HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Which DW do/have you own/owned?
DW 28" kit 61 10.55%
DW SKUA 28 4.84%
DW 38" kit 173 29.93%
DW 48" kit 153 26.47%
DW 55" kit 70 12.11%
DW Pylon Racer 9 1.56%
Never owned one 205 35.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 578. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 12, 2011, 08:55 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
Just got my new 40" Extra 300 finished and should maiden it in the morning. I had Gary Pierson paint it and his work is just amazing! The red and black one is my brother Michael's and we'll have that flying soon as well.

Name: DSC02114.JPG
Views: 56
Size: 284.0 KB
Description: Name: DSC02115.JPG
Views: 63
Size: 296.2 KB
Description:

Name: DSC02117.JPG
Views: 57
Size: 222.9 KB
Description: Name: DSC02118.JPG
Views: 59
Size: 173.5 KB
Description:
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:07 PM
WARNING: May contain spam
Joined Oct 2007
20,928 Posts
Lookin sharp dude

I got a pair of HK Turnigy packs in the mail today. Ordered them a few weeks back to begin replacing my assortment of old and dwindling batteries- main reason I haven't flown as of late, all of my batteries are giving me 3-4 minutes of flight times of hard 3d and 5-6 of general sportbatics. Hoping these will put me back up to 10-12 minutes of fun.

For $18 to my door, I can't complain. They're 2.8oz a piece, better than the 3.2oz 1000mah 20C 3S Zippy packs I was using, and significantly lighter than the 4.2oz Turnigy 1300mah 20C 3S pack I was also using.

Going to solder up some recycled Deans and give them a test flight as soon as the weather is clear.
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:33 PM
With great pwer comes great 3D
Globe, USA, Clemson, SC
Joined Jun 2010
1,311 Posts
Those two planes look really good.

For batteries skip going the hobbyking route and check out hobbypartz. They actually ship from the US and I have never had to wait more than 4 days with $5 shipping to get my orders in SC. To the other coast it might take 5 or 6, but thats much better than the 6 weeks I've had to wait for lipos from hobbyking.
killsdeer4fun is offline Find More Posts by killsdeer4fun
Old Dec 13, 2011, 01:26 AM
Gig Harbor, WA.
Joined Jul 2010
159 Posts
The Turniqy Nano Paks are great! However, the bad part is that they come form Sweden, or somewhere like that. The order goes to China, routes to Europe then to the USA. Always takes additional time! But, they are really good paks.
Chris Arena is offline Find More Posts by Chris Arena
Old Dec 13, 2011, 06:08 AM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2010
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielph View Post
Just got my new 40" Extra 300 finished and should maiden it in the morning. I had Gary Pierson paint it and his work is just amazing! The red and black one is my brother Michael's and we'll have that flying soon as well.
The planes look great! Are you going to hover or grass land?

Just a tip from someone who's been there unfortunately...you might want to reinforce the elevator with a bit of carbon. Mine ripped in half during hard maneuvers and went straight in from 50ft up
BryanEW710 is offline Find More Posts by BryanEW710
Old Dec 13, 2011, 08:22 AM
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2009
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killsdeer4fun View Post
Those two planes look really good.

For batteries skip going the hobbyking route and check out hobbypartz. They actually ship from the US and I have never had to wait more than 4 days with $5 shipping to get my orders in SC. To the other coast it might take 5 or 6, but thats much better than the 6 weeks I've had to wait for lipos from hobbyking.
AMEN!!! Haven't ordered from HK since finding HobbyPartz a few years ago. Love love love the Sky and Blue lipo brands.
blueapplepaste is offline Find More Posts by blueapplepaste
Old Dec 13, 2011, 08:46 AM
The "Foaminator"
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2007
2,100 Posts
Mentioned before and again, Hobby Partz has a good selection and good quality batteries that ship from City of Industry California.

As mentioned the Blue lipo, Sky lipo and the Gens Ace are all good packs.

Frankly, I can not justify another brand right now in comparioson to thier prices.

In fact I found last night that they are even less expensive than the comparable pack from HobbyKing.

I buy in large lots so shipping is free, works for me.

MIke R
mikeruth is offline Find More Posts by mikeruth
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:05 AM
Joined Sep 2010
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeruth View Post
Mentioned before and again, Hobby Partz has a good selection and good quality batteries that ship from City of Industry California.

As mentioned the Blue lipo, Sky lipo and the Gens Ace are all good packs.

Frankly, I can not justify another brand right now in comparioson to thier prices.

In fact I found last night that they are even less expensive than the comparable pack from HobbyKing.

I buy in large lots so shipping is free, works for me.

MIke R
Wish they'd actually use XT-60's instead of that 4mm connector of theirs...
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:41 PM
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Oct 2011
85 Posts
Gens Ace all the way! Great battery! I am going to try the Blue Lipo and Sky lipo as soon as the holidays are over, I have heard nothing but good things about them!

As for ordering batteries from HK. I have heard you can choose where you order your parts from, and they do sell batteries from their USA facility, which is supposed to be here in WA.
Tubbster85 is offline Find More Posts by Tubbster85
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:46 PM
Sammamish WA
Joined Sep 2003
981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielph View Post

Attachment 4481614 Attachment 4481615

Attachment 4481616 Attachment 4481617

Nice planes guys what motor and speed control servos do you have installed? Steve
pro bro steve is online now Find More Posts by pro bro steve
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:52 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbster85 View Post
As for ordering batteries from HK. I have heard you can choose where you order your parts from, and they do sell batteries from their USA facility, which is supposed to be here in WA.
They don't have all of their batteries available from the US warehouse.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 01:06 PM
With great pwer comes great 3D
Globe, USA, Clemson, SC
Joined Jun 2010
1,311 Posts
Hobbypartz has even come out with a Gens Eco brand. Basically the same as the Gens Ace but cheaper and still better than the blue lipos which are middle ground on quality.
killsdeer4fun is offline Find More Posts by killsdeer4fun
Old Dec 13, 2011, 02:06 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbster85 View Post
Gens Ace all the way! Great battery! I am going to try the Blue Lipo and Sky lipo as soon as the holidays are over, I have heard nothing but good things about them!

It's actually in Lakewood!

HK TIP!
  • On the HK home page, look down the right side for the "Lipo Finder"
  • Put in the mah and cell number you are looking for and click SEARCH
  • On the next screen you will see the list; at the top you can put in a search range for mah and select the warehouse location (see pict)
Cool, a few mouse clicks and bam! you know what is 1 to 3 days away!

I like HobbyPartz batts too although their website could be a lot faster and more complete.

Enjoy...
mark_q is offline Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2011, 03:47 PM
Gig Harbor, WA.
Joined Jul 2010
159 Posts
LAKEWOOD, WA!. Geez! That's good news. Bye, Bye HK!
Chris Arena is offline Find More Posts by Chris Arena
Old Dec 13, 2011, 03:51 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
How sensitive are these planes to wind?

I was out at lunch today in some light 3mph winds and u just couldn't keep a straight line worth anything.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz