HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2010, 05:35 AM
Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
Discussion
will Hyperion LBA10 work with Schulze isl 6-330

anyone know if the separate LBA10 balance unit from hyperion works with this older Schulze charger - my software is ok - version 8.51

i plan to use two of them for parallel pack charging...

cheers

bb
big bird is offline Find More Posts by big bird
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2010, 07:26 AM
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Aug 2002
350 Posts
works just fine, I have 2 sets of each.
JIM CALDWELLA is offline Find More Posts by JIM CALDWELLA
Old Jan 18, 2010, 06:51 AM
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bird View Post
anyone know if the separate LBA10 balance unit from hyperion works with this older Schulze charger - my software is ok - version 8.51

i plan to use two of them for parallel pack charging...

cheers

bb
Hello there, how are things?

This should work fine. As far as I know the stand-alone Hyperion balancers will work with any typical lipo charger. I've used the exact same combo of Schulze 330d isl6 and LBA10. No problems.

However if you don't have the balancers already it might be worth spending a little more and getting a new charger with built in balancing instead. I've just gotten an iCharger 106b+ to replace my Schulze - I've only used it a couple of times but I really like it so far. It's got lots of useful functionality like settable charge/discharge voltage limits, ability to cycle lipos, auto cell charge/discharge for storage, and lots of other stuff that'll get less use but might come in handy from time to time.

The integrated balancing function is much tidier and more convenient than a separate LBA10 and gives you more information and flexibility. Fewer cables and plugs in your charging area is also good especially if you're parallel charging.

My Schulze started worrying me a little. I noticed the two outputs were giving different voltage readings (~0.07V) for the same cells. I think it's something like 6 years old now and probably just needs re-calibration but I decided to get the iCharger instead of sending the Schulze in off for a service (can always do that later).

Aidan
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1
Last edited by Aio_1; Jan 18, 2010 at 07:00 AM.