HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2010, 03:50 PM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
the msr is a great heli if this turns out as good then i will buy but the problem i will be having is should i be flying this before my ufly umm
dazzzer1 is offline Find More Posts by dazzzer1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2010, 04:33 PM
USA, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Dec 2009
66 Posts
Anyone for a slightly used 3 hover cp pro 2? 189.00
Evil-E is offline Find More Posts by Evil-E
Old Jan 07, 2010, 04:36 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,108 Posts
I had a CP and loved it but I couldnt fly it near my house because I have power line towers really close and I would keep crashing because of interference so I quit flying helis. If this flies like a CP I may just have to get one.
verticalspark is online now Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shooting my AR pistol
Old Jan 07, 2010, 05:13 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post
Hi,
Certainly not interested in an argument here, but for the record, this is absolutely not the case. Our factory (OEM) is not the same (at all) as the mentioned company/product. The SR is somewhat of a fusion of the Blade CP and Blade 400 concepts in form. The frames are a bit like a 'mini 400'.
Clearly there are a lot of similar products in the market.... certainly features are 'borrowed' one way or the other (yes, sometimes in the past even early prototypes, photos, or drawings have been leaked and rushed to market).
If they were made in the same place, I would just say nothing.... (sometimes products are) but they are not.... for the record.

David
David:

You have my apologies and in light of your statement, I retract my previous jump to conclusion. As I stated, for the record, I love my Blades.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Jan 07, 2010, 09:23 PM
Heli girl!
USA
Joined Apr 2007
1,087 Posts
@David:

Is the CP pro 2 being replaced or will it still continue to sell along the SR?

Also are there current plans for a Mini size SR or a replacement for the Blade 400?
bekylane is offline Find More Posts by bekylane
Old Jan 07, 2010, 09:55 PM
Joined Jul 2008
129 Posts
E-Flite/Horizon is on a roll. It took me several months to read thousands of posts about the MSR before I finally pulled the trigger and bought one. It is currently my favorite helicopter. I would even call it the RC product of the year.

I will also do my homework before pulling the trigger on the SR. Time will tell if it is a winner, but I have a good feeling about this one.
Bighog is offline Find More Posts by Bighog
Old Jan 08, 2010, 12:26 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,387 Posts
Dave, if you're still here, DO package it as BNF. You'll sell at least one, to me.

Everything I buy, I convert to Spektrum (where practical). Yes, I can very well program DX6i to soft--or hard--center stick response. Like, it doesn't take a rocket scientist.

Much as anything, I can't afford to clutter my dining room table with another gawldang RTF transmitter and still have room for my brother and I to eat.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Jan 08, 2010, 12:32 AM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
David:

You have my apologies and in light of your statement, I retract my previous jump to conclusion. As I stated, for the record, I love my Blades.

Don
No need to apologize.... It is a popular theory... I just feel the need comment on it from time to time, Nothing personal!

Have a great day!
David
dribbe is offline Find More Posts by dribbe
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2010, 12:39 AM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
Dave, if you're still here, DO package it as BNF. You'll sell at least one, to me.

Everything I buy, I convert to Spektrum (where practical). Yes, I can very well program DX6i to soft--or hard--center stick response. Like, it doesn't take a rocket scientist.

Much as anything, I can't afford to clutter my dining room table with another gawldang RTF transmitter and still have room for my brother and I to eat.
We will monitor the feedback on this issue. We do not have one in the works, and even if we decided to do one, it would take quite a long time. We have data on many of these issues, and we remain pretty concerned about the number of customers that would be happy, in proportion to those who may be frustrated or have problems. (We have also marketed PNP's in the past, and we know the interest levels in those as well). We do want to have a very high ratio of ALL of our customers happy, successful, and also to limit our returns....

We realize that there are SOME customers that would do well with a BNF, but is it enough (in proportion in this class/complexity).

David
dribbe is offline Find More Posts by dribbe
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2010, 02:45 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post
We realize that there are SOME customers that would do well with a BNF, but is it enough (in proportion in this class/complexity).
At least a web order for a BNF or people like me wont buy one I dont see the point in buying non BNF models anymore if you have a good tx
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jan 08, 2010, 03:03 AM
I Always Fly Inverted
United States, NY
Joined Aug 2004
387 Posts
I cant wait till this hits the stores, going to go down and pre order mine this weekend..
Monstermanhbf is offline Find More Posts by Monstermanhbf
Old Jan 08, 2010, 05:03 AM
Western Australia
Joined Nov 2009
39 Posts
where would I be able to preorder one in Australia?
I'm sold
troyzero is offline Find More Posts by troyzero
Old Jan 08, 2010, 07:56 AM
Western New York
Joined Dec 2007
1,140 Posts
It is not a bad looking Heli. I like that they went to an Alum. tail boom, I have always had problems changing out the one in my CP Pro. It really does appear to be a replacement for the Blade CP. I would like to see them add a belt drive tail, although I have converted my old CP Pro from gear drive to the new direct drive motor and do enjoy the improvement, it seems to keep up with the brushless motor.

Dave any word on when we may see the UH1 released, the date keeps being pushed back, I have a CP Pro all set for this conversion
eli5539 is offline Find More Posts by eli5539
Old Jan 08, 2010, 08:31 AM
we're all bozos on this bus
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Nov 2009
61 Posts
Add another BNF fan to the list. I have been buying Horizon products specifically because of Bind'n'Fly! This new heli looks like one I would instantly pre-order if it were offered in a BNF box. In fact, I would love to see BNF versions of ALL Horizon offerings. I was thrilled to see the "Super Cub LP" is coming out in BNF. That single aspect has me ready to buy one as soon as they hit the stores.
I've already bought a DX6i radio to fly Horizon helis and planes. I'm about to put the RTF TX's I have on eBay, along with all those single slot chargers.
weirdjack is offline Find More Posts by weirdjack
Old Jan 08, 2010, 08:56 AM
SCF
Joined Nov 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdjack View Post
Add another BNF fan to the list. I have been buying Horizon products specifically because of Bind'n'Fly! This new heli looks like one I would instantly pre-order if it were offered in a BNF box. In fact, I would love to see BNF versions of ALL Horizon offerings. I was thrilled to see the "Super Cub LP" is coming out in BNF. That single aspect has me ready to buy one as soon as they hit the stores.
I've already bought a DX6i radio to fly Horizon helis and planes. I'm about to put the RTF TX's I have on eBay, along with all those single slot chargers.
Sell one of them to this guy:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1171400
SCF is offline Find More Posts by SCF