 05:48 AM
Joined Sep 2004
323 Posts
C261/DS281/DS285 does not fit in that fuse. No go.
One S3154 may fit as far forward as possible but two never. At least not without grinding heavily the case down.
I would also say that d4.7 is the way to go. For the others that try to fit at least one digital servo for elevator in that fuse, the fuse is a bit asymmetric so it is possible that the servo fits in one direction and not in the other.

lg
maikoflyer is offline Find More Posts by maikoflyer
Old Jun 12, 2010, 01:17 PM
Walter Roos
Canton, Ga.
Joined Aug 2004
3,195 Posts
For the Elevator, the HS-50 which is suppose to have very good centering, may be of use. They are a bit tall, small otherwise. They were once in favor, for DLG elevators. Sides flat to the bottom perhaps.

Just trying to help. No dog in this hunt.------yet.

walt
ROOSWH is offline Find More Posts by ROOSWH
Old Jun 13, 2010, 02:12 AM
Glasson Master
France, IdF, Breuillet
Joined Sep 2004
53 Posts
The fuse setup on my twister 2 can be seen here: http://picasaweb.google.com/jmb91650/F3KTWISTER2
2 x D47 side by side

Jean-Michel
f5mmx is online now Find More Posts by f5mmx
Last edited by f5mmx; Jun 13, 2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 12:02 PM
Bob W
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Jul 2003
922 Posts
I finished assembly on my T2 a few days ago, and have about 5hrs flying time with it. I've been going out in the morning and in evening to sample flying different conditions. Although I just started getting used to my T1 I can feel the improvements Alex has implemented in the T2!! Hard to describe but I will say overall stiffness, turning, float and range are better :-) The fuseboom design is sweet! The boom is oval for what I can tell all the way back to the tail set which gives an exquisitely solid feel at launch. Complete sickness! I'm not too obsessive about weight but mine is like 267g up with 20g in nose for balance at fwd most point of recmd CG with my gear. I have a 2cell Lipo, PD regulator and a couple D47 for R/E. Standard stuff..I also fly old school 72 so your gear arrangement may vary on 2.4. I want to thank Alex and Cliff for working togethor to bring this for all to enjoy.
Bob
tigroot is offline Find More Posts by tigroot