HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Which DW do/have you own/owned?
DW 28" kit 61 10.48%
DW SKUA 28 4.81%
DW 38" kit 173 29.73%
DW 48" kit 154 26.46%
DW 55" kit 70 12.03%
DW Pylon Racer 9 1.55%
Never owned one 208 35.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 582. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:47 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,597 Posts
anyone flown the Rehab yet?
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:45 PM
Team JR
Doug Cronkhite's Avatar
San Diego
Joined Feb 2002
1,601 Posts
I have. I've crashed it too. The EPP parts just take it in stride and assuming you don't break the prop, or really stuff it in hard, you just go fly some more. Great little airplane.
Doug Cronkhite is online now Find More Posts by Doug Cronkhite
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:47 PM
Registered User
BryanEW710's Avatar
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2010
1,640 Posts
I think I like the looks of their other EPP bird...the Angelfire?
BryanEW710 is offline Find More Posts by BryanEW710
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:53 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,597 Posts
i'm really stoked to try out one of Mike's 32" EPPs.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:12 PM
Registered User
Gig Harbor, WA.
Joined Jul 2010
159 Posts
The Rehab should be a winner. I wish Mike came out with it about 6 mo's earlier. It was just what I was looking for at that time. I bought a Crack Yak from Twisted Hobbies instead. It is quite obvious that the Rehab is built along the same platform and is VERY similar in design. the Crack Yak is a great flyer, but still has some issues that I am sure the Rehab will not have. Especially with the use of Depron in the important parts.

Yes, I like the Crack Yak, but when it wears out I will replace it with a Rehab. I know it will do the job!

Neat thing about this size and style of model. You can throw it in the trunk of your car and take it with you and fly almost anywhere. Also, It doesnt mind a stiff breeze! Must have something to do with the wing design.
Chris Arena is offline Find More Posts by Chris Arena
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:58 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,597 Posts
Thanks. What were the issues with the Crack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Arena View Post
The Rehab should be a winner. I wish Mike came out with it about 6 mo's earlier. It was just what I was looking for at that time. I bought a Crack Yak from Twisted Hobbies instead. It is quite obvious that the Rehab is built along the same platform and is VERY similar in design. the Crack Yak is a great flyer, but still has some issues that I am sure the Rehab will not have. Especially with the use of Depron in the important parts.

Yes, I like the Crack Yak, but when it wears out I will replace it with a Rehab. I know it will do the job!

Neat thing about this size and style of model. You can throw it in the trunk of your car and take it with you and fly almost anywhere. Also, It doesnt mind a stiff breeze! Must have something to do with the wing design.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:03 PM
Thumbs in training
ryyoungs's Avatar
United States, OR, Damascus
Joined Feb 2012
127 Posts
40" Juka in the mud

This is a testament to how solid DW foamies are. I was 20 feet in the air when I lost connection with the receiver, still need to figure out what happened there, and the pic is the end result. Good news is the only thing that happened is the prop broke. Not a dent in the plane, just some mud.
ryyoungs is offline Find More Posts by ryyoungs
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:08 AM
Registered User
Gig Harbor, WA.
Joined Jul 2010
159 Posts
Denver Jayhawk.

Crack Yak issues are very minor. Full EPP on the Crack Yak seems very sensitive to climate changes. The fuse seems to expand and shrink when the temperature changes, thowing the trim off considerably. I don't own a DW Fusion, only 9mm depron and it never changes shape and holds it's trim in all weather types.
Other than that, the Crack Yak is a great little airplane. But I like the idea of the Depron in various places along with the epp on the Rehab!
Chris Arena is offline Find More Posts by Chris Arena
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:13 PM
aka ECAA3D
m0dest's Avatar
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Arena View Post
Yes, I like the Crack Yak, but when it wears out I will replace it with a Rehab. I know it will do the job!

Neat thing about this size and style of model. You can throw it in the trunk of your car and take it with you and fly almost anywhere. Also, It doesnt mind a stiff breeze! Must have something to do with the wing design.

+1

I'm actually liking my Techone milled sbach I got for xmas more. It flies so true and straight.
The CYLs are snappy, but have issues with warped foam near the rudder. I thought it just might be MY builds(2 of them) but I noticed it's the same on ALL CYLs. Both need quite a bit of left rudder trim. They are however just about as good as you can get with EPP...I'm just a fan of depron.
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:15 PM
aka ECAA3D
m0dest's Avatar
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Apr 2012
1,153 Posts
I wasn't shocked to see a REHAB come out after the CY.

A couple friends and I were joking about it about a week before it came out.. Irony
m0dest is offline Find More Posts by m0dest
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:35 PM
Registered User
Gig Harbor, WA.
Joined Jul 2010
159 Posts
Oh yes, the Crack Yak rudder warp. Yep, mine is too. Just have to trim it out., but it is a pain and doesnt happen with depron.
Chris Arena is offline Find More Posts by Chris Arena
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:52 PM
Registered User
santiago3d92095's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
287 Posts
got everything ready for the expo tomorrow!

from left to right:

34 inch extra 330 pro
ultra light 40 inch yak 55 (aerofoam, weighs about 7 oz with the batt.)
34 inch extra 330 pro modified to be a 330sc with VPP and vector trhust
30 inch cub with AS3X
34 inch point
32 inch juka pro with vpp

and EF 48 inch extra 300 on the back
santiago3d92095 is offline Find More Posts by santiago3d92095
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:53 AM
The "Foaminator"
mikeruth's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2007
2,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiago3d92095 View Post
got everything ready for the expo tomorrow!

from left to right:

34 inch extra 330 pro
ultra light 40 inch yak 55 (aerofoam, weighs about 7 oz with the batt.)
34 inch extra 330 pro modified to be a 330sc with VPP and vector trhust
30 inch cub with AS3X
34 inch point
32 inch juka pro with vpp

and EF 48 inch extra 300 on the back
Good job, have a good time and tell Mike I said hello.
Were skipping the show this year.
mikeruth is offline Find More Posts by mikeruth
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:18 AM
check for reversed controls
alpea 41's Avatar
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,203 Posts
If you go to Electric Flight Events in the Thread AMA Convention Ont Ca 01 11 12 13 2013 I'm putting up a pretty good pic and video show of the event . At least as good as one guy with a pocket cam ... can do. Santi is in there ... It was a pretty good day for day #1
alpea 41 is online now Find More Posts by alpea 41
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:23 PM
The "Foaminator"
mikeruth's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2007
2,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpea 41 View Post
If you go to Electric Flight Events in the Thread AMA Convention Ont Ca 01 11 12 13 2013 I'm putting up a pretty good pic and video show of the event . At least as good as one guy with a pocket cam ... can do. Santi is in there ... It was a pretty good day for day #1
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=17

Link to the DW video's

Mike R
mikeruth is offline Find More Posts by mikeruth
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo DW Foamies - Colored Packing Tape Trim Scheme rpmrpm Painting and Finishing Tips 47 Feb 24, 2013 04:35 PM
Discussion DW foamies BAF 48" yak 54 build thread appleflyer 3D Flying 50 Jul 24, 2012 03:31 PM
Discussion DW Foamies Yak Junior Build Thread NumbSkull 3D Foamies 90 Feb 01, 2012 03:25 PM
Poll DW Foamies owners thread (poll) Xpress.. 3D Flying 132 Mar 26, 2010 11:10 AM
Discussion DW (Depron West) Foamies 38" Gen-X tdriedger 3D Foamies 14 Jan 12, 2010 04:13 PM