Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 05, 2010, 06:50 PM
tater salad
United States, IN, Mishawaka
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Question
can someone help me find information about this?

its an Ironman rc motor and thats all i know about it.

im wanting to know more about this! please help!
nick84 is offline Find More Posts by nick84
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2010, 07:55 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,360 Posts
What does it say on the end of the motor? Check the end opposite of the shaft by the solder leads. Does it say EPIC?
It looks like and older stock motor. The plastic tab on the can makes me think it has a fixed timing. I can't recall an Ironman motor company. It could be a local hobby shop brand that they handed out for a club race. I'm pretty sure that you could get a case of motors direct from the factory and put your own brush and springs combo on the motor put a label on it and "Bing" you have your own brand of motor.
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:14 AM
tater salad
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mredzadventure View Post
What does it say on the end of the motor? Check the end opposite of the shaft by the solder leads. Does it say EPIC?
It looks like and older stock motor. The plastic tab on the can makes me think it has a fixed timing. I can't recall an Ironman motor company. It could be a local hobby shop brand that they handed out for a club race. I'm pretty sure that you could get a case of motors direct from the factory and put your own brush and springs combo on the motor put a label on it and "Bing" you have your own brand of motor.
i believe this one says epic on it but if it doesnt say that it would say air supply like my other ones does.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:39 PM
Victory is mine! BLAST!!!
United States, IN, Plymouth
Joined Sep 2006
898 Posts
Ironman were around in the early 90's. I believe they only "made" 2 motors. One was a high torque and the other was a higher RPM motor. Both were 27 turn stock motors. I believe it should say Roar 91 on the end near the pinion shaft. I bough two of these when I saw them at the Hobby show in Chicago that year. Were great motors in their time.

I can't remember if they were Epic or Yokohama based motors though. Been a few years since then.
jettvolks is offline Find More Posts by jettvolks
Old Jan 13, 2010, 03:26 PM
tater salad
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettvolks View Post
Ironman were around in the early 90's. I believe they only "made" 2 motors. One was a high torque and the other was a higher RPM motor. Both were 27 turn stock motors. I believe it should say Roar 91 on the end near the pinion shaft. I bough two of these when I saw them at the Hobby show in Chicago that year. Were great motors in their time.

I can't remember if they were Epic or Yokohama based motors though. Been a few years since then.
it does say roar 91 on the near the shaft. what price did you buy them at?How can you tell the difference between the two types?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 07:26 PM
Victory is mine! BLAST!!!
United States, IN, Plymouth
Joined Sep 2006
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
it does say roar 91 on the near the shaft. what price did you buy them at?How can you tell the difference between the two types?

If I remember right they were about $20 new at the show. They were just trying to get their name out there.

I believe the only way to tell the difference was the labels were printed up in different colors. I cannot remember what the different colors versus which model they were though.
jettvolks is offline Find More Posts by jettvolks