HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2010, 07:02 PM
MFSmaniac
Joined Apr 2008
1,119 Posts
Discussion
E-Tech G105 gyro

I've never read anyone using it. I have one and it seems to be much better than my HB730 (G401B face variant). Not as hypersensitive but holds like a rock. Also the fact that the face with pots & switch resembles GY401, it just make me wonder if it's a true clone.

Anybody wants to try it?
mprasm is offline Find More Posts by mprasm
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2010, 11:44 PM
crashs come easy patience dont
USA, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Jan 2009
2,875 Posts
it very well could be a refurbushed gy401.
futaba has to do something with the return`s, why not fix them and resell them under another name.
send it to me, i`ll tell you if it`s the same or not, i`ll try it.
bad400 is offline Find More Posts by bad400
Old Jan 05, 2010, 02:04 AM
MFSmaniac
Joined Apr 2008
1,119 Posts
Sorry to give the wrong impression. I was thinking of those with 'experiment' budget like the G401B folks or those who are looking for value gyro. I wish I could sent it over, but one-way trip would already cost half of the gyro one and the G105 is my primary gyro. Sorry.
Old Jan 05, 2010, 10:51 AM
crashs come easy patience dont
USA, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Jan 2009
2,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprasm View Post
Sorry to give the wrong impression. I was thinking of those with 'experiment' budget like the G401B folks or those who are looking for value gyro. I wish I could sent it over, but one-way trip would already cost half of the gyro one and the G105 is my primary gyro. Sorry.
i honestly didnt think any different, i was just kidding around.

but that gyro is the only one out that has the pot`s, light, & dip switch`s in the exact location as the gy401. so i`ll still say it`s a refurbished gy401.
bad400 is offline Find More Posts by bad400
Old Mar 03, 2010, 08:16 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
842 Posts
E-Tech G105 Digital head lock gyro

I just received my gyro off Ebay and tried it in my Tarot450 Sports and Pro models. I paired it with an Inolabs HGD-201HB. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it held the tail in HH mode. The Xmhobbies 401B did not hold this well with this tail servo, but this gyro managed this tail servo superbly. I do sports flying with loops, rolls, inverted and reverse flying with some tictocs but did not notice any noticeable issue with the gyro at all. I would highly recommend this gyro for any beginner looking for affordable option.
cfrank2005 is offline Find More Posts by cfrank2005
Old Mar 03, 2010, 09:33 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Pot locations etc look good. Led looks a little higher on the ETech.
Easy way to check...open it up and see if it runs a piezo or smm gyro sensor.

Have read little bits a pieces here and there about this gyro...from memory someone replaced their 401B in the 401B thread and far preferred the ETech.

They also have an interesting 6g digi gyro.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Mar 04, 2010, 03:59 AM
MFSmaniac
Joined Apr 2008
1,119 Posts
I bought the G105 due to video below.
Proven true and very happy for the performance vs super price

Gyro Wars with Belt CP V2 (5 min 19 sec)
Old Jul 02, 2011, 01:47 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,464 Posts
More than a year on and the G105 is still on sale ...

I have 2 and both perform well. I do not propose it for serious 3D work - not that I am capable of anyway ! But for a beginner and likes of me - it's fine.

Starting out - you need a steady tail more than anything. I remember 'old days' of my FP Heli in 80's ... no gyro and lightening reflexes on rudder stick ! In those days Gyros were very poor and power hungry. Plus Heading Hold was an unheard of term ... it was all damping of tail with frequent landings to adjust the pot on the gyro.

Todays Tx gains, HH, etc. is a long long way from that ... and this G105 is a budget way to enter reasonably.

I have no commercial interest in this - just a happy user.
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Jul 02, 2011, 07:57 AM
MFSmaniac
Joined Apr 2008
1,119 Posts
G105 was great, before the cheap Assan MEMS is around. Soon enough the flybar will be gone. Probably in less than a year until a decent $50 FBL mems box is rampant (other than Walkera).
Last edited by mprasm; Jul 02, 2011 at 08:03 AM.