HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2010, 03:13 PM
Joined Jan 2010
15 Posts
hi Teckos, please can you schematize me your electronics installation.
fethi is offline Find More Posts by fethi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2010, 05:20 PM
Joined Jan 2009
483 Posts
There is really no need of a pic for my build as I m not using gyro but only my transmitter s mixes.
Basically, I have a V-tail mix on both the pitch servos (channels elevator & rudder) and then 2 custom mixes for the motors (channels throttle & aileron).

But if you re planning on using gyros (and that's the way to go imo) there was a discussion going on the other Avatar birotor thread.
Here's a pic: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=2949929
Teckos is offline Find More Posts by Teckos
Old Jan 17, 2010, 09:56 PM
Joined Aug 2007
3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckos View Post
Little update:
Looking good. Hope it works out for you and F@T.
RCvertt is offline Find More Posts by RCvertt
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:06 AM
Retardedly intelligent
beavercreek,ohio
Joined Jan 2007
3,806 Posts
Oh wow that looks awesome. Very nice
foam and tape is offline Find More Posts by foam and tape
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:27 AM
I even seen a house fly!
Montreal!
Joined Oct 2003
2,668 Posts
She's looking fantastic Teckos But did you not want to add a little "dihedral" as per the SA-2s in the film?

I've never much been one for RC helis beyond my little PicooZ's, but those SA-2s have really put the bug in me

Cheers,

K.
LedKitty is offline Find More Posts by LedKitty
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:28 AM
Joined Jan 2010
15 Posts
thank you very much teckos, but without the gyros how it is the stability of flight?
fethi is offline Find More Posts by fethi
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:05 AM
Retardedly intelligent
beavercreek,ohio
Joined Jan 2007
3,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fethi View Post
thank you very much teckos, but without the gyros how it is the stability of flight?
thats also one thing i'm worried about also. Mine was redicuously unstable without gyros.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 05:08 PM
Joined Apr 2009
90 Posts
Quote:
There is really no need of a pic for my build as I m not using gyro but only my transmitter s mixes.
Basically, I have a V-tail mix on both the pitch servos (channels elevator & rudder) and then 2 custom mixes for the motors (channels throttle & aileron).

But if you re planning on using gyros (and that's the way to go imo) there was a discussion going on the other Avatar birotor thread.
Here's a pic: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=2949929
I trhink im goinig the same way... see if i can sort it without gyros 1st... then see... will be useing a HK 450 chopper chassis and 2 EDF's... bit hard to concepualise the electrics in my head so will build it with extra mechanical axsis just in case i need them..

going to be very interesting because, hovering the EDFs one pivoting down and forward, while the other pivoting down and back ...will be rudder,,,,BUT..

once in (hopefully)high speed horizontal flight the same rudder input wil be aleron... scratch building 1 of these things is quite a challenge
kneekolaas is offline Find More Posts by kneekolaas
Old Jan 18, 2010, 08:39 PM
Joined Nov 2004
41 Posts
I recall from the movie that these gunships seem to have contrarotating blades situated within shrouds. I wonder if these have any benefits in the real world and how it would affect the opposed tilting steering mechanism employed in Gress Aerospace's Vader models.
amsci99 is offline Find More Posts by amsci99
Old Jan 18, 2010, 08:51 PM
Flying with the eagles
Eagle's nest
Joined Nov 2008
2,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsci99 View Post
I recall from the movie that these gunships seem to have contrarotating blades situated within shrouds. I wonder if these have any benefits in the real world and how it would affect the opposed tilting steering mechanism employed in Gress Aerospace's Vader models.
A pair of counter rotating on each side would cancel out the pitching moment due to dihedral motion. I guess would be reduced effectiveness for the lower prop due to the downwash.
etman is offline Find More Posts by etman
Old Jan 18, 2010, 08:53 PM
Flying with the eagles
Eagle's nest
Joined Nov 2008
2,121 Posts
Quote:
Little update:
Very nice Teckos. You took two heli rotors out?
etman is offline Find More Posts by etman
Old Jan 18, 2010, 09:07 PM
Joined Jan 2009
483 Posts
Thanks for your comments!

@Ledkitty: there is actually some dihedral, like 2-3 when it should have been 5 or 7 :/ So it's hardly noticable.

@Fethi & Foam and Tape: yeah it's gonna be a pain to tame it but I couldn't really afford to put 2-3 gyros in such a small model and especially with that kind of electronics.

Well, even if it doesn't flight well (or at all ) it will still be a cool display model

Anyway, now that I have almost completed the fuselage, I will build a test fuselage (a box with 2 carbon rod) so I can really try to fly it

The fuselage as shown weights 20 grams but it still lacks the skids, the stabs and a couple of details on the top (air intakes, exhausts...). So in the end, it should be close to 30g, which was what I was aiming for.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 09:17 PM
Joined Jan 2009
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etman View Post
Very nice Teckos. You took two heli rotors out?
Yeah, had 5G6 spares Still have one flying tho. But in the end, It only "cost" me two mainframes with the bearings, 1 main shaft I had to cut in two, and a couple of screws I lost in the process The motors are from my 4#3 and 4G3 that I don't fly that much because of the 4G6.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 09:23 PM
Retardedly intelligent
beavercreek,ohio
Joined Jan 2007
3,806 Posts
could the flybars still be attached to the rotors? if so, then you possibly won't need the gyros. Maybe exept just one for roll?