HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:39 PM
FlyMike
United States, MI, Holly
Joined Nov 2011
101 Posts
SR eepm

Andy, here is a simple model file that I use for the SR. I think that you need to rename this back to .eepm file
mmilan is online now Find More Posts by mmilan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:20 PM
The Big Kahuna of Foam.
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
1,170 Posts
I just posted a couple of Blade SR helicopters with a ton parts up for sale in the classifieds incase anyone is interested. One of them has a brushless variable pitch tail.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1807544
bkahuna is offline Find More Posts by bkahuna
Old Jul 05, 2013, 12:43 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,369 Posts
A Main has the Blade SR on sale for $156. Is the Blade SR really as bad as this reviewer put it?

Quote:
Mark Hayes - Rating: Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Well I fell into the trap. this is the BIGGEST POS out there stay the heck away from it. the tail stinks the electronics are just as bad I'd sell the thing off but I would feel bad selling this JUNK to anyone. even my worst enemies.. I bought a 450 align... now that is a bird. flies nice handles better. Bottom line DONT BUY AN SR unless you want to torture yourself
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Helicopter-RTF

(place item in cart for sale price)
TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Old Jul 05, 2013, 12:46 PM
RC Heli Addict
United States, GA, Dublin
Joined Mar 2013
235 Posts
I think of the main drawbacks of the SR is the electric tail motor. I believe that it would have been a more solid platform with a tt or belt drive.
shaun.evans09 is offline Find More Posts by shaun.evans09
Old Jul 06, 2013, 10:50 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,126 Posts
The sr is a poorly designed pos.

It is junk, total junk, don't buy one for $25, for $150 you can build a very nice 450 trainer.
Gadflyii is offline Find More Posts by Gadflyii
Old Jul 24, 2013, 09:17 PM
Vero Beach, Florida
Joined Oct 2008
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBean View Post
A Main has the Blade SR on sale for $156. Is the Blade SR really as bad as this reviewer put it?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Helicopter-RTF

(place item in cart for sale price)
Travis, I believe I'm the only guy that likes the SR, I still fly mine daily along with a 450 and the 500. While I don't use it for loops or inverted flights, the gyro won't hold, I practice a little tail first flying with it and nose in flying. The tail motor don't hold up well in crashes, the little wire that they use for the brush to the armature get displaced to easy. Mine has several hundred flights on its last tail motor (immediately upon lift off go to idle up, the tail motor doesn't like spikes in current, and use the recommended battery that comes with the kit.), I use a (cut to fit) King Bee canopy on mine (cheap), and installed shorten training balls(close to skids) for help in viewing. Wholesaletrains.com carry the tail motor for about $7 bucks. Its easy to see for small field flying, and it rather slow compared to the 450's. Most of my time is at the flying field, but I do check this board weekly. I use cheap china wooden blades that are a tad wider on mine, its amazing how expensive a canopy and blades are for this thing.
wattflyer is offline Find More Posts by wattflyer
Old Jul 24, 2013, 11:54 PM
United States, MN, Otsego
Joined Dec 2010
388 Posts
Nice to see I'm not alone!

I still have, and fly, my blade sr uh1 Huey.

Same main components, just a scale body. I have other cp helix now but I still enjoy some slow scale flying with the sr. In general I would agree that a tail motor on a hell this size is a bad idea but I honestly feel that for the price it is still a decent value.

Jim
jcmors is offline Find More Posts by jcmors
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:14 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,460 Posts
Still have my Huey SR. Just sits collecting dust. I fly planks now.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Jul 28, 2013, 05:23 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadflyii View Post
The sr is a poorly designed pos.

It is junk, total junk, don't buy one for $25, for $150 you can build a very nice 450 trainer.
I totaly agree mine is a shelf looker, flew it 10 times and paid around $300 and since bought 2 450 clones and a real live pro Trex 450 with shaft drive. The tx that came with it unless your an expert it is almost imposable to fly, the tail wags worst than my dog. The parts are expencive and the thing is cheeply built.Build your own and buy a good TX/RX something you can adjust expos on and your far beter off. The 450's are easier to fly than the 250's and you can get parts everywhere. The blade holders don't take any abuse on the SR one small smack and the little plastic ball breaks broke 4 and after waiting 30 days for parts I repaired it and put it on the shelf. I would have sold mine a long time ago but didn't want someone else to go through what I went through.
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Sep 09, 2013, 07:00 PM
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Jul 2013
358 Posts
After HH put the UH-1 on sale for the cheap price of $99.95, I had to buy one. The $250.00 original price @ the LHS was way out of line with my pocket book, but the new price made me open the wallet for a scale bird in the hanger!
FloridaAKM is offline Find More Posts by FloridaAKM
Old Sep 09, 2013, 09:34 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,237 Posts
Worst case you could use heli for staic display. Plus have new Brushless motor/ esc/ AR6110e RX/ Battery/ Charger three servos. and Gyro. Or if you are more than a noobie and can fly c/p's a Scale model Huey to fly. Yes its not great but it does fly. Yes it needs to be adjusted and tail motor issues. Another point has a 6ch TX. Nothing great but useable for something else ands its DSM-2 Spectrum.
Anyway its to late as they are sold and now are gone. There may be some at other places but since HH is out I would not think you can find them cheaper.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Sep 10, 2013, 09:57 AM
Joined Dec 2010
388 Posts
I just bought a second one. At this price it was worth it even just for spare parts! It needed the standard tail adjustments, still needs a little more finessing but it flies. I am puzzled as to why the standard SR is still $199 and the Huey was blown out at $99? Seems illogical to me. If you can fly a cp heli. (Fly not just hover) this sr Huey really is a decent deal.

Just my humble opinion and that along with about three bucks will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks!

Jim
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:58 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,237 Posts
Jim,
I would watch HH and bet they drop price on SR. This is about oldest heli they have. UH-1 on HH states no longer available, not just out of stock. the Huey had more appeal as Scale. I would not get SR. Master c/p is much better and cost is $119.00, plus X-heli now has 10% off. If you can fly UH-1, Master c/p will be a dream machine. Very stable and good for camera platform.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 02:34 PM
Joined Dec 2010
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Jim,
I would watch HH and bet they drop price on SR. This is about oldest heli they have. UH-1 on HH states no longer available, not just out of stock. the Huey had more appeal as Scale. I would not get SR. Master c/p is much better and cost is $119.00, plus X-heli now has 10% off. If you can fly UH-1, Master c/p will be a dream machine. Very stable and good for camera platform.
Really it is that stable? I really enjoy my genius CP's I have a devo 7 tx too so I would be set! 119 is a great price too.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 08:13 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,237 Posts
I have two Genius c/p's and like the way they fly. I use Devo 7 Tx and use same settings/ memory to fly Master c/p, and Mini c/p bl. Don't have to change a thing.
Master is very stable. It does have issue with plastic stock servos. They strip easy , but WK does sell m/geared replacements. $12.00 each. Even with cost of these servos its a very good trainer heli. Its brushed but uses 400 size drive train so has plenty of power. Still half of cost of Blade 300X, but 300X is differnet 3D heli.