Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
View Poll Results: Which DW do/have you own/owned?
DW 28" kit 61 10.50%
DW SKUA 28 4.82%
DW 38" kit 173 29.78%
DW 48" kit 154 26.51%
DW 55" kit 70 12.05%
DW Pylon Racer 9 1.55%
Never owned one 207 35.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 581. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:09 PM
United States, SC, Spartanburg
Joined Feb 2011
186 Posts
hi Tubbster, good to hear you got an DW Foamie coming, i love my extra!! i flew it some earlier here at work before i clocked in and i found it does some real nice rolling harriers, ive always had a problem holding heading in rolling harriers, but with the extra it's so easy, rolls real nice, hld heightand hading great!!!
i use the same reciever on both my 40" planes it's the Spectrum AR6100, u can also get it in the AR6100E version. i'm using an JR 9303 radio and i can go real far out and real high with no problems!!!, no for the new dsmx systems they have a newer version of this receiver, but they are all pretty much the same. i've been using them for years ad i've never had a problem, even used a AR6100 on a 500 size electric heli and had no problems!!!!
Mikey
madmikeyreturns is offline Find More Posts by madmikeyreturns
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:11 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,930 Posts
New DW owner

Count me in too guy's. I just pulled the trigger on a 40" Extra 300L. Had a nice conversation with Mike as well. I look forward to being in the club.

Blu
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:16 PM
Joined Feb 2011
186 Posts
WOW!! looks like everyone is getting in on the DW Revolution!!!!
Great to hear Bluhammer!!!

Mikey
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:17 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,592 Posts
everyone should have a DW!

Yes, i'm drinking the cool aid big time. It's that good. I'm just trying to decide when i should pull the trigger on a 48 DW.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:25 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
everyone should have a DW!

Yes, i'm drinking the cool aid big time. It's that good. I'm just trying to decide when i should pull the trigger on a 48 DW.

Amen to that!!! While I'm huckin around at the club I tell my buds... ya gots to get one!!!

I've flown all kinds of stuff but when I got my 48" Juka, it was almost like when I really got into heli's... "heli-crack", for those who know...

Every flt's a blast & can wait for the next one!!! And Mike's about the best guys in rc retail I've ever seen...just a super, dude

Hey Jayhawk dont wait another day!!!! Grab a 48" Juka asap & thank me later!!
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:30 PM
Joined Feb 2011
186 Posts
why not go even bigger and it a 55"?? i love my 40" planes so much that a 48 or 55" can only be better!!! just can't make up my mind which on i want, either size i will have to get a motor combo, and batterys. for the 55" i have several hitec 82 and 85 servos from when i use to fly 500 size helis. but if i get the 48" i will have to also get servos.
either way it will be a hard decision on which one to get!!

Mikey
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:52 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmikeyreturns View Post
why not go even bigger and it a 55"?? i love my 40" planes so much that a 48 or 55" can only be better!!! just can't make up my mind which on i want, either size i will have to get a motor combo, and batterys. for the 55" i have several hitec 82 and 85 servos from when i use to fly 500 size helis. but if i get the 48" i will have to also get servos.

Mikey

I asked Mike the same thing (re 55"?) when I was trying to decide...he said they fly stable and have a great presence, but due to weight/mass, wingspan, etc, they're not 3D maniacs like the 48-inchers are (esp the Juka, which is just totally nutz).

BUT...if big is your bag, the hell yeah a 55 is really a showstopper. Mike said guys going for the big foam love to paint em up and put the led's on... wow would that be awesome or what???!!!
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:59 PM
Joined Feb 2011
186 Posts
OH Yea!!! plus if u look backat some of my older post you will see i love to airbrush my planes!! and a 48 or 55" would just be more canvus to do an awesome paint scheme on!! and to light it up would awesome too!!! i hope to have a few more DW planes going by Joe Nall next year so i can have tons of fun on the electric flight line!! i want to do one with lights so i can have fun at night too!!!

Mikey
Old Oct 21, 2011, 07:49 PM
Gig Harbor, WA.
Joined Jul 2010
159 Posts
With all you guys going bigger. I am thinking about something smaller. but can still go outside at times and still small enough to fly indoors. Thinking about an EPP like a 31" Twisted Hobbies Vector type model. Or staying with a smaller DW. I just need something a bit bulletproof on this model to learn on. Better to break it up from an attack of dumb thumbs than my DW! In this way, I can get some stick time over the winter months. I have a Pheonix Sim, to me it is some help, but can get really boring!

Any recomendations?
Chris Arena is offline Find More Posts by Chris Arena
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:29 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,930 Posts
Painting is my biggest concern with my new extra. I use to be an art major 40 years ago and wish I knew how to use an airbrush. I want a nice look but I'm sure a brush won't cut it, maybe a rattle can job?

Blu
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:47 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmikeyreturns View Post

Mikey
i asked Mike the same question. He said the 48" is his favorite size and retains all the floatyness of the 55 but is more agile and 3D oriented. I also already have servos for the 48 size where as i would have to buy new ones for the 55. That and the 2200 3S batteries for the 48" are far more affordable and usable across a wide range of applications in this hobby. Still though, a 55 would make a nice night flier setup with LEDs

Poiyt: it's only a matter of time before i get a 48". Just not sure if i want another juka or maybe try the extra 300.

Blue - I only use a rattle can spray paint. My painting sucks though, so I do trim only on the leading edges and sides of the fuse. I like to keep it simple. I wish i could airbrush like some of the guys here.
Last edited by DenverJayhawk; Oct 21, 2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:52 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Arena View Post
With all you guys going bigger. I am thinking about something smaller. but can still go outside at times and still small enough to fly indoors. Thinking about an EPP like a 31" Twisted Hobbies Vector type model. Or staying with a smaller DW. I just need something a bit bulletproof on this model to learn on. Better to break it up from an attack of dumb thumbs than my DW! In this way, I can get some stick time over the winter months. I have a Pheonix Sim, to me it is some help, but can get really boring!

Any recomendations?
Highly recommend a DW Fusion 40". You won't regret it. Durable but still flies like a crisp 33% model. I can't tell you how abused mine was and it was still flying like a champ when i sold it.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:55 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,930 Posts
You would think that with 7 planes and 3 heli's another plane would be no big deal! But I'm nervous already and I just ordered the darn thing .

Blu
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:04 PM
Gig Harbor, WA.
Joined Jul 2010
159 Posts
OOP's I already own a 40" DW Extra all 9mm. Just want to build a 2nd smaller ship. Not sure if it sould be a 28" DW Extra or a Twisted Hobbies 31" EPP Vector as a 3D trainer for indoors and back yard.

Any recommendations.
Chris Arena is offline Find More Posts by Chris Arena
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:39 PM
Joined Feb 2011
186 Posts
for indoor or backyard flying i think u might like the 34" kits. they use the same gear as a 5 or 6 ounce indoor model. i havn't got myslef one yet but looking to, i've heard they fly great!!!

Mikey