SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Roswalt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 06, 2010, 11:47 AM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
929 Posts
Trader Rating: 94
Found
Robbed, Wanted: PZ P-51D and/or Blade MSR

Our car was robbed over the holidays, right in my father-in-law's driveway... Ridiculous sign of the times. I guess I'm spoiled by living on an Air Force base where everybody has a security clearance of some kind, and expertly-trained Security Forces guys are running around at all hours of the night with M4's and 24/7 deadly force authority - So this is my first experience with vehicle burglary, and I don't think I'm a fan.

There wasn't any real damage though, just a several items taken, among which was the Parkzone P-51 Ultra-Micro Mustang we were going to fly together. I loved that plane, it flew almost anywhere and looked cool doing it. So, I'm looking for a replacement if there is any out there so we can avoid paying double for everything. I'd prefer the RTF trim, but BNF would be awesome as well.

Again, if there is anyone out there with a P-51 or a Blade MSR that they don't want or need anymore, please contact me with your asking price and hopefully it will mesh with my budget and we can strike a deal. Otherwise, I'll just bite the bullet and purchase new stuff from horizon online since we just got back home and Columbus AFB doesn't have an LHS within 100 miles. Figured it was worth a shot to ask you guys!
Roswalt is online now Find More Posts by Roswalt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2010, 12:24 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Trader Rating: 44
If you do end up having to buy a new one online, www.airlandhobbies.com is usually $10-$15 under Horizon.

I'm almost positive you can find something here though.

Good luck!
-Kevin
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Jan 06, 2010, 12:56 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
929 Posts
Kevin,

Thanks for the good intel! I'll keep them in mind if nobody else comes through. Are they generally in stock though?
Old Jan 06, 2010, 01:00 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Trader Rating: 44
Yep. The only time I've ordered something, and its been out of stock, was my micro 4site pre-order, and that's because it hasn't been released yet!

Good luck!
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Jan 06, 2010, 01:13 PM
Owatonna MN 55060
Joined Sep 2005
1,945 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
Micro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswalt View Post
Our car was robbed over the holidays, right in my father-in-law's driveway... Ridiculous sign of the times. I guess I'm spoiled by living on an Air Force base where everybody has a security clearance of some kind, and expertly-trained Security Forces guys are running around at all hours of the night with M4's and 24/7 deadly force authority - So this is my first experience with vehicle burglary, and I don't think I'm a fan.

There wasn't any real damage though, just a several items taken, among which was the Parkzone P-51 Ultra-Micro Mustang we were going to fly together. I loved that plane, it flew almost anywhere and looked cool doing it. So, I'm looking for a replacement if there is any out there so we can avoid paying double for everything. I'd prefer the RTF trim, but BNF would be awesome as well.

Again, if there is anyone out there with a P-51 or a Blade MSR that they don't want or need anymore, please contact me with your asking price and hopefully it will mesh with my budget and we can strike a deal. Otherwise, I'll just bite the bullet and purchase new stuff from horizon online since we just got back home and Columbus AFB doesn't have an LHS within 100 miles. Figured it was worth a shot to ask you guys!
I've got a Cessna and Citabria RTF PZ Ultra-Micro that I don't fly since I got the Vapor. I'll give you either one of those or maybe trade with someone that has a P-51 Ultra-Micro they don't want.

I do not want to sell these airplanes. Please don't pm me about purchasing them.
Gohmer is offline Find More Posts by Gohmer
Last edited by Gohmer; Jan 06, 2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Added information. Second paragraph.
Old Jan 06, 2010, 01:19 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohmer View Post
I've got a Cessna and Citabria RTF PZ Ultra-Micro that I don't fly since I got the Vapor. I'll give you either one of those or maybe trade with someone that has a P-51 Ultra-Micro they don't want.
That's definitely something to think about, and I appreciate the offer very much. However, I really liked the PZ P-51 and would like to stick with what I had before if that's at all possible. I tried to find one at the two hobby shops in Amarillo before we left, but neither had any in stock because of the holiday rush.
Old Jan 06, 2010, 06:28 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
May want to file a claim with your auto carrier as well, sometimes the deductibles make it cost effective.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Jan 06, 2010, 08:13 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
May want to file a claim with your auto carrier as well, sometimes the deductibles make it cost effective.

Yeah, I had considered that too, but the deductible is $500 and the total value of the goods stolen was only around $400 when using the highest retail values. I think it would end up being a wash even in the best case, and it would possibly raise my rates. I just don't think it's worth it to file.

I was unarmed during my trip but believe me if it had happened here, I'd have waited for darkness, put a diamond necklace on the dash, turned the lights on, left the keys in the door and waited in the bushes with a gift for my local thieves when they arrive... That's southern justice. I really do feel bad for whoever did this though, you have to be in a really bad state of life to resort to crime like that, and from what I heard from the PD we got off easy that week. At least we only lost a GPS, some CDs and audio adapters along with some RC stuff. It could have been a lot worse.
Old Jan 07, 2010, 08:35 AM
Occupying RCG
United States, MS, Ocean Springs
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
pm sent
olthump is offline Find More Posts by olthump
Old Jan 07, 2010, 05:56 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
929 Posts
I really appreciate all the help so far. I've got the MSR, but am still without that P-51. I'm heading to Tuscaloosa this weekend, and I'm hoping I'll find a decent hobby shop there and pick one up. If anyone does have a mustang hanging around in decent shape, I'm still in the market. Thanks!
Old Jan 07, 2010, 06:15 PM
Occupying RCG
United States, MS, Ocean Springs
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Depending on the outcome of tonight's game, Tuscaloosa oughta be a pretty interesting place to be this wknd!
olthump is offline Find More Posts by olthump
Old Jan 07, 2010, 06:34 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
929 Posts
Haha, no kidding! I'm pulling for them - I'm a Texas Tech alum, and have long hated UT... But I'm no huge supporter of the SEC either, so it looks like I win either way!
Old Jan 09, 2010, 09:13 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
929 Posts
Alright, there is a great hobby shop owner in Tuscaloosa who cut me a deal on the P-51. All is well again! Thanks to everyone for your support.
Closed Thread