Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 03, 2003, 03:27 PM
Who Says Penguins Can't Fly?
Bay Area, California
Joined Jan 2003
2,713 Posts
Me? The guy to talk to? Naah, I doubt it. If you want professional help, you should ask Basketcase or Belgy - they are the TM pros.

But, I can still help...
No, you do not *definately* have to buy the tigermoth as a second plane, but it is really nice. In my opinion, the SS and TM are the two best beginner planes... but there are others that you'd enjoy as well. It depends on whether you prefer foam or balsa, electric or IC, what size plane, scale or made-up, etc.
Another really good choice is the Mountain Models Dandy (regular wing - not dandy sport or GT). Most say that the Hobby-Lobby Mini-piper is a good one too, the GWS J-3 pico-cub is good too, the Hobby-Lobby Chubby Lady is okay, etc etc etc.

Anyway, this is the thread for movie discussion, so I recommend that you start your own thread, and say - "what should my next plane be". you'll get tons of help.

-Michael
aeropenguin is offline Find More Posts by aeropenguin
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2003, 03:33 PM
Captain E's sidekick
Woodbury, Minnesota
Joined Aug 2003
208 Posts
Ive got a thred open, its...
after slowstick, what next

Ive heard from a others that the Dandy is really good because of its versitility. Do you agree? It seems to be the plane I'm leaning toward.

Thanks again.
Kramer_87 is offline Find More Posts by Kramer_87
Old Aug 03, 2003, 06:49 PM
Joined Jul 2003
770 Posts
Best video I have seen yet!!
Summer is offline Find More Posts by Summer
Old Aug 03, 2003, 06:52 PM
AllAloneInSpaceAndTime
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Apr 2003
2,387 Posts
Kyle,
My fault! I put a link to this thread on my thread and well..... They're just darn good video's. I'm really glad that even more people will be able to enjoy them. I certainly did, and even tried inverted myself. (Well, I rarely do a flight now without. ) Maybe you've got more vids......?

The Enemy

P.S. You know you want to, everybody's doing it. (Peer pressure)
The Enemy is offline Find More Posts by The Enemy
Old Aug 04, 2003, 01:15 PM
Bay Area, California
Joined Jan 2003
2,713 Posts
I read a little of that thread, and I have the same question... do you want a step UP or a next, good plane which will not neccessarily teach you anything?

The tigermoth will not present anything new, but you'll love it anyway. Also, once you learn ailerons, and you find all the massive oportunities for your next plane, you might not want to come back to the now-boring 3-ch Tigermoth for a while.
It is the easiest warbird to fly, and I believe it's the only 3ch warbird.

The Dandy (regular) 3ch version is also not too much of a step up, but again, it is a wonderful plane, and you'd like it as well. It is better in terms of aerobatics than the TM or SS, so I guess it is a little step up. If you want a chanllenge - something new - something to learn a lot from, you want a 4-ch plane, and everybody says that the Dandy Sport is *the* best first aileron plane.

And, finally, this is not the place for discussion of this, but rather of the videos that Kyle presents us. Please PM me for further questions, and I'd be glad to answer them.

-Michael
Old Aug 07, 2003, 06:22 AM
Alexandria, MN
Joined Oct 2002
209 Posts
I've been gone a few days, so I'm late in my replies...

Kramer_87 - sounds like your questions have been answered by Aero pretty well. I will echo what he says: if you want a step UP from the Stick, the TM isn't it. However, you will never stop flying the TM, you will always come back to it. The TM was my trainer, and my second plane was a Switchback Sport. After a year since I bought the TM, I still fly it.

Enemy - your fault? That's blame you should have no burden bearing. I'm glad you enjoy the videos; I enjoy 'em, and it's nice other folks do as well. Besides these 2 TM videos, I also have a video of my Guillows P-51 conversion and one of my Hellcat. You can do a search for those and they shouldn't be too hard to find. The Hellcat is massive - 33Mb, but I do have a smaller file uploaded, but don't have the link handy. Don't have time to check right now, but will do that this evening hopefully.

Regards,

Kyle Sands <>< Huntley, M
SnoJetter is offline Find More Posts by SnoJetter
Old Aug 07, 2003, 09:23 AM
Helena, MT
Joined Feb 2003
2,913 Posts
I tried the half-roll to inverted with my stock powered moth and it does fine - just looses altitude at about a 15-20% rate - so you have to finish the loop while you are still high enough to recover.

I think it is the most fun manuver I have done yet.

LT
LTChip is offline Find More Posts by LTChip
Old Aug 07, 2003, 05:17 PM
Fairfield Pa
Joined Jul 2003
42 Posts
These have worked for me
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=139607
Mike Waters is offline Find More Posts by Mike Waters
Old Aug 07, 2003, 09:46 PM
Alexandria, MN
Joined Oct 2002
209 Posts
Enemy, here are the links to the other 3 movies I've made.

Guillows P-51 conversion

First Tiger Moth video

Molt Models Parkflyer Hellcat

Hope you enjoy them.

Kyle
Old Aug 07, 2003, 11:05 PM
AllAloneInSpaceAndTime
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Apr 2003
2,387 Posts
Sno,
Man that Hellcat flys great! Thanks for the vid. Its definitely a keeper. In fact I might just keep all of them. I'm glad everyone else can see them aswell.

Corey

(BTW, Can I steal your dad for a few vids of my own? Just kidding, great work. )
The Enemy is offline Find More Posts by The Enemy
Old Sep 09, 2003, 10:07 AM
Joined Jul 2003
770 Posts
wheres the video? the link isnt working?
I saw it before, and was wondering what song was on the soundtrack?
Summer is offline Find More Posts by Summer
Old Sep 09, 2003, 11:15 AM
United States, CA, Nevada City
Joined Aug 2003
1,923 Posts
I'd love to see this video - it sounds super. Any chance of making it available again?

Thanks,

-James.
jamesgood72 is offline Find More Posts by jamesgood72
Old Sep 09, 2003, 09:58 PM
4 Point Landing
USA, IN, Jeffersonville
Joined Sep 2001
475 Posts
Can't go there.......

I tried to go to your link and it said that I was not authorised to enter.

Help me, I want to seeeeeeee.

Fred
fred420 is offline Find More Posts by fred420
Old Sep 10, 2003, 06:02 AM
Alexandria, MN
Joined Oct 2002
209 Posts
Hey guys, silentflightonline.com hasn't been working for quite some time and that's where I've stored most of my videos. I'll have to locate another hosting site and post the video there so you can watch it. Sorry about the trouble - hopefully it won't be long before I can post the new location for the vids.

The music is part of the soundtrack to the movie "Anne of Green Gables." If you have a girlfriend or a sister, you probably know what I mean...

Regards,

Kyle Sands <>< Huntley, MN
Last edited by SnoJetter; Sep 10, 2003 at 06:05 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2003, 01:35 PM
Bay Area, California
Joined Jan 2003
2,713 Posts
SnoJetter, I have both of your TM videos stored on my hard drive. If you have lost your files, depending on SFonline, then I can give you the backups.
-Michael