HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Which DW do/have you own/owned?
DW 28" kit 61 10.45%
DW SKUA 28 4.79%
DW 38" kit 175 29.97%
DW 48" kit 154 26.37%
DW 55" kit 70 11.99%
DW Pylon Racer 9 1.54%
Never owned one 208 35.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 584. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 03, 2012, 06:54 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,054 Posts
I just finished my 40" Juka as well . Ready for maiden.

AXI 2112-26
E max 8 G servo
CC thunderbird 18 esc
Burg 4 RX
800 GEN ACE 3 cell

15 oz finished weight with batt installed .
pro bro steve is online now Find More Posts by pro bro steve
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:00 PM
Gravity hates me.
Joined Aug 2011
182 Posts
Wrecked up my 28in extra 300 on its 2nd flight!! i was in a lot of wind and didnt have enough elevator set in my transmitter.
3dRCrazy is offline Find More Posts by 3dRCrazy
Old Mar 04, 2012, 01:48 AM
When in doubt, gas it!
United States, KS, Spring Hill
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro bro steve View Post

AXI 2112-26
E max 8 G servo
CC thunderbird 18 esc
Burg 4 RX
800 GEN ACE 3 cell

That is a really nice paint job! Wish I could do stuff like that! I've got my airbrush and some paint and I know just enough to be dangerous with it.
KTMRacr is offline Find More Posts by KTMRacr
Old Mar 04, 2012, 01:53 AM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dRCrazy View Post
And for the micros, I'm running it with two single cell lipos, but I think my batteries are going out because my flight times are beginning to get lower and lower. I'm using the 160 mah nano techs, what's a good single cell high quality lipo?
Dude, dump the 160mAh packs... Get the Hyperion 180s. They are night and day difference in power and flight times compared to the 160s. Best part is they only cost you a couple of grams. I have my timer set to 6 minutes and I'm not pushing the limit... Can charge at 5C as well...

I built 6 packs out of single cells and put my own connectors on, but they now have the packs pre-built:

http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g3-cx...or-p-6478.html
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:06 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro bro steve View Post

AXI 2112-26
E max 8 G servo
CC thunderbird 18 esc
Burg 4 RX
800 GEN ACE 3 cell

Great work!! I'm really liking the flames
santiago3d92095 is online now Find More Posts by santiago3d92095
Old Mar 05, 2012, 04:08 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,017 Posts
Still flying my 40" Extra, it still flies great after a number of repairs, it's still my best flying plane, and is still my favorite go to plane!
Thanks Mike of DW, nice planes!

Blu
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:41 PM
Joined Feb 2010
2,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
Still flying my 40" Extra, it still flies great after a number of repairs, it's still my best flying plane, and is still my favorite go to plane!
Thanks Mike of DW, nice planes!

Blu
ha!ha! Same here Blu! I still fly mine from years ago and it fly's gr8! I love my 40' Juka. It thought me SO MUCH for a very low price!!
eranrc is offline Find More Posts by eranrc
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:07 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eranrc View Post
ha!ha! Same here Blu! I still fly mine from years ago and it fly's gr8! I love my 40' Juka. It thought me SO MUCH for a very low price!!
Every time I fly mine I keep your videos in mind as to the skill level I want to get to. I think it's going to take awhile!

Blu
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Mar 07, 2012, 03:05 AM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3drcrazy View Post
just test flew the micro threlon,

daaaaaaannnnngggg!!!

That thing can fly!!!
I won't say I told ya so...

Old Mar 07, 2012, 03:09 AM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dRCrazy View Post
Wrecked up my 28in extra 300 on its 2nd flight!! i was in a lot of wind and didnt have enough elevator set in my transmitter.
Bummer. Sounds like not one but two pilot errors. Hope you can get her fixed up and back in the air!
Old Mar 07, 2012, 03:23 AM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
28" Extra

Got my 28" Extra put together and ready for maiden! Wind is supposed to be blowing like crazy all week (Kansas in March, what else should you expect?). No matter, I bought this to fly indoors anyway...

Had some electronics left over from another foamie that I put a bigger motor in, and they were going to be perfect for this plane.

Hacker A10-9L
Castle Thunderbird 9 ESC
GWS 8x4.3
Hyperion 320mAh 25/45C 2S
OrangeRX R415
New Power XL-8 on aileron
NewPower XL-4.5s on rudder and elevator

Since I will be flying it mostly indoors (and have a paved street out front if I want to fly outdoors) I added some landing gear.

Makes insane thrust. Want to prop down a bit. Would rather have extra flight time. I have a feeling this thing is going to be ballistic with the current setup. Don't need this much for indoor flying for sure!

Plane ready to fly (minus battery) came in at 108g (3.8 oz). Should be right about 131g (4.6 oz) with the Hyperion 320mAh 2S packs I have on the way.

No fancy paint job on this one. Just wanted good visibility and didn't want to have to worry too much about crashing a plane that I spent a bazillion hours trying to make look nice. (I lack artistic skills)
Old Mar 07, 2012, 04:02 AM
When in doubt, gas it!
Joined Dec 2010
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q View Post
The iPower units are really nice and for the money perform really well. For another source on chargers, power supplies and accessories, check out Proggressive RC:

http://www.progressiverc.com/adapter...arallel-cables

The link will take you to their accessories page. I like the parallel cables over the parallel boards. I use the 6S parallel balance cable for all cell numbers.
+1 on the ProgressiveRc.com stuff. I ordered some parallel cables and other stuff from them and it was all high quality stuff. They ship fast too.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 08:56 PM
Gig Harbor, WA.
Joined Jul 2010
159 Posts
Finally! A good sunny, low wind day tomorrow. Yes, I am working claims in the Olympia, but that IS NOT GOING TO STOP ME FROM FLYING MY DW 40" Extra! Got paks charged and 2 hrs put aside to fly!
Weather has been miserable up here in sunny Washington. Havent flown since I turned my Stryker into a lawn dart about 3-4 weeks ago!
Chris Arena is offline Find More Posts by Chris Arena
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:30 AM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Arena View Post
Finally! A good sunny, low wind day tomorrow. Yes, I am working claims in the Olympia, but that IS NOT GOING TO STOP ME FROM FLYING MY DW 40" Extra! Got paks charged and 2 hrs put aside to fly!
Weather has been miserable up here in sunny Washington. Havent flown since I turned my Stryker into a lawn dart about 3-4 weeks ago!
+1
I too have been waiting. The Seattle area has either been really windy or snowy or rainy or just crappy. So (not to rub it in ) I took today off and am headed to Flaming Geyser RC park for the whole day!

Enjoy your day!
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Zeta FX-61 Phantom FPV Wing
Old Mar 08, 2012, 10:02 AM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,643 Posts
took the 40 Juka out yesterday. First batt was fine. Second battery....hand launched to hover and motor just quit. Don't know if it was esc or motor. But she went in nose first at about 10 feet. Broke the nose and fuse cracked in half at the canopy. Took it home. 10 minuntes with CA and she's back together and ready to fly again. You got to love foamies. This would have ruined my month on my 71 Slick or 74 Edge.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk