SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 05, 2010, 07:40 PM
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2007
2,182 Posts
Help!
Tower SUper Saver Club

Bit the bullet, and signed up. They told me I should start receiving codes in a week or two.... after I paid for it of course!

Question: could someone pm or email me a copy of their latest super saver email? I was told that I can use those codes since I am now in the club, but she could not forward me the last email

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
la528it is offline Find More Posts by la528it
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2010, 08:00 PM
I feel the need for speed
St. Petersburg, FL
Joined Feb 2007
1,269 Posts
All of that can be accessed online after you sign into your account.
BaracW is offline Find More Posts by BaracW
Old Jan 05, 2010, 11:46 PM
Joined Dec 2007
2,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaracW View Post
All of that can be accessed online after you sign into your account.

Where on the site do I access that?
Old Jan 06, 2010, 05:18 AM
I feel the need for speed
St. Petersburg, FL
Joined Feb 2007
1,269 Posts
Here: http://www.towerhobbies.com/ssc.html
BaracW is offline Find More Posts by BaracW
Old Jan 07, 2010, 11:08 AM
Joined Dec 2007
2,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaracW View Post
Someone forwarded me the latest email, it is better than what is listed where you pointed me, but thank you for the heads up, I didn;t know about that page, and I appreciate your help!
Old Jan 07, 2010, 11:41 AM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,940 Posts
I signed up for it last year when a one-year membership was on sale for $9.99 -- I am going to ask for my money back (actually, store credit, as their guarantee states)...I have never saved any moola.

The only thing I did like was the free magazine subscription for a few months, but that was it -- I already get emails daily from them with the ridiculous "spend $300, get $10 off" coupons. None of the offers that were sent to me were any different than what I already get! I originally thought members got free shipping on all orders (I figured you have got to be paying $30 for something, right? ) -- then, after you sign up, they inform you it is only applicable on $150 orders! Oh well, it didn't work for me -- I hope others get good use out of the program.

Garret
Garret H is online now Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2010, 05:55 AM
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret H View Post
I signed up for it last year when a one-year membership was on sale for $9.99 -- I am going to ask for my money back (actually, store credit, as their guarantee states)...I have never saved any moola.

The only thing I did like was the free magazine subscription for a few months, but that was it -- I already get emails daily from them with the ridiculous "spend $300, get $10 off" coupons. None of the offers that were sent to me were any different than what I already get! I originally thought members got free shipping on all orders (I figured you have got to be paying $30 for something, right? ) -- then, after you sign up, they inform you it is only applicable on $150 orders! Oh well, it didn't work for me -- I hope others get good use out of the program.

Garret
i had it for the last 8 months or so. I saved plenty on shipping. What about the 60 off 300 ? is that something that you get only if you are a member ?. I think i only placed one order so far that didnt use the 60 off 300. Without it Tower prices arent that great.
starzen is offline Find More Posts by starzen
Old Jan 08, 2010, 10:10 AM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,940 Posts
Yeah, it works for some people, just not me I guess...

When I order from Tower, I usually do not spend huge amounts -- generally not more than $100. So, very few of the discount codes apply and I never qualify for free shipping!

I guess it just depends -- I know the club works great for a lot of people, but for those who make small orders, it doesn't save you much! Out of all of the years I have ever been receiving Tower's emails and catalogs, I think I have used one of their coupons! -- it was a $10 off $50. Then, I found out their shipping charge went up to $10.00 (even on rather small orders) -- basically, it just covered their outrageous shipping cost! They also claim that "members receive special discount offers" -- the "discount offers" don't seem to be any different that the emails I already get from them when not a member...and, they seem to be the same week after week!

Oh well, do whatever works -- I just wanted to place to complain a little.

Garret
Garret H is online now Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 10, 2010, 01:13 PM
Test Pilot, Stand Clear
USA, OH, Mt Vernon
Joined Mar 2007
1,374 Posts
Usually it's a bad idea to pay to get discounts. With Tower, if you know what you want and are planning to spend a few thousand that year, it's worth it. The thing I hate about Tower is say you pay extra for priority mail, then they wait 2 days to ship the order.
eatmydirt is offline Find More Posts by eatmydirt
Old Jan 10, 2010, 06:48 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,780 Posts
I only opted for it since it was $10 for the Club then free shipping, as opposed to $10 shipping. I do have a big purchase lined up that I'm looking forward to using the coupon for.
Bigster is online now Find More Posts by Bigster