HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:32 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Had some fun with the neighbours dog today.
http://youtu.be/0qXytiyJhAo
Cheeky dog he nearly got it a couple of times that makes me laugh is that the tenshock? it is hauling.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:37 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Cheeky dog he nearly got it a couple of times that makes me laugh is that the tenshock? it is hauling.
Yea he waits for it and then tries to get it , he's pretty good though.
Deegan or Vinnie haven't lost their heads lol. Yea that is the Tenshock, its great to get wound out, plenty of stick and insane speed.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:48 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Yea he waits for it and then tries to get it , he's pretty good though.
Deegan or Vinnie haven't lost their heads lol. Yea that is the Tenshock, its great to get wound out, plenty of stick and insane speed.
Nice, it is killing me waiting for my pinions i want to feel the power, hopefully tomorrow.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:53 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,626 Posts
Oh hope they turn up. Disregard my post on the MM forum if they are that close.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:46 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
Rainy day today, hmmm, rather damp, I took both the Stock SB-5 with me and the newest (13th!) member of my rc-bike family, the Mini-z! Ran both!
The SB-5, in the damp, with 6cm scratchbars was doing quite good with used (in the dry, since the Worlds, in August) PMT cut-slicks. We ran a new design of the track which is so much flowing, turning nicely from left to right and vice versa, that I loved it with the bike!
I ran the Miniz bike up and down the main straight (think Lostallo: 75m total!) and it was quite fast, but... at those speeds, it was wobbling its front a bit... (gyro turned full left both pots). I *think* that when at the far end of the straight the radio reception was at its limits, though!
In the TC race I did fairly well, finishing 10th overall, with my newly serviced T3/2011, and new 27R tires. We had one WET a-main, which was ran right after I had ran the bike for 15 minutes, and I came as far as 3rd overall in the wet. Practising with the bike does wonders for the TC driving! (I use the same radio for both TC and bike).
I think there will be a couple of vids and pics in the following days... I will post!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:31 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
Just a pic showed up, so far of my bikes! The Mini-Z on top of my Xray!!!
Thanks to my friends at www.rcdevil.gr
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:06 AM
Vzzznnnn...
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined Oct 2010
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
Just a pic showed up, so far of my bikes! The Mini-Z on top of my Xray!!!
Thanks to my friends at www.rcdevil.gr
Hehe...

@ next race, use double-side tape and run your TC with the bike on top.
Everybody will look at it, crash their cars or they run slower, and you will finish first
vegos is offline Find More Posts by vegos
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:55 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
The problem with my TC is that I often end up running with the wheels... pointing towards the clouds!!! It would be VERY bad for the bike!
Forget it! hahaha
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:28 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,626 Posts
Quote:
The problem with my TC is that I often end up running with the wheels... pointing towards the clouds!!! It would be VERY bad for the bike!
Forget it! hahaha
I have a solution steliosh, turn the bike upside down on the roof, then when you flip you can beat them on two wheels . Ha ha.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:38 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
yea yea, rub it in!!!!!!

hahahaha
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:51 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,626 Posts
Quote:
yea yea, rub it in!!!!!!

hahahaha
Lol
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:57 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
We had a scheduled electric off road race today, along with a 1/5 LS race, that would both run simultaneously at the adjacent tracks. However, rain posponed all races...
I had prepared my own e-Firestorm with a Nosram 13.5T motor, having my son's EFS Flux as backup for spares. The trucks never touched the ground, since the mud in the track was too deep...
How did I know?! Well, I braved enough and tried to drive the Anderson M5 through it, until the rear wheel just stopped turning...
I took it back at the pits, only to discover the mud had blocked the chain and the spur gear had lost two or three teeth in the process.
I tried to clean the bike with compressed air, then a toothbrush using running water didn't do much. I replaced the spur with a new one, removed the chain (everyone was amazed, of course, that it is a real chain with link etc, you know how it goes!), I washed the chain under the tap, the dried it with compressed air, cleaned the area around the chain with Simple Green, brushed it off, sprayed the chain with WD40, and ran the remaining battery in the very wet grass of the asphalt track. The bike came out impressively mud-free!
As for the Mini-z bike, I ran it a battery on the concrete floor behind the Timekeeping room, until the rain started flowing onto the floor as well, so we called it a day and packed!

A few seconds of mini-z video:

Mini-Z moto racer at FRT! (0 min 13 sec)

And a couple of pics:
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:24 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
We had two races running simultaneously today at my local track, FRT: One with 1/8 nitro buggies at the dirt track, and one with 1/5 LS cars at the asphalt track. The plan -which worked really nicely- was that in the interventions of the buggy heats, the LS cars would run, and everyone was happy!

And I was too, since I don't race either class!
Instead I took the Anderson, the mini-z moto and the SB-5.
I had a few friends from the electric TC class, there, who came to do some track testing and practising, and a couple of them asked to drive a bike!
So, I gave them the Anderson, which is definitely easier to drive and you don't mind if it gets into the grass around the asphalt. To the contrary, it makes it more... interesting! Gas it! Wheelie! O yeeea baby!
After some 10-12 minutes of bashing with a 4000/30C battery, suddenly the gyro stopped doing its job. Of course it was the OWB, so I duly replaced it with a new one and 15 minutes later we managed another two batteries on the Anderson!
I FORGOT to take pics and vid's, even though I had full camera support (read: hat camera and photocamera as usual!)
During the third battery (more than 20 minutes each), the radio was changing hands around, everyone having fun, and finally in my own hands, IT happened:
The rear shock disassembled itself and we lost the spring in the grass!!!!! So, no more Anderson fun!

Then it was me with the SB-5. During the 1/5 LS 20-minute sessions, I changed oils and springs to "winter" settings, ie softer springs and lighter oils front and rear, cleaned and oiled ALL the bike bearings (about one hour total) and the fresh SB-5 was in the track.
I managed to run 6 batteries, among the LS heats, doing fast laps, minimal crashes and rendering the rear tire slick, in the end! O yes, it WAS a PMT200 cut-slick once... In fact its one of the two we marked at the Worlds!!!
I started with 65mm scratchbars, went down to "worlds" 45mm ones, but it was difficult to resurrect the bike after a crash, not to mention the dreaded "front end tucking" at some fast turn exits, so I settled for 50mm crashbars: Nice lean angles and no "tucking"!
When I was already running 15-16 minutes in one battery, the LS cars started entering the track for practice laps, so I said, ok, enough, they will kill me... Interestingly enough only one was fast enough to catch me during a lap... They did have a better top speed in the 75m. main straight, but anywhere else I could easily out-accellerate them. The thing was not to crash right in front of a big car! That would be some problem!
Of course I drove the bike to the pits, despite their "pat-in-the-back" and gentle driving when they were around the bike.
So, yes, it was a nice day!
Mind batteries are fully charged, heading into a tough working week!

And.. for anyone interested in Greek 1/5 LS cars:

1/5 LS Race At FRT (6 min 17 sec)
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:04 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
Thelast electric TC race of the year, finished a good 6th among 14 racers...
Now, the bikes... Got the SB-5 and the miniz along, managed to run 2 batteries with the big bike!

TT SB-5 at FRT Track Stamata (0 min 40 sec)

It was sooooooooo cold (6*C with a strong north wind is cold for us southerners!)....
But despite the slippery conditions the bike ran well, we even had a friend take a few shots that I made into a small video!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:37 AM
United States, IN, Columbus
Joined Nov 2012
44 Posts
VMX 450 Chistmas day (3 min 38 sec)

Was out today and ran one pack on the bike. A lot of snow is coming so it may be a while before getting the bike back out.
razor_01 is offline Find More Posts by razor_01