HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2010, 10:09 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,506 Posts
Yeah Ralph, that fan is too big... better sell me the plane (the Fiorenze version too) so I can do it.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2010, 10:21 AM
United States, VA, Suffolk
Joined Nov 2007
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Really? Any contact info?

I have a George Miller T-38, which is a bit bigger than the Fiorenze version. The T-38 is my all time favorite aircraft.
Sent you a PM
jhaywood is offline Find More Posts by jhaywood
Old Jan 06, 2010, 10:53 AM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,934 Posts
T-38

many moons ago, Allen and Jim at Air Magic where working on a larger T-38 (about a fiorenze sized) Composite version, I wonder how far they got with it. I think I heard the wing mold had warped or something, but What about the Fuse etc? They also had a sport jet they bought from Dorian before he passed away, Starfire/Bandit looking thing.

Turbulence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaywood View Post
The Air Magic T-38 molds can be bought. A guy in California has them along with the F-15 molds.
CRCJA is offline Find More Posts by CRCJA
Old Jan 07, 2010, 10:16 AM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,934 Posts
Foremost Mods

So It started playing with the booms last night and it has servo pockets for standard size servos everywhere. I did notice that one of the two kits (I have not checked them both) already had some of the mods incorporated into it. I bought a No retract version for Turbine use and a regular (or retract version) for EDF.

Anyway, there is a former in the boom going up to the tail. I did not get a picture of it, but it looks like the one from the mods.

Turbulence
Old Apr 15, 2010, 05:33 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,934 Posts
And so it Begins

Well, I have excuses left. I kept telling Clay that until I went to 2.4 completely, I would just lay low. Since Tuesday was my B-day, I splurged on 2.4 receivers, boy did I over due it. Anyway, time to wipe off the dust and “Get R Done” well at least the Foremost before we can move on to the Top Gun F-15 and the T-38.

What makes this foremost different than all the others already built? Well since we are cheap, and bought the foremost and then the additional intakes from Richard at Airshow RC, we paid $180 for the plane and about $50 for the intakes.

First order of business was to cut out the Nose gear door and mount the retract mounts, nothing new there. I got the intakes and aligned them to be as high as possible inside the fuselage and then Used BV Zpoxy to glue them in place. In the corners where to lips are, I had to create a nice fillet since they do not hug or follow the fuselage perfectly. These intakes are the ones from the more expensive Venture that goes for about $740 or so.

Turbulence