HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:14 AM
365 flying days a year
dakotakid's Avatar
United States, CA, Lemoore
Joined Mar 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumppi T View Post
Hi,

Could someone measure and tell me the precise thickness of the Blade SR's main shaft please.

Thank you

BR
- Tumppi
Tumppi,

I got 3.96mm but I'm sure its 4mm. My calipers are probably not super accurate.
dakotakid is offline Find More Posts by dakotakid
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2012, 01:19 AM
Micro Heli mods
Tumppi T's Avatar
Finland, Tuusula
Joined Mar 2012
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotakid View Post
Tumppi,

I got 3.96mm but I'm sure its 4mm. My calipers are probably not super accurate.
Thanks
Tumppi T is offline Find More Posts by Tumppi T
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VCTRC 450 Pro V2 (T-Rex clone)
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:20 PM
Registered User
Blackanthem's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2011
637 Posts
I just picked up this RTF SR.

Name: sr.jpg
Views: 25
Size: 110.4 KB
Description:

I have been flying the SR 120 for a while with a DX6i, and came across the SR locally, for a deal I could not pass up.

Can anyone share some good DX6i settings? Or any other advice for a 120 SR flyer that just got a SR
Blackanthem is offline Find More Posts by Blackanthem
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2012, 03:51 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
2 Posts
Try this link - http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=195138
32 pages of settings, helped me out no end.
CharlieCrocodile is offline Find More Posts by CharlieCrocodile
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2012, 04:00 PM
Registered User
Blackanthem's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2011
637 Posts
Awesome. Thanks. Stoked to get this contraption in the air.
Blackanthem is offline Find More Posts by Blackanthem
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:00 AM
365 flying days a year
dakotakid's Avatar
United States, CA, Lemoore
Joined Mar 2012
26 Posts
It maiden time

I'm ready to bind my dx6i to my used sr for the first time. Two questions remain unanswered in my mind. Is there any settings that must be made in the dx6i before the bind? I know about the swash type and reversing some channels.

While reading through this thread I came across several posts from the beginning of last year that talk about moving the main motor plug to aux 1 position. Is this a must do and did I understand it correctly?

I also know about unplugging the motors before I do any of this.

Other than that I think I understand that all other setting in the dx6i are personal preferences that can be changed at any time.

Let me know if there is anything else I need to do before the big moment.

Thanks
dakotakid is offline Find More Posts by dakotakid
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:39 AM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotakid View Post
While reading through this thread I came across several posts from the beginning of last year that talk about moving the main motor plug to aux 1 position. Is this a must do and did I understand it correctly?
I've never heard of this. Can you give the post #?
By "main motor plug", are you talking about the the plug from the ESC to the RX? That should always be plugged into the "throttle" position. Aux 1 is for one of the swash servos and should already be occupied. Maybe they were referring to the Gyro plug going into the "gear" slot so you can dial in the gyro gain % from your TX.
If the plugs into the RX hasn't been messed with, you shouldn't be changing anything at this point. Plugging the ESC plug into Aux1 will really screw things up.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2012, 05:44 AM
365 flying days a year
dakotakid's Avatar
United States, CA, Lemoore
Joined Mar 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
I've never heard of this. Can you give the post #?
By "main motor plug", are you talking about the the plug from the ESC to the RX? That should always be plugged into the "throttle" position. Aux 1 is for one of the swash servos and should already be occupied. Maybe they were referring to the Gyro plug going into the "gear" slot so you can dial in the gyro gain % from your TX.
If the plugs into the RX hasn't been messed with, you shouldn't be changing anything at this point. Plugging the ESC plug into Aux1 will really screw things up.
Posts # 5289, 5292, 5293.

I'm probably just not understanding what I'm reading.
dakotakid is offline Find More Posts by dakotakid
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2012, 09:56 AM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotakid View Post
Posts # 5289, 5292, 5293.
I'm probably just not understanding what I'm reading.
OK, I've quoted all those posts you listed below.
Note the phrase I highlighted in red .........
They are talking about a HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Version 2. It has nothing to do with a Blade SR. The HB is a 4-ch. helicopter. To add to the confusion, one guy is talking about a motor and the other guy starts talking about the rotor. The "motor" plug is the one from the ESC to the RX and only goes in one spot - the "throttle" port. On a fixed pitch swash, the swash does NOT move up and down to change rotor pitch. On a CP heli, the swash is controlled by 3 servos and the whole thing moves up and down to control rotor pitch but since it also controls roll and heli pitch, there must be mixing involved. That's where you select "120* swash" in the TX. It does the mixing for you.
Those guys are addressing a very specific problem that has nothing to do with this helicopter. That conversation should have been carried on by PM or at least deleted shortly afterwards.
Ignore everything quoted below this line .......
__________________________________________________ _____________

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolxl View Post
Hi all

Just tried the conversion to DX6i for my HBFPV2, followed the video, can get the elevator and aeileron servos to work but no main or tail motor, what am I doing wrong? Help need to get back in the air as I'm just starting to make progress.

Colin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbheliusr View Post
You need to probably plug the main rotors into the Aux1 port. That's what I had to do.

did you bind your dx6i to the receiver? What receiver did you use?
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolxl View Post
Hi

Yes rx bound to tx. Using an AR6100 rx. What do you mean "plug the main rotors into Aux 1 port" If you mean plug the wire from the main motor into the rx aux 1 port I did this and the motor started up in 0 throttle position! HELP!

Colin.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:48 PM
365 flying days a year
dakotakid's Avatar
United States, CA, Lemoore
Joined Mar 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
OK, I've quoted all those posts you listed below.
Note the phrase I highlighted in red .........
They are talking about a HoneyBee Fixed Pitch Version 2. It has nothing to do with a Blade SR. The HB is a 4-ch. helicopter. To add to the confusion, one guy is talking about a motor and the other guy starts talking about the rotor. The "motor" plug is the one from the ESC to the RX and only goes in one spot - the "throttle" port. On a fixed pitch swash, the swash does NOT move up and down to change rotor pitch. On a CP heli, the swash is controlled by 3 servos and the whole thing moves up and down to control rotor pitch but since it also controls roll and heli pitch, there must be mixing involved. That's where you select "120* swash" in the TX. It does the mixing for you.
Those guys are addressing a very specific problem that has nothing to do with this helicopter. That conversation should have been carried on by PM or at least deleted shortly afterwards.
Ignore everything quoted below this line .......
__________________________________________________ _____________





Sorry. Sometimes when your an old f**t like me you get confused. I searched for 'dx6i bind' in the thread and those were just some of the posts that popped up. I was reading it all fast and missed that it was about another heli. I need to be like my grand kids and just dive into everything without thinking. I worry too much about all this stuff that is so new to me. All those stories I've read over the last four months about helis taking off on guys has got me spooked. Wish I had an old bold rc heli pilot close to me to put my mind at ease when I get nervous like this but I don't have that luxury. My grand kids would have torn open the package when the used sr arrived...slammed a battery in it and been flying for the last two weeks already. Oh to be young again. Thanks for all your help xviper.
dakotakid is offline Find More Posts by dakotakid
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:09 PM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotakid View Post
Sorry. Sometimes when your an old f**t like me you get confused. I searched for 'dx6i bind' in the thread and those were just some of the posts that popped up. I was reading it all fast and missed that it was about another heli. I need to be like my grand kids and just dive into everything without thinking. I worry too much about all this stuff that is so new to me. All those stories I've read over the last four months about helis taking off on guys has got me spooked. Wish I had an old bold rc heli pilot close to me to put my mind at ease when I get nervous like this but I don't have that luxury. My grand kids would have torn open the package when the used sr arrived...slammed a battery in it and been flying for the last two weeks already. Oh to be young again. Thanks for all your help xviper.
I'm an old guy, too. Although it's nice to be young, I'd rather be old and a bit confused than to be young and really stupid.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2012, 05:01 PM
Registered User
Blackanthem's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2011
637 Posts
I did the same thing, tried to bind the SR with the TH on.
Got 3 flights on the SR, very cool I am glad I picked it up. Flying the 120 SR and the MSR over the last year, the SR is HUGE. I think I am bit with the need a bigger Heli bug now.
Blackanthem is offline Find More Posts by Blackanthem
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:46 PM
Registered User
Tim2's Avatar
Devon, Alberta
Joined Apr 2003
200 Posts
Ok I need some expert advise here. I have had my SR for 2 years but have only started flying (hovering) it this year as I normally concentrate on planes. I am finding that the tail all of a sudden just turns on its own from time to time. It seems to be doing it more and more. Does this mean I need to replace the tail motor?

Thanks ... Tim
Tim2 is offline Find More Posts by Tim2
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:55 AM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim2 View Post
Ok I need some expert advise here. I have had my SR for 2 years but have only started flying (hovering) it this year as I normally concentrate on planes. I am finding that the tail all of a sudden just turns on its own from time to time. It seems to be doing it more and more. Does this mean I need to replace the tail motor?

Thanks ... Tim
It's possible but the SR does have a somewhat "loose" tail. It will tend to wag back and forth a bit. If it's doing it more and more, then perhaps the tail motor is on the way out. Does it feel really hot after a flight? Are you using the heat sink?
What about the gyro setting? Have you tried to increase the gain little by little?
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:03 AM
Registered User
Tim2's Avatar
Devon, Alberta
Joined Apr 2003
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
It's possible but the SR does have a somewhat "loose" tail. It will tend to wag back and forth a bit. If it's doing it more and more, then perhaps the tail motor is on the way out. Does it feel really hot after a flight? Are you using the heat sink?
What about the gyro setting? Have you tried to increase the gain little by little?
Thanks for the reply xviper,

This is allot more than the waggle. It will turn from 180 to a complete 360 degrees even if I am imputing opposite stick. I even let a seasoned helicopter flyer try it and he said definitely something wrong. My thought was that the motor was starting to go and would just slow down intermittently allowing the tail to rotate. The motor is getting hot but I am using the heat sink. I have not changed any of the gyro settings yet as it has only started doing this behavior. Does this sound like the motor is going? I always thought that if the motor gave out it would just quit completely not sporadically.

Tim
Tim2 is offline Find More Posts by Tim2
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Blade SR RTF Electric Micro Heli by E-flite ghost2212 Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Jan 07, 2010 09:36 AM
Sold SOLD Blade CP RTF Electric Micro Heli by E-flite Lakepilot Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Nov 26, 2007 05:40 PM
Sold Used E-Flite Blade CP RTF Electric Micro Heli tallflyer Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Apr 13, 2006 03:28 AM
For Sale 4 sale E-Flite Blade CP RTF Electric Micro Heli tallflyer Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Feb 06, 2006 12:09 PM
E-Flite Blade CP RTF Electric Micro Heli tallflyer Product Announcements 0 Nov 17, 2005 02:42 PM