HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2010, 10:52 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
722 Posts
Discussion
1/8 th Racing at West Coast Raceway

Hello fellow RC bike enthusiast West Coast Raceway in La Mirada CA, welcomes us to start racing at their awesome track, on-road racing every Saturday of each month. The track opens for practice from 10:AM to 5:30PM, racing starts at 6:30PM here's the Link: http://www.westcoastrcraceway.com/Onroad_Track.aspx .

I DLAWW and the SoCal R/C Riders (Guidoracer, Akura2, 2000-redrider, Johnny Gyro, Slowsonb Bruce of 2wheelhobbies.com) and Stubbyphilips we also consider him one of us. The team is tentatively trying to meet on Sat 1/16/10 for racing we welcome all to come out and help get the bikes going up there. I welcome all to chime in and confirm for the 16th of this month, we will be deciding on this date soon. Here's a video of me at West Coast Raceway putting in some laps, thank you for your support.

DLAWW at West Coast Raceway running the GPV-1 (3 min 41 sec)
DLAWW is offline Find More Posts by DLAWW
Last edited by DLAWW; Jan 05, 2010 at 11:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2010, 11:45 AM
MM450 Perfectionist
The Woodlands, TX
Joined Dec 2009
242 Posts
man... too bad I live in TX... awesome stuff guys!!! I hope to get the same going here on my side...
rpedro is offline Find More Posts by rpedro
Old Jan 07, 2010, 11:56 AM
Lakewood, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,009 Posts
Has anyone gone during the week for practice? I was thinking of going on an off road racing night. I would think the on road track would have less traffic on those nights.
2000-redrider is offline Find More Posts by 2000-redrider
Old Jan 07, 2010, 03:15 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
722 Posts
I went during the week once and depending on the time the on road track was light with traffic. I still could get some time in but it was with one or two cars on the track. Early Sunday mornings it was no one there thats when I shot my video, you have to get there right when it opens. Larry you going to make it on the 16th.
Old Jan 07, 2010, 05:43 PM
Lakewood, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWW View Post
I went during the week once and depending on the time the on road track was light with traffic. I still could get some time in but it was with one or two cars on the track. Early Sunday mornings it was no one there thats when I shot my video, you have to get there right when it opens. Larry you going to make it on the 16th.
I went to the storage unit to see if I could find the box/es of my motorcycle stuff and had no luck. With all the junk we have in there I doubt I'll find it until we move everything out. It's looking like that's not going to happen for at least another couple of weeks.

I'm thinking I may just buy another one, so that I'll be able to join you guys on the 16th. I'll stop by for sure, it just a question of whether I'll have a bike to run, or not.
2000-redrider is offline Find More Posts by 2000-redrider
Old Jan 08, 2010, 07:42 AM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
the 1/8 scale suits that WCRC well. it's a bit cramped for 1/5.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:02 AM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
722 Posts
Hey guys who's coming this weekend, I was up at WSCRC Sunday and confirmed for this Sat 16-10. Man the GPV front rim brakes real easy. Crash back please get here in a hurry anyway can we get a role call and Eddie you need to be there also.

Me!
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:04 PM
Editor, RCCA
Chatsworth, CA
Joined Nov 2004
3,150 Posts
I'll be there!
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Jan 11, 2010, 01:43 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,290 Posts
Awesome! We can link your video to our other YouTube videos and start to help promote your race schedule.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Jan 11, 2010, 03:23 PM
Editor, RCCA
Chatsworth, CA
Joined Nov 2004
3,150 Posts
Eddie is probably going to be there. Talked to him today, and he's likely to practice at Camarillo this week.

I don't have time to practice this week, but I plan on getting to the track a couple of hours early.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:30 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
722 Posts
What time is everyone going to be up there, we're used to being at the track early and racing mid afternoon. Racing starts at 6:30pm here and we have to work out a practice plan with West Coast. When the cars are there its nonstop for them, so what time is everyone thinking of showing up?.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:14 PM
Editor, RCCA
Chatsworth, CA
Joined Nov 2004
3,150 Posts
About 3 for me.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:54 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,525 Posts
I might show up around then as well.... or a little later
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jan 15, 2010, 05:45 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,290 Posts
Please get this race on video!!!
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Jan 17, 2010, 04:55 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
722 Posts
Hello everyone yesterday(Sat 11/16/10) was great day of racing. Like my good friend Stubbyphilips always Say's " A bad day of racing beats a good day of working any day". The turnout was pretty good we had Lito(Guidoracer), jimmy(Akura2), Eddie(JohnnyGyro) and me(DLAWW). Larry DI(2000-redrider) was there also but he did not have a bike to run Larry always gives good competition. Thanks to West Coast Raceway for being very accommodating and providing a great venue for showcasing the bikes. There were two qualifiers and a A Main, all in all I think everyone did well for there first time on this track. I've put in a little more time at West Coast then everyone else so I did a little better. I know when everyone else gets there bikes sorted out and some more track time its going to be a very competitive venue. It doesn't take long for you guys to get up to speed. I think we accomplished what our goal was for the day, to have fun and to show people how the bikes can run. The crowd gathered around the track to watch and was very intrigued, one of the car guys commented that they don't draw that type of attention. We spoke with the owner of West Coast Raceway and they are primed and ready to have the bikes as a regular Class. I thank everyone for coming out, Video to come!