HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2011, 01:45 PM
Berkeley, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyroger View Post
Attempted to fly the SR this weekend and everything was out of whack! I don't know what happened but I had to adjust all the push rods and even then I still had problems. All of a sudden the tail would no longer hold. Haven't a clue there as it happened only once. Maybe it was from the soft foam pad I out under the gyro.
I had to replace the front servo the other day but I didn't change anything else. So I have no idea what happened. I'm going to have to go through the heli from one end to the other before I fly it again.
Do you fly with the stock radio? First thing to check is after the gyro is initialized, check the swash level and the direction of all control surface when you move the gimball stick.
estarter is offline Find More Posts by estarter
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2011, 08:42 AM
Central Lake, Michigan
Joined Dec 2002
1,412 Posts
Oh yeah. I always wait for the gyro to initialize and check the control movements but for some reason the pitch of the blades were down past zero actually negative and I don't have a clue how they got that way.
It's going to take some fiddling with the servos, control arms and such to get it back where it will fly properly again. Oh well, I gues that's what we have to put up with sometimes.
BTW I've had radio programing for my planes go into the ether for some unknown reason and since I always perform a preflight I discovered it. Prevented a disaster.
cheers
jollyroger is offline Find More Posts by jollyroger
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:03 AM
Berkeley, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,895 Posts
The radio will not change the set program, I have many flights in DX7 and never happen to me. Every time you make changes in the setup, mechanical wise or the radio program, it is like a maiden flight again to trim it out.
Old Apr 01, 2011, 11:09 AM
FLYINGJUNKY
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
833 Posts
Anyone know of a carbon fiber tail boom for the SR. Where???? Can not find anything on the web.
Thanks, eric
eschult is offline Find More Posts by eschult
Old Apr 01, 2011, 11:15 AM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschult View Post
Anyone know of a carbon fiber tail boom for the SR. Where???? Can not find anything on the web.
Thanks, eric
Just buy some 8mm CF tubing and cut your own.Lot's of people sell it.That's what I do.I think I got mine from Hobby Lobby.
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman
Old Apr 01, 2011, 12:25 PM
FLYINGJUNKY
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinbeachman View Post
Just buy some 8mm CF tubing and cut your own.Lot's of people sell it.That's what I do.I think I got mine from Hobby Lobby.
Thanks, From hobby lobby the rc store or the retail (craft) store hobby lobby.
Eric
eschult is offline Find More Posts by eschult
Old Apr 01, 2011, 12:57 PM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschult View Post
Thanks, From hobby lobby the rc store or the retail (craft) store hobby lobby.
Eric
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/carbon_fi...24251_prd1.htm

Here you go.Fast shipping.Good service.Give 'em a call.
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman
Old Apr 01, 2011, 09:52 PM
I Toast Planes
Joined Jul 2010
945 Posts
Finally got my SR back into flying sahoe and made a tribute to it. LOL!
Blade SR Back from the Dead (0 min 19 sec)
bakon is offline Find More Posts by bakon
Old Apr 06, 2011, 02:21 AM
DX6i,DX7..low on model memory!
SUFFOLK, ENGLAND
Joined Jan 2008
326 Posts
Hello all,

Looks like like I'll be looking on this forum again for usefull info. Turns out that the "friendly chat forum" was none too friendly and has been closed!

I wish people would just use these forums for the purpose they were made for and keep the personal stuff private.

Cheers

Colin
malcolxl is offline Find More Posts by malcolxl
Old Apr 06, 2011, 03:41 PM
Hovering until my thumbs bleed
USA, WA, Mountlake Terrace
Joined Dec 2010
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolxl View Post
Hello all,

Looks like like I'll be looking on this forum again for usefull info. Turns out that the "friendly chat forum" was none too friendly and has been closed!

I wish people would just use these forums for the purpose they were made for and keep the personal stuff private.

Cheers

Colin
I have moved to helifreak.........much more information, easier to find, and nicer people.
newbheliusr is offline Find More Posts by newbheliusr
Old Apr 15, 2011, 01:16 PM
Joined Oct 2010
37 Posts
Microheli center hub question

Hey Guys,

I purchased a CNC center hub for my BSR and after a few flights my heli would not lift off. After careful inspection I noticed that the upper "slider" on the center hub was binding. After tearing it down I noticed a VERY small set screw that had backed its way out and was fouling the travel of the slider. I guess the set screw held in some kind of alignment pin? Also I can not seem to find what size that VERY tiny allen is? Can someone with a Microheli center hub verify this?
I tried e-mailing and calling Microheli with no success.

Thank you

Mike
mikeymustang is offline Find More Posts by mikeymustang
Old Apr 18, 2011, 07:19 AM
Joined Apr 2011
3 Posts
KDS 3D Flymentor to PC fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
bob, try this idea.........this should work without having to disable driver signing.

I installed Flymentor 3D software on a PC desktop and PC Laptop both running Windows7.
I downloaded Flymentor software from Helipal which comes as a zip file; I extracted the files into a folder. In the Programs file I made a new folder and named it KDS Flymentor, from the folder that I extracted the files to I copied the Vista files i.e. kdslink.info, lowcdc.sys and KDS-Flymentor.exe into the KDS Flymentor file in the programs file.
I then switched on the TX and plugged the usb lead into the FM and connected the lipo, plugged the usb into the computer. On to the computer screen comes the pop up to say that a new device has been found and the computer tries to install the device drivers but it then says that it failed. Keep the device plugged in and go to the Control Panel on the computer in the top right search box type in device manager, when device manager appears in the menu click on Update device drivers on the next screen list, look for the KDS Link Line which should have a small red and yellow with an exclamation mark on it (this means there was a problem when trying to install). Right click on this and choose update drivers. The next screen that appears choose “Browse my computer for driver software next screen click on browse and find in the Programs file the folder that contains the Flymentor drivers. Click OK and the computer should start installing the drivers, this takes about 3 minutes then you will get a warning about installing the drivers click on install anyway and then should come a message saying that the drivers have installed successfully.

I get this far and then it tells me that it will not go any further as the driver isn't digitally signed.. I'll try again or give up and use the hand held controller..

Go back to the programs file and find the folder that the Flymentor files are in and right click on KDS-Flymentor.exe select create shortcut then drag the shortcut to the Desktop Double click on that and the program should start and connect to the heli.[

Hi mate don't know if you managed to get the driver loaded, I found that after you inserted the adapter in the USB port and installed the drivers go into Control panel,System,Hardware,Device manager click on Ports you will find KDS LINK port it normally is set to COM12. If it is not set to COM1 it won't open the port KDS LINK and connect to the adaptor. Double click on the KDS LINK port and port settings. Go to Advance settings and change the port to COM1. Save it now plug in the adaptor cable to Flymentor, switch on radio to get power into it now open the program thats on the CD or the one you downloaded, they are all the same and working fine.
It will immediately connect to FM. There is no real sequence of how to plug it all in its all the same but safer to make sure the heli does not spin up better to remove esc wires. Have fun. Oh yes for the vista and windows 7 OS run program in windows XP compatibility mode.
Hope it helped. I am new to helicopters but always loved them and wanted to have one. Now I have two 450 helis and alot of hours on fly simulator and youtube.

CopterX
KDS450S
K-7x Transmittor and k-8x receiver
MRTJ30 is offline Find More Posts by MRTJ30
Last edited by MRTJ30; Apr 18, 2011 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Add on
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:22 PM
I Toast Planes
Joined Jul 2010
945 Posts
I have been training on the sim for hours and I am pretty sure I will be able to fly my SR. Just gotta get a new battery
bakon is offline Find More Posts by bakon
Old May 13, 2011, 02:28 AM
Berkeley, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,895 Posts
Flybarless BSR, will try to fly without the FBL controller first.
Old May 13, 2011, 03:28 PM
Berkeley, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,895 Posts
FBL BSR, stock frame, electronics hovers with no stablizing electronics, the control feeling is about the same as the flybar one.