SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 04, 2010, 04:42 PM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
I tested the new road bike from Anderson the other day, can't say much, but it was fun!

Also ran my 'Stock' venom GPV-1, and Superbike KP10e review bike, pulled a few massive power wheelies out of medium corners and put a smile back on my face that has been missing all winter! Roll on the new season!
Dez82 is offline Find More Posts by Dez82
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2010, 05:20 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,168 Posts
Sounds like you had a good time, Dez.

And thanks again for the emergency help you gave me this morning (for me) from the other side of the World. Technology rocks!!!

Lito
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Mar 04, 2010, 05:56 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,655 Posts
I didn't "use" my bike today. but I DID put my new crashbar mounts and steering slider on my OTO while here at work.... shhh... don't tell the wife
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Mar 05, 2010, 02:26 AM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
Sounds like you had a good time, Dez.

And thanks again for the emergency help you gave me this morning (for me) from the other side of the World. Technology rocks!!!

Lito
Any time Lito, anytime.
Dez82 is offline Find More Posts by Dez82
Old Mar 05, 2010, 03:45 AM
Joined Apr 2007
469 Posts
Hi Dez,

Good to have you back!!....thought we'd lost you to F1!!
symon is offline Find More Posts by symon
Old Mar 05, 2010, 05:09 AM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,761 Posts
I did ride my bike yesterday. Finally found a very nice riding spot very close to home, and finally the weather was such that the asphalt was dry.
Finally had the opportunity to test the new radio (different brandname, but the same as the Venom VR3T 2.4 GHz) and its extended features

By the way, the delay on the throttle function is excellent, makes riding around with a 7400 kV motor really easy without sacrificing fun and performance. Drifting without losing the back is easy, and wheelies are still not really as controlled as in real MotoGP, but at least can be done no command, and unexpected cartwheeling out of control is history.

But the downside was that my riding location was bordered by a shallow ditch which was hidden from view by some bushes.

Anyone can guess what happened next: Bike decided to start a naval career and went submarine, and as a result I fried my ESC (everything else was suprisingly enough, still intact. Receiver, standard Venom servo's, all still working OK).

Found out unfortunately that the Tekin Mini Rage ESC are not availlable any more, and turned out to be way more expensive than what I paid for it Didn't expect that price!
So now I need another ESC. Going for a LRP 86500, which should be equal or better than the Tekin (AND WATERPROOF) but sets me back another 110 Euro's.

Damn!

Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is online now Find More Posts by Brutus1967
Old Mar 07, 2010, 07:16 AM
Joined Feb 2005
503 Posts
10 cm of snow

-11 C yesterday night... ... ...

NORTHGERMANY WEATHER
SUMO13 is offline Find More Posts by SUMO13
Old Mar 07, 2010, 04:35 PM
Joined Nov 2009
126 Posts
Raining today, so I thought I would finish working on the Ducati:

Put a OS CV15 motor in and a graphite chasis I bought on the forum w Nouva faor Tank mod. Got a DX3R radio been matching up w/ the GT and the Bike... getting ready for the electrics. (they're better for practicing close to home).

Got some pics today.
motonovice is offline Find More Posts by motonovice
Old Mar 07, 2010, 10:19 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Nov 2004
102 Posts
Almost!!!
Was at my brother's house working on a new exhaust for the Accord. Ran into issues that took away GPV time. Maybe this week.
derbi75 is offline Find More Posts by derbi75
Old Mar 08, 2010, 01:41 PM
Belgium
Joined Mar 2010
2 Posts
Had some fun with the Anderson m5 today ... This makes me wonna trade my 1:1 cbr for a supermotard ... better dont gonna let mr. Anderson take the beating

I'm running it with a 13.5T BL GM-setup on a 7.2 Nimh pack .... lipo's coming ! Was hoping you guys could give me some advice on the lipo's ... Loooking for a 30min runtime and lots of wheelies thinking of 3s about 4500mAh <---- these ok for long runtime ? not to heavy ? or should i take two 2500 mAh for better weight ?
Thnx for the help !

quick video i made of my sons run with it... hope you like it

m5 Anderson Brushless 13.5T (2 min 29 sec)
rcmaniak is offline Find More Posts by rcmaniak
Old Mar 10, 2010, 01:59 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Nov 2004
102 Posts
In about two hours and counting I will for the 1st time in 2010 GPV-1 with motor and pinion upgrade!!!!!
derbi75 is offline Find More Posts by derbi75
Old Mar 10, 2010, 05:33 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,655 Posts
Didn't ride today, but I DID upload two videos of the TT SB5 that we tested... running footage and a complete once-over
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Mar 11, 2010, 08:29 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
I managed to steal one hour from home duties (I was sent to the supermarket by Mrs Wife/Boss), so, I took the KP09 with me and ran it at my local empty parking lot.
Not having time to go to the local track, which is an hour's drive, I resorted to the local parking lot.
Changes? O yes, I mounted a Trinity Core 27t stock motor, which seems A LOT faster and gutsier than the Yokomo Pro Stock II 27T I had previously on the bike. I played with the D/R settings, and found that I at last can turn the bike on a dime, literally, having turned down the D/R at as low as 35-40%. I also experimented a bit with steering EXP, but I only managed to make the steering response veeeeeeeeery slow, so I turned it back to zero.
I also changed the FormbyModels steering linkage long springs to shorter ones from a set of Ofna's brake link, and this made the steering feel a bit better.

Other notes? Oh... the rear tire gets warm and it seems a little CA is in order... It started wobbling at top speed runs. Same for the front!

Last week I took the bike to the track and managed to run three 10-minute sessions. I also tested my new 2.4Ghz Corona module/receiver on my old (1988-89) Futaba T3UCP (aka FF3) stick radio. It has excellent range, at least I can see the bike on the other side of the track and has no glitch whatsoever. On the track I removed the steering damper (a vintage Kyosho Lazer ZXR front shock with 2-hole piston and 30wt oil), since there was no noticeable headshake.

I had installed a cheapo Hobbyking low profile servo that quit working after just one battery! So, I'm happily back to the normal-sized S3003.

I'm slowly getting ready for the '10 Worlds: I made a very good deal with my local Nosram importers, Fanatix, and I am getting a Nosram 13.5T (the one in the rules) plus a Matrix Evolution Spec Racing ESC, both at very very very good prices! I may also get other help from the guys there, like lipo sacks and various tools etc. I am already a good customer, running an HPI Baja at the local races, a Sprint GTI and a Sprint2 at our local RCGT races, both electrics shod with Nosram electronics.

Life is good, in the end, despite all the bad things happening in the Greek economy (and please let's not discuss THIS here!).

Next I have to find a pair of PMT tires, since this is what everyone prefers, it seems, plus I am running 4-year old GRP's right now. The soft rear one started showing its age.
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:17 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Porter Texas 3.15.2010

Ran a battery or two, the pollen is horrible right now. Tires were yellow after a few mintues. The 4-tec did well though. Bike still has many bugs to work out. but its faster and faster each time i go.

621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:28 PM
Michigan, Tri City area
Joined Jun 2006
677 Posts
got another pack run on the DX today. yesterday i ran and lost a couple axle bolts (one front and one rear) and the chain spacer from one side fo the rear and a spacer from one side of the front. lol not a great day. got home and installed the added spacers from the kit (0s, had .5s in but lost one, and the 1s are too tight yet, chain needs to stretch a little more) so im back on the Zeros. was doing good, until i lost the bottom rear shock spring pirch. should be able to find it in the front yard tomorrow, hopefully anyways.

dialed in the Expo on the steering today and started to get a better handle on steering.
im stoked as im getting thru that learning curve on steering a bike.
Timmahh is offline Find More Posts by Timmahh