Seems that a dversity controller can be issued faster than an osd
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2010, 04:10 PM
Mums the word.
St.Augustine, FL
Joined Sep 2009
2,061 Posts
So when you say kit you mean but solders all pieces together to make a working unit?
man2000me is offline Find More Posts by man2000me
Old Jan 18, 2010, 04:20 PM
Joined May 2008
488 Posts
In fact its a single PCB will all pieces already soldered. There will be 8 connectors ( servo connector, and servo wire are included).
JohnyGab is offline Find More Posts by JohnyGab
Old Jan 18, 2010, 04:30 PM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyGab View Post
Only one Rx are needed, but, then its usless, but it will work with 1 to 4 rx connected.
Youre right, I could take it in steps. I could just grab this and a second set of RX/patch antenna and have a nice system already.

Quote:
In fact its a single PCB will all pieces already soldered. There will be 8 connectors ( servo connector, and servo wire are included).
Hmm im curious, why 8?
4x AV in, 1x AV out, 1x power, 2x ??
Freakazoid is offline Find More Posts by Freakazoid
Old Jan 18, 2010, 04:33 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,960 Posts
Guys, is it fair to hijack this thread that started as a free offer to the community to promote sales of others' product?
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 18, 2010, 04:38 PM
Joined May 2008
488 Posts
i talk about a component that will help somebody to build is own diversity controller. Whats the problem?
anyway, enough for me here I will start a new post when the product will be ready to sale an let this DIY product take is place.
By the way, its a really great idea to use the RSSI Pin of each receiver for those who want to do the mod.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 04:56 PM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,820 Posts
I say anything goes when you're "stickin it to the man".
The prices diversity are asking for their oracles seem a bit monopolized,
they could do with some stiff competition from the average radioshack joe to take em down a peg.
But thats just my opinion.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 05:00 PM
Joined May 2008
488 Posts
no, its normal that oracles is more expensive, because it switch both left and right audio chanel, and have a case designed for the diversity,...have Rca connector, and the duo diversity have Rx integrated. ...its not the same "kind" of things.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 05:04 PM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,820 Posts
Quote:
no, its normal that oracles is more expensive, because it switch both left and right audio chanel, and have a case designed for the diversity,...have Rca connector, and the duo diversity have Rx integrated. ...its not the same "kind" of things.
Well who wants to pay 150 bucks extra for a fancy box and your motor growling at you in stereo? Not me!

Just saying. :P
Old Jan 18, 2010, 07:07 PM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Nice coincidence...
Seems that a diversity controller can be issued faster than an osd
Yes. There's not much too a diversity controller. It's really simple which is why I built one for myself rather than forking out the $170 or whatever they cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Guys, is it fair to hijack this thread that started as a free offer to the community to promote sales of others' product?
If he posts his schematic, then I think it's all good If not, well, he should have started a new thread. This is about building your own OSD from free plans. HairEdo's project is certainly acceptable. I really hope it works out.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Old Jan 18, 2010, 07:46 PM
Mums the word.
St.Augustine, FL
Joined Sep 2009
2,061 Posts
I think it is okay too. Its available for others to build with plans, but for those that would fail in building it, his is "offering" to build for us for a price.
man2000me is offline Find More Posts by man2000me
Old Jan 19, 2010, 04:23 AM
Netherlands
Joined Feb 2004
442 Posts
Wow, really really great,

Waiting to order one
Remy is offline Find More Posts by Remy
Old Jan 19, 2010, 06:38 AM
Questionable judgement
Charles Town, WV
Joined Jan 2008
3,072 Posts
This looks like a really fun project. I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks.
bracky72 is offline Find More Posts by bracky72
Old Jan 19, 2010, 06:55 AM
East Hartford, CT
Joined Sep 2006
1,304 Posts
I think this is the right place to order via parts or pre-soldered parts. If you are a person who does not have good soldering skills or does not want to build the device there is now a perfectly good option to buy a more expensive pre-soldered PCB version. This thread is about providing a diversity controller for a great price whether you build you own from provided plans or you buy a prebuilt version.

Hats off to both of you for taking the time and effort to do this project and provide it to the rest of us.

Thank you very much.
wedge98 is offline Find More Posts by wedge98
Old Jan 19, 2010, 09:35 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,453 Posts
4 input design coming soon I'll post the design back on page #1 when I'm done with it.
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy