SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 09, 2010, 07:38 AM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
me too if they do a BNF i would probably get one i like using my dx6i and with the right instruction on the settings it should be fine .
dazzzer1 is offline Find More Posts by dazzzer1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2010, 08:25 AM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,252 Posts
To those of you who are asking for a BNF version of the Blade SR, would you be using it as your "step up" heli, or would you really set it up to be a 3D machine?
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 09, 2010, 08:44 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
To those of you who are asking for a BNF version of the Blade SR, would you be using it as your "step up" heli, or would you really set it up to be a 3D machine?
I would use it as a step up machine... I'm not so much interested in flying 3D as in having a machine that can handle some more wind than a FP will. Being able to do some loops and rolls would just be a plus to me. Doing all the other 3D flying at this time isn't why I would buy it if it was available as a BNF..

But I do wish you would of come out with a little smaller one about 12"-14" would fit better in my flying area..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jan 09, 2010, 09:00 AM
Never stop
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
747 Posts
Quote:
Definitely step up for me. My LHS told me to get the best TX I could afford when I got into the hobby 6 months ago so I got a DX7, but I'm still years away from doing anything but stepping up.

As a way of feedback form a noob, I can tell you that doing TX programming or mechanical set ups on helis is not the hard part. Getting my thumbs to react and my brain to process what the bird is doing while in the air is where I need lots of practice.

By the way, I really really like the whole "step up" products you are offering as they are really helping me learn on my own pace. The mSR is simply a godsend.
Left_Drift is offline Find More Posts by Left_Drift
Old Jan 09, 2010, 09:06 AM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
Quote:
im still quite new and i use the dx6i on my msr so no 3d for me not at this point, anyways but it would be nice for a starter setup guide and a more advanced setup guide included.
dazzzer1 is offline Find More Posts by dazzzer1
Old Jan 09, 2010, 09:07 AM
Joined Nov 2008
109 Posts
Quote:
I'd also be interested in the step up settings. The way I see it is that I can modify the settings later as I get better. I've thought about getting a cp pro 2 and getting an expert to set up my tx to make the heli very mild.

That said, if one helicopter could take me from flying the mSR to doing a little 3d after some modification would be really awesome. I'd even get another stupid transmitter to do that.
tumble2k is offline Find More Posts by tumble2k
Old Jan 09, 2010, 09:08 AM
Lifetime Member
Providence, RI, USA
Joined Dec 1996
2,603 Posts
Quote:
I would be using it for a scale heli as my cp pro 2 is lighter and I use that as my "sport" heli. I am not a hard core 3D pilot.

I asked this question earlier.. what makes this heli less toned down from the pro 2? The radio or the rotor head setup?

John
JohnM is offline Find More Posts by JohnM
Old Jan 09, 2010, 09:15 AM
Never stop
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
747 Posts
Dave, may be doing a PNP is the way to force ultra-noobs to go RTF. Anyone who has a computerized TX should be able to handle PNP.
Left_Drift is offline Find More Posts by Left_Drift
Old Jan 09, 2010, 09:32 AM
Joined Nov 2008
109 Posts
Too bad the dx6i and dx7 don't have a checksum for settings. This way a newbie like myself could easily verify that my settings match the settings in the manual.

The only problem with making the helicopter PNP is that you typically don't end up saving any money by getting it. But I would still welcome not having to get the other transmitter.
tumble2k is offline Find More Posts by tumble2k
Old Jan 09, 2010, 09:48 AM
Huntsville, AL
Joined Dec 2009
7 Posts
Quote:
I would be using it as a step up as well. I specifically bought the BNF version of the MSR and a DX6i as I really liked the BNF concept and it appeared most of your new products were coming out with a BNF option. I don't need another transmitter and I like the ability to tweak the transmitter settings as my skills improve.
mixdj1 is offline Find More Posts by mixdj1
Old Jan 09, 2010, 09:52 AM
Joined Jan 2009
480 Posts
I've always wondered why computer radios don't support external memory slots, like compact flash or SD; then, all they'd have to do is supply the card.
suraki is offline Find More Posts by suraki
Old Jan 09, 2010, 10:03 AM
we're all bozos on this bus
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Nov 2009
61 Posts
Quote:
Step up....from an mSR. I have no desire to fly 3D at all (heli or plane).
I had not flown any R/C for 15 years until just recently. It was the BNF aspect of the 2.4ghz technology which got me interested again. Over a 2 month period, I bought an mCX, mCXs300, mSR, Ember2, and Vapor....then a DX6i to control them. The local shop sold out of Micro-Mustangs or I would have one of those also. And if it would come out, I'd have a J3.....as well as the Super Cub for transitioning to larger R/C planes when the weather warms up. Then probably look into a Trojan, ME109, big Mustang, etc....you see where I am going with this; future purchases are aimed toward BNF offerings. I'm wanting a BNF larger heli that is mSR-esque.....easier for a newbie.
weirdjack is offline Find More Posts by weirdjack
Last edited by weirdjack; Jan 09, 2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old Jan 09, 2010, 10:06 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by suraki View Post
I've always wondered why computer radios don't support external memory slots, like compact flash or SD; then, all they'd have to do is supply the card.
Wouldn't that kick ass! Think of all the screwing around it would save.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jan 09, 2010, 01:22 PM
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,076 Posts
Quote:
I want the SR as a step up heli , NO interest in any 3D flying myself .
wattman is offline Find More Posts by wattman
Old Jan 09, 2010, 03:04 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,380 Posts
Dave,
I'm not aiming at 3D. More, being able to scale-fly anything. I already have 2 CPs, one slightly cruder than BSR and one as elegant as they get. For me BSR would be an intermediate, as are all the other helis I'm looking at for purchase.

IOW, within my customer demographic BNF would be a strong competitive incentive. (But I can't estimate how wide that particular demographic might be, from the perspective of volume sales.)

I shan't need programming instructions. Once around DX6i and one can navigate pretty well on one's own.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Last edited by arbilab; Jan 09, 2010 at 03:10 PM.