HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2011, 04:16 PM
Hovering until my thumbs bleed
USA, WA, Mountlake Terrace
Joined Dec 2010
963 Posts
Got my packages. Man, that Spektrum AR7100 is huge. I have no idea how I am going to fit that on the T-REX. I might have to buy something smaller. That 7100 is Massive.
newbheliusr is offline Find More Posts by newbheliusr
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:14 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,015 Posts
thats what she said! ha ha....I had to! can you remove the casing on those? maybe shrink wrap it?
goodhumormarc is offline Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:17 PM
Joined Dec 2010
963 Posts
I went ahead and bought an AR6110E. I am just going to try that. I also have my AR6200 but it has a different not so convenient pin placement. I really want to mount it under the gryo.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 08:09 AM
Joined Apr 2009
745 Posts
FYI I have about a half a dozen of the Spektrum compatable receivers and not have had a glitch there nice for a economy build..

http://www.targethobby.com/mx-dsm-2-...p-4162015.html
Flight time is offline Find More Posts by Flight time
Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:43 PM
drh
Rhode Island
Joined Aug 2007
220 Posts
New blades

My LHS did not have any BCP carbon fiber blades in stock. I'm going to try the BCP flat bottomed blades this weekend if the wind dies down.

I'm curious to see what the difference in performance is...

Wish me luck!!
drh is offline Find More Posts by drh
Old Feb 18, 2011, 02:48 PM
Wendell, NC
Joined Jun 2010
1,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbheliusr View Post
I went ahead and bought an AR6110E. I am just going to try that. I also have my AR6200 but it has a different not so convenient pin placement. I really want to mount it under the gryo.
AR6110e is perfect size
lazor 22 is offline Find More Posts by lazor 22
Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:20 AM
Joined Dec 2010
963 Posts
Alright, I am done. I just need to do some fine tuning. But this is pretty much it. Everything is put together, and it powers up fine. I need to do all the pitch checking and all that. But I thought I'd post some pics. I have been up pretty much all night. It didn't help that I locked us out of the apartment on our way down to do laundy. So we were locked out of our apt for about an hour. That sucked. Anyway, I am tired. So I am going to get ready for bed.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:30 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,520 Posts
Quote:
Alright, I am done. I just need to do some fine tuning. But this is pretty much it. Everything is put together, and it powers up fine. I need to do all the pitch checking and all that. But I thought I'd post some pics. I have been up pretty much all night. It didn't help that I locked us out of the apartment on our way down to do laundy. So we were locked out of our apt for about an hour. That sucked. Anyway, I am tired. So I am going to get ready for bed.
Looks good Rex now go get some sleep....
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Feb 19, 2011, 06:55 PM
Joined Dec 2010
963 Posts
Hello everybody. I just thought I'd let you know that it flies. Well, I couldn't take it outside as it's windy as heck. But I test flew it in the living room. I am not sure how I got so lucky though. The pitch was darn near right on. I had to adjust tracking slightly and I checked the pitch and it's +10 full stick, 0 at mid stick, and -10 and full low stick. So I must have done something right. I got the gyro dialed in and the tail doesn't shake. I must say, these VP tails are nice. This one is belt drive. I needed to dial in some D/R and Expo for this bad boy. It's a lot more twitchy than anything else I have ever flown, so I gotta dumb it down a bit for me. But so far, I really like it. I built it, that's what's really nice. I can hardly wait to get it outside. But I think that is going to have to wait for a nicer day. Sucks too cause it's beautiful outside, no clouds, but lots and lots of wind. I haven't fought wind much, so I don't know what it would do.

Anyway, I'll try to get a video up of it doing a slight hover in the living room. It won't be very long, less than a minute I am sure. But I'll try to get one posted.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 07:15 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,520 Posts
Quote:
Hello everybody. I just thought I'd let you know that it flies. Well, I couldn't take it outside as it's windy as heck. But I test flew it in the living room. I am not sure how I got so lucky though. The pitch was darn near right on. I had to adjust tracking slightly and I checked the pitch and it's +10 full stick, 0 at mid stick, and -10 and full low stick. So I must have done something right. I got the gyro dialed in and the tail doesn't shake. I must say, these VP tails are nice. This one is belt drive. I needed to dial in some D/R and Expo for this bad boy. It's a lot more twitchy than anything else I have ever flown, so I gotta dumb it down a bit for me. But so far, I really like it. I built it, that's what's really nice. I can hardly wait to get it outside. But I think that is going to have to wait for a nicer day. Sucks too cause it's beautiful outside, no clouds, but lots and lots of wind. I haven't fought wind much, so I don't know what it would do.

Anyway, I'll try to get a video up of it doing a slight hover in the living room. It won't be very long, less than a minute I am sure. But I'll try to get one posted.
Great,,, yep windy here also,, but I tried a flight at the field with the 120SR and the new swash,,, wasn't any fun,, tried the Champ wasn't any fun had to use 1/3 throttle just to stop it so I could pick it up after the flight.. Flew the V100D01 it was fun as the wind wasn't a problem with it..

I'm sitting here looking at the SR and the new MicroHeli swash and thinking about installing it.... Any reason I can't just go in through the bottom and not the top???
Old Feb 19, 2011, 08:34 PM
Joined Dec 2010
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Great,,, yep windy here also,, but I tried a flight at the field with the 120SR and the new swash,,, wasn't any fun,, tried the Champ wasn't any fun had to use 1/3 throttle just to stop it so I could pick it up after the flight.. Flew the V100D01 it was fun as the wind wasn't a problem with it..

I'm sitting here looking at the SR and the new MicroHeli swash and thinking about installing it.... Any reason I can't just go in through the bottom and not the top???
I am not sure I know what you mean. I took the main gear off, detached the servo links and pulled the head and main shaft out of the heli. Took the retaining collar off and disconnected the links to the swash and removed it. It should be that easy. Just watch those rocker arms. the pitch link should always be on the left side of the rocker arm.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 08:59 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,520 Posts
Quote:
I am not sure I know what you mean. I took the main gear off, detached the servo links and pulled the head and main shaft out of the heli. Took the retaining collar off and disconnected the links to the swash and removed it. It should be that easy. Just watch those rocker arms. the pitch link should always be on the left side of the rocker arm.
My mistake I thought you had gone down from the top and that was how you got messed up..
But anyway I'm doing it your way but now have shims all over the place O rings that I don't have the right size for... looking for more shims but can't find them maybe I didn't order them after all??
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:18 PM
Joined Dec 2010
963 Posts
Quote:
My mistake I thought you had gone down from the top and that was how you got messed up..
But anyway I'm doing it your way but now have shims all over the place O rings that I don't have the right size for... looking for more shims but can't find them maybe I didn't order them after all??
Why do you have shims everywhere? Did you take the feathering shaft apart? I never did that.............
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:51 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,520 Posts
Quote:
Why do you have shims everywhere? Did you take the feathering shaft apart? I never did that.............
I wanted to check the O rings as the head is way to loose.. Found the kit so installed new O rings and just the stock 3 shims and washer on each side feels better now... Need picture of head to see if I have it right.. do the links from the flybar come straight down to the bell crank and the links to the swash are on a angle going from left to right as they go up???
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:35 PM
Joined Dec 2010
963 Posts
Quote:
I wanted to check the O rings as the head is way to loose.. Found the kit so installed new O rings and just the stock 3 shims and washer on each side feels better now... Need picture of head to see if I have it right.. do the links from the flybar come straight down to the bell crank and the links to the swash are on a angle going from left to right as they go up???
Yes, exactly.

The non adjustable links go down to the swashplate and it is ok if they are at an angle. Just make sure your adjustable pitch links are almost vertical, the ones that come from the flybar down to the bell crank.

Here's a pic of the SR spindle shaft assembly