HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Which DW do/have you own/owned?
DW 28" kit 61 10.48%
DW SKUA 28 4.81%
DW 38" kit 173 29.73%
DW 48" kit 154 26.46%
DW 55" kit 70 12.03%
DW Pylon Racer 9 1.55%
Never owned one 208 35.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 582. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 02, 2010, 12:19 AM
Team DW Foamies (Snap)
Cali
Joined Jun 2008
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeruth View Post
check out this Thread Joe!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1191364

It's worth the read, especialy the last 10 pages.
That was as exhausting as the release of the DX7
Joethefloorman is offline Find More Posts by Joethefloorman
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2010, 12:37 AM
Joined Sep 2010
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmrpm View Post
If it went in to horizon, they are usually pretty quick and I would say finish the build and wait for the DX6I. So you can set up proper rates, end points and expo. You would also not need to use a "Y" harness. Left Aileron will go into Aux 1 port.
Due to your last post I thought the eflite tx would do the job since I am so new and don't need anything fancy until the dx6i was back so I just called my buddy and he was contacted by Horizon yesterday and he forgot to call me apparently. Anyways they want 100 to fix it. Think I should get it fixed or just buy something different? Not looking to spend a ton of money what would be a TX that will do EPA and expo that dosent break the bank? What are you guys using? Again sorry for any dumb questions I just want to do this right.
B.RICHARDS is offline Find More Posts by B.RICHARDS
Last edited by B.RICHARDS; Oct 02, 2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2010, 06:43 AM
I'm going flying..........
Ramona,CA
Joined Feb 2008
648 Posts
I'll PM you to keep this off the DW thread.
rpmrpm is offline Find More Posts by rpmrpm
Old Oct 02, 2010, 10:51 AM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
20,936 Posts
Get that Dx6i fixed.

I think we might have some clear skies to go out and do some more trimming on my 48" today...
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Oct 02, 2010, 04:23 PM
The "Foaminator"
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2007
2,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joethefloorman View Post
That was as exhausting as the release of the DX7
Nods but I thought you might want to see what has been happening, to make the best choice.
mikeruth is offline Find More Posts by mikeruth
Old Oct 02, 2010, 10:56 PM
I'm going flying..........
Ramona,CA
Joined Feb 2008
648 Posts
The best choice is never his entention. It's what he wants and when he wants it.
rpmrpm is offline Find More Posts by rpmrpm
Old Oct 03, 2010, 08:05 PM
Team DW Foamies (Snap)
Cali
Joined Jun 2008
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeruth View Post
Nods but I thought you might want to see what has been happening, to make the best choice.
I have the JR 12X, DX7,EVO12,9Cap,and now a DX8. whoops sold the EVO,and Futaba. No more 72mhz.

The DX 8 worked flawlessly. I did not update it nor have I registered it. I did read the manual cover to cover. It is a very easy radio to operate. Its light and very comfortable in my hands. I ran Several mixes and went through all the trim settings without any problems. Plane setup was a breeze. Binding was simple, adjusting the controls to suit my needs was very easy. There were two things that anyone buying the radio needs to check, the first is setting the servo resolution for digital or analog. This is explained well in the manual,and can cause issues with the trim setting if not properly adjusted ,or if you are mixing digital servos with analog sevos(not reccomended). The second is the radio is not compliant with the old AR6000 recievers(Way out of date) These recievers were released with the original DX6 and should be recycled to spectrum.

As with any radio, 99% of the problems in these threads can be attributed to user error. An no one seems to want to admit to a mistake(most of all me) It is the same with foamies , almost every time someone tells me about a problem there foamie is having it's almost always in the build.

I wouldn't let any one on these forums influence you one way or another, some people are here to help,and some are here to complain an trying to figure out who to listen to is like looking for a four leaf clover.

As the DX8 is my new foamie radio I would reccomend it to anyone,and hope to get years of enjoyment out of it.
Old Oct 03, 2010, 08:25 PM
Team Extreme!
Wa, state
Joined Oct 2009
1,166 Posts
That is a lot of radio's Joe... Wow! I have 1 radio for all my planes. (JR X9503) That DX-8 sure looks nice though I used to have the 7.
michaelJH is offline Find More Posts by michaelJH
Old Oct 04, 2010, 09:18 PM
Team DW Foamies (Snap)
Cali
Joined Jun 2008
282 Posts
Yeah, I couldn't hack 72mhz at all. Then I outgrew the DX7 was looking for a couple more options for my 40% ,so I gave it to my kid with a Vapor. The 12x is a great radio,just had some irritating battery issues.(Four different brands of batteries in 14mo.) Oh, and it weighed more than all three redios combined!lol I realy like the feel of the DX 8 ,but I'm still adjusting the sticks a bit.

Ps . I saw your vid..Tight!
Old Oct 04, 2010, 11:46 PM
Joined Sep 2010
41 Posts
Do you guys lock tight the push rod easy connectors and leave them a hair lookse so they travel freely? Is there a trick I'm missing?
Old Oct 05, 2010, 12:10 AM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
20,936 Posts
I usually put a very small drop of CA on the nut after I've got it to the right tightness. Loctite works just as well too, but CA is the fastest method
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Oct 05, 2010, 12:28 AM
Team DW Foamies (Snap)
Cali
Joined Jun 2008
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.RICHARDS View Post
Do you guys lock tight the push rod easy connectors and leave them a hair lookse so they travel freely? Is there a trick I'm missing?
The easiest way to do these links is to put a small piece of tape down and then a single drop of ca on the tape . Put the link together make sure it turns freely ,but is not sloppy.now dip the tip of the link at the nut to the droplet of ca on the tape ,this will control wear the ca goes. Now pull the link straight up making sure that you don't tilt the link and hit it with spray accelerant.

You can use locktite ,but I would recommend using locktite stik, it is like chap stick,regular locktite can run up into the link and jamb it up when it drys.

I finished a vid of this tonight and will have it posted tomorrow evening pacific time.
Old Oct 05, 2010, 09:26 AM
The "Foaminator"
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2007
2,166 Posts
USing locktite on the EZ connectors for me works great.
My method is to set the connector as I want and then I put a small drop on a straight pin and apply it to the exposed threads on the connector. Never had one come loose and I have always been able to take one apart with out breaking it.

I'm sure those who use CA are happy to, but of the few planes that i had to remove the nut that had CA applied (I didn;t apply it) When trying to get the nut off the studd broke.
mikeruth is offline Find More Posts by mikeruth
Old Oct 05, 2010, 10:10 AM
Team Extreme!
Wa, state
Joined Oct 2009
1,166 Posts
I use Locktite as well but have tryed CA and both work fine. Just personal prefrence. <Locktite does take a little longer
michaelJH is offline Find More Posts by michaelJH
Old Oct 05, 2010, 11:58 AM
Joined Sep 2010
41 Posts
Great info thanks a ton guys!!!! Joe I cant wait for your next vid!!!! I have watched them all and all have helped in my build!!! Thanks again everyone!!!