SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 07, 2010, 01:48 AM
USA, CA, Oxnard
Joined Mar 2006
827 Posts
Discussion
Model Yacht Basin in Mission Bay, San Diego

As I recall, the model yacht basin had a weekend schedule of one day for high-powered boats, and one day for sails and slow electrics. But I don't remember which day was devoted to which. Can anybody tell me?
Chatenever is offline Find More Posts by Chatenever
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2010, 01:53 AM
Telford,PA.USA
Joined Apr 2007
77 Posts
Saturday for the fast stuff, Sunday for the sheet boats and scale. check with the Argonauts.http://sandiegoargonauts.com/page3.html,My bad, I just looked at their schedule and scale runs on Saturday's. Hows the Pond Rats, I used to fly with the C.I. Condors.
dartgw is offline Find More Posts by dartgw
Last edited by dartgw; Jan 07, 2010 at 02:03 AM. Reason: checked the schedule
Old Jan 07, 2010, 10:20 AM
Chula Vista, Ca.
Joined May 2006
312 Posts
Saturday morning us scale guys are out until 12 noon, then the sailboat guys have the pond. Sunday mornings the fast boat guys have the place. Sailboaters are also out on Wednesday afternoons. The full pond schedule can be found on the website for the San Diego Argonauts. There are times when events might be going on and the pond is closed, but that is all on the schedule.
mrbassman is offline Find More Posts by mrbassman
Old Jan 07, 2010, 11:24 AM
USA, CA, Oxnard
Joined Mar 2006
827 Posts
Thanks guys. That's exactly what I needed. BTW, what is the meaning of, "Sail Points" on the argonauts schedule?

Dartgw - I've been to the Pond Rats a couple of times looking for sails, but it seems that they only run the go-fast nitro boats.
Old Jan 07, 2010, 12:13 PM
QM1 (SW) Stephen L. Vick
San Diego CA
Joined Jan 2009
168 Posts
Saturday's until noon for scale, also we have 3 Saturdays in 2010 dedicated for all day scale runs which will be posted here soon. It is important to check with the Argonauts because they have the pond for many of the Saturdays for Sail and Gas boat races. I would hate for you to travel all the way down from Oxnard only to find the pond full of Gas Hydros or sheet boats...
FightingSailor is offline Find More Posts by FightingSailor
Old Jan 07, 2010, 08:24 PM
USA, CA, Oxnard
Joined Mar 2006
827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingSailor View Post
I would hate for you to travel all the way down from Oxnard only to find the pond full of Gas Hydros or sheet boats...
Thanks, but I wouldn't be going to SD JUST to go to the model yacht basin. I live in Oxnard but I have grandkids in Carlsbad, so I go down now and then to visit. I'd like to get into sailboats (I think), but there doesn't seem to be anyone around here who is into that. I'd like to talk with some of the "sheet boat" boys and maybe even investigate the availability of some used equipment.