SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:38 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
A quiet, warm Sunday afternoon!
So Jason, my son, had this idea: Let's pack whatever charged batteries we've got and let's bash at the huge local parking lot!
So we did!
He brought his HPI Sprint 2 Flux and his baseball bat (remember, baseball is a completely unknown sport in Greece!).
I undug the Venom GPV1 from the dusty shelf, checked that the radio had charged batteries, of course took the KP09e for a spin and my HPI Sprint GTi with 17.5T motor...
We had huge fun for two hours! Jason even managed to shred a rear tire from his Sprint during some top speed runs! Then he drove the GPV1 (completely stock, with just a soft rear tire and a 1700/2S lipo).

Oh... notice at the 1.30 min. of the video that the GPV1 goes BACKWARDS! Well... we have changed the ESC to a Nosram mini, on which we cannot disable reverse!!!! It's funny!

Enjoy the video:

Sunday afternoon Bash! (2 min 54 sec)
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2010, 01:49 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
A quiet, warm Sunday afternoon!
So Jason, my son, had this idea: Let's pack whatever charged batteries we've got and let's bash at the huge local parking lot!
So we did!
He brought his HPI Sprint 2 Flux and his baseball bat (remember, baseball is a completely unknown sport in Greece!).
I undug the Venom GPV1 from the dusty shelf, checked that the radio had charged batteries, of course took the KP09e for a spin and my HPI Sprint GTi with 17.5T motor...
We had huge fun for two hours! Jason even managed to shred a rear tire from his Sprint during some top speed runs! Then he drove the GPV1 (completely stock, with just a soft rear tire and a 1700/2S lipo).

Oh... notice at the 1.30 min. of the video that the GPV1 goes BACKWARDS! Well... we have changed the ESC to a Nosram mini, on which we cannot disable reverse!!!! It's funny!

Enjoy the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWziJurY010
Wont play for me
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Mar 21, 2010, 02:06 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
I sent it an hour (hmmm... more than that) ago... and it's still "processing"... I don't know what happened..
Old Mar 21, 2010, 03:51 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,166 Posts
Akura2, 2000-redrider, DarkMetal and I raced our 1:5 bikes today and yesterday at RCX. Redrider came in 1st, followed by me, then DarkMetal, then Akura2 (broken). 5-min qualifiers, 10-min Main. Great racing, guys!
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Mar 21, 2010, 03:58 PM
Michigan, Tri City area
Joined Jun 2006
677 Posts
nice. still down with a broken shock. should have one here in a couple days.
Timmahh is offline Find More Posts by Timmahh
Old Mar 21, 2010, 04:38 PM
Joined Nov 2009
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
Akura2, 2000-redrider, DarkMetal and I raced our 1:5 bikes today and yesterday at RCX. Redrider came in 1st, followed by me, then DarkMetal, then Akura2 (broken). 5-min qualifiers, 10-min Main. Great racing, guys!
That's great, where can I see the race schedule? I think your the closest organized bike racing I know. ( I live in the Caribbean)

Got to run my ZH yesterday out front of my parents house. There is little traffic in front of their house. The bike is really stable, and handles well. Working on my controller settings so the bike has slow start-up but fast enough to overcome the cogging at start-up. I have no quarrrels of the speed-controller as I have only had troubles at start-up, just got to fine tune things. I'm at that stage I guess right now. Getting the controls consistent enough so that I can start pushing the bike and my abilities little by little.

Love this little bike though. Really sweet bike.

Motonovice
motonovice is offline Find More Posts by motonovice
Old Mar 21, 2010, 04:50 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
I have one of the first oto bikes to come to the UK, it has an Align helicopter motor and has no coging at all, my friend bought a later one but came with a higher kv motor, (dont know what it was) but it was never as smooth as mine.
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Mar 21, 2010, 06:29 PM
Joined Nov 2009
126 Posts
Yeah, it's only at start-up though, once I get better that will be less and less an issue as start-ups will be fewer and further between

MN
motonovice is offline Find More Posts by motonovice
Old Mar 21, 2010, 07:51 PM
Indy
Joined Dec 2006
139 Posts
Took my TTE out today for the first run of spring, after having modified the crash bar placement, lowered the upper frame 8mm, and putting a grub screw in the ends of the forks, I'd like to report the bike was great...if only my servo hadn't deep-fried itself within about 3 seconds.

Alas, no biking for me today. Will try again tomorrow with a different servo.
BadSign is offline Find More Posts by BadSign
Old Mar 22, 2010, 07:16 AM
Just an rc junkie
Surrey, BC, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
407 Posts
I've been running my fm1e mostly. 6900 kv motor is silly fast. had to turn the timing and punch control down. TTn runs good, had it out a short while back. still waiting for a one way for the dx though should be here any day now
Pipeous is offline Find More Posts by Pipeous
Old Mar 22, 2010, 01:57 PM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,724 Posts
Hmpfh!

Ran my GPV-1 for three months with the original steering stem without problems with a 7400 kV motor and front brake kit.
Broke the stem last week, and today made the first run with a new stem, only to break it within two minutes without hitting anything. The crash resulting from a headshake was sufficient to break it.

Damn!

I don't mind breaking things occasionally, but NOT within a couple of minutes and without a reasonable cause....

Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is offline Find More Posts by Brutus1967
Old Mar 22, 2010, 04:20 PM
Just an rc junkie
Surrey, BC, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
407 Posts
man I flipped my ttr doing a wheely at about 40mph and it carthweeled and flipped, rider flew off and about 20 feet into the air. landed and looked like a real mangled rider. only my glued in steering servo came loose and rear wheel moved forward

my one ways and metal gears arrived today for the dx450 ... oh happy days
Pipeous is offline Find More Posts by Pipeous
Old Mar 22, 2010, 04:39 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,652 Posts
Well we raced at the RCX (RC Expo) this past weekend... and in all three qualifiers the pinion came loose on my bike... twice where it wasn't in contact with the Spur.. and once the pinion chewed my spur gear up... after borrowing a pinion form Guidoracer, i prepped for the main... and when the "launcher" pushed my bike, he pushed it into the boards which tore off my crashbar and its mount... and I couldn't get it fixed in time to re-join the race....
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Mar 22, 2010, 06:02 PM
Joined Dec 2009
226 Posts
sounds like bad luck you had no luck
jimkidmotors is offline Find More Posts by jimkidmotors
Old Mar 23, 2010, 01:54 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
Once again, this afternoon, two hours at the same huge car park: Two batteries ran through the KP, one 1700 2S lipo on the Venom, and a LOT of top speed runs with our Sprints!
Also... we resurrected from the dusty shelf my first ever rc vehicle, the Marui Toyota Land Cruiser. What fun can one have on a Mabucchi 540 motor?! I tell you lots! the thing wheelies and keeps the wheelie for at least 20-30 meters! Huge fun!

We definitely need to convert both the bikes though to brushless! I was thinking of the HW 7400 combo for the GPV1 (just to add... spice!) and the Nosram 13.5T/HW60A with SP Supercharger software for the KP09, in preparation for the worlds... We shall see!

Next Sunday is our RCGT race on our huge 1/5 track, it's heats being mixed with the 1/5LS Champs', so maybe I will run the KP as well, in the mix!