HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2010, 09:21 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,122 Posts
Well Rskip made it out this sunday, had a great time with the bikes and his over powered Revo. Good times, finally got to ride with someone.
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2010, 09:41 PM
Michigan, Tri City area
Joined Jun 2006
677 Posts
got a CC Mamba Max ESC friday, but hvnt had the chance to get it in yet. maybe later tonight or tomorrow. but will be riding Soon after its in.
Timmahh is offline Find More Posts by Timmahh
Old Apr 19, 2010, 01:03 AM
cape town
Joined Apr 2006
225 Posts
We had a car meet yesterday and I finally tested my front shocks and foam rear tire. You could see the front suspension working as it came around a corner. The foam tire was awesome. I would get it set up in a corner and then give it full throttle without any loss of grip even when the bike was still leaning. Now I need a foam front tire as well.
KermitGTT is offline Find More Posts by KermitGTT
Old Apr 19, 2010, 05:21 AM
madmax16117
USA, PA, Ellwood City
Joined Feb 2007
40 Posts
Where'd ya get a foam rear tire? Make it yourself? Be sure to let us know how long it wears. Performance is probably stellar if the compounds right.
michael cubbison is offline Find More Posts by michael cubbison
Old Apr 19, 2010, 01:11 PM
cape town
Joined Apr 2006
225 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1210057
KermitGTT is offline Find More Posts by KermitGTT
Old Apr 19, 2010, 03:44 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,299 Posts
Not yet but constantly thinking about it. Pretty soon i though.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Apr 19, 2010, 05:32 PM
Michigan, Tri City area
Joined Jun 2006
677 Posts
yes i did. Had a problem with my 3s LiFe pack i modded in, so i ended up putting it back to stock setup today and ran 2 packs thru it. the mod was a nice try, and would probably work out pretty well if i could get a couple packs made up and had them setup to easily swap out.

so its back to stock and rippign it up.
Timmahh is offline Find More Posts by Timmahh
Old May 18, 2010, 10:25 AM
Just an rc junkie
Surrey, BC, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
407 Posts
a short clip of the fm1e. bud was filming while riding a gas powered mountain bike
Rc bike wheelie (0 min 26 sec)
Pipeous is offline Find More Posts by Pipeous
Old Jun 01, 2010, 11:58 AM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,140 Posts
I took the retired Mac out sunday for the ISC speedrun in Santa Rosa,

I didn't break any records but had a somewhat successful day,

I got an 83mph pass running a street bike on 2cells and a 540 can.
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Old Jun 01, 2010, 02:14 PM
Editor, RCCA
Chatsworth, CA
Joined Nov 2004
3,150 Posts
That was an awesome run! I don't have it on video, but I do have some of the earlier runs that I'm going to post.

Let me say what you did a little bit louder:

Stubby did a verified 83.00 MPH run on a production bike with a 2S LiPo pack!!!

ISC Side Street Speed Meet, May 30, 2010 in Santa Rosa, CA

I would call it more than just "a successful day". As far as I'm concerned, you were the star of the event, my friend!

You rocked!!!!!
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Last edited by Guidoracer; Jun 01, 2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2010, 03:24 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbyphilips View Post
I took the retired Mac out sunday for the ISC speedrun in Santa Rosa,

I didn't break any records but had a somewhat successful day,

I got an 83mph pass running a street bike on 2cells and a 540 can.
ok stubby, that is pretty awesome..my only ?'s are, what size spur and pinion did you use.. what size sprockets also..oh yeah one more, was that a brushed motor? or did you use your mamba system on which motor (turns)..im not going to compete against you i just want to go 83 MPH too
dragbikebam is offline Find More Posts by dragbikebam
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPM 4 Stroke Nolan Farmer Bike
Old Jun 01, 2010, 04:06 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragbikebam View Post
ok stubby, that is pretty awesome..my only ?'s are, what size spur and pinion did you use.. what size sprockets also..oh yeah one more, was that a brushed motor? or did you use your mamba system on which motor (turns)..im not going to compete against you i just want to go 83 MPH too
I was using an Alleven spur adapter with 48p spur and pinion. 81t spur, 34tpinion. And an Alleven micro drive with a 10 and 28 sprockets. An Old first generation Mamba Max ESC and a 7700kv motor. Powered by a Venom 30c 7.4V 5000mah battery.

One note, it is all about the run-up.

Good Luck

One more note, Watch the temp on your ESC with gearing that tall. I desoldered the FETs and the heat-sink came off.
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Last edited by stubbyphilips; Jun 01, 2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:09 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,249 Posts
I managed to run the bike for maybe five 10-minute sessions this afternoon on my local FRT track!

But... with a difference! I installed a Trinity Pulse 6.5T sensored motor, "stolen" from my Losi XXXS/G TC, geared it a bit lower than the Nosram 13.5T and tried it with my Xerun 60A and 528Mod program. Since it was a cool day, I left the settings as they came from the internet and just hooked up some batteries and ran it!

So... the bike wheelied even when going 2/3rds of the 55m straight: Just close the throttle a bit and open it again and it would... tumble backwards! Wow!

All this without a front brake, and running on a (very!) used rear PMT200 tire... However, with careful modulation of the throttle, and practically never using full throttle in fear of wheelies (read: tumbles!), and lowering the brakes ATL to 35 (!) I managed to drop my lap time below 30 sec, something that I could not do with the 13.5T, no matter how high I would gear it and/or how carefully and fast I drove it.
For comparison, the fast TC mod guys do 22-23sec's per same lap on race day, and in my good days I do 23-25sec's with my Losi. While I was happily through my 3rd battery, a light drizzle started and made the track unbelievably slick! I mounted a new "wet" PMT200 and tried it in the slightly wet track but it was all slips and spills, so I just called it a day! I enclosed myself into my waterproofs, since I went there riding my real bike, and rode home!

And... how on earth did I manage to count my lap times?! Well... my old trusty FF3, recently running on 2.4Ghz module, has a timer that blips audibly every minute, after I set it up for 10 minute sessions. With the stock motor, I would hear the "next minute" blip right BEFORE completing two laps, everytime! Today, I could really do two full laps in a "minute" and have some corners to spare after each "second lap" would finish! Nice feeling!!!

Besides this crude lap counting system, since I always go to the track midweek, and not on the heavily trafficked weekend with nitro TC's and 1/8's populating it dangerously, I recently found another system I will try after my return from Czechia, and before the Worlds: Simply install a small program to one of my kids' laptops with a web camera and leave it on trackside in such a way that when the bike crossed the "finish line" in front of the camera, triggers a new lap! This was made by some French guys, who converted the Mini-Z program so it can take inputs from a web camera!!! Perfect for solitary lap counting!

One note on batteries... I was using some Turnigy non-hard case cells rated at 3000/40C, 3300/30C and 3600/30C. They all provided me with two full 10-minute sessions easily, each and they all charged to 2700-2750mah, afterwards! Not bad at all!

Hopefully, if it doesn't rain tomorrow, I will ride to the track again, this time with the 13.5T in the bike!

And a final note, on why the use of the 6.5T... Well, I had it so why not, is the obvious answer. The real answer is I wanted to see if I COULD handle its power. After all the debate about the use of a single handout stock motor and "fixed gearing" at the Worlds, I thought what the heck, I can simply run Superbikes: Just add a different (faster) motor! So I gave it a try, at first without a front brake, something I believe is quite hard and needs a VERY talented driver to do!

Which brings me to the cost of the whole thing: The organizers of the WC say the stock motor will cost around 45 euros. On the other hand, to make my KP09 a proper Superbike, I need a front brake, like the KP one, which at 40 pounds plus postage plus the cost of a decent miniservo is a quite substantial amount when added all together. There's also an Ezrun 60A/8.5T sensorless combo inside my son's Cyber 10 buggy, but I won't bother! Enough with superbikes for this time!

So, enough fun was had with the 6.5T! Tonight the 13.5T goes back in the bike and it stays stock, complete with added lead weight stickers, kindly donated from a Motorcycle Tyre shop, recently, when I bought new Bridgestones for my (real) BMW!

More practise runs tomorrow then!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Jun 24, 2010, 04:12 PM
Belgium
Joined Jun 2010
10 Posts
@ Steliosh : you have PM
SergeL is offline Find More Posts by SergeL
Old Jun 26, 2010, 05:36 PM
Guilford, Ct.
Joined Jan 2004
1,420 Posts