HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2010, 05:02 PM
Joined Nov 2009
126 Posts
Wow, totally hooked with these bikes. Went to a secluded street today and rode both the TTn and the GPV-1. The TTn is running super smooth, can't believe the learning curve just improves exponentially. The GPV-1 needs some setting up, it was the maiden voyage of the bike new to me. I ran it with a Mamba 25 (called sidewinder now and 6000 kv Losi motor on 2s LiFe batteries) It ran super well but I have to tweek the speed control a bit as it had too much break and to little throttle punch. I need the sensitivity of the throttle to be similar for both the TTn and the GPv-1 in order to train the muscles in the finger the same

These things are soo addictive, like to see the run more than running the cars. Soon I'll be heading for the track, to start the learning curve all over at the track. Awsome though, totally awsome to look at and to drive.

Motonovice.
motonovice is offline Find More Posts by motonovice
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2010, 01:06 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,674 Posts
I went to our local indoor track (West Coast Rc Raceway) while they were having their offroad Supercross race and ran my GPV-1 bike for about 2 hours... I broke my bottom triples but I kept running it... my aluminum triples will be in my possession tomorrow, so it's kinda weird that I broke my plastic stockers tonight... the bike ran great until I broke the battery tray of my radio....
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Feb 01, 2010, 11:20 AM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
Yeah Boy!
Got to run the bikes both days this weekend. Ran the medium track on Sat and then we ran on the mini GP track yesterday. I'm lovin the Alleven V3 and the FPMFS26 is not so bad either. (if it is good enough for Zonzini)
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Old Feb 01, 2010, 12:58 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Used mine yesterday at GulfCoast Raceway, it was cold, and NOT one Person was on the track!!! Had it by myself all day. bent 4 fork legs and had the time of my life.

Rack was my lesson for the day for speed handling (thanks Dez!) but cornering changed alot. so i have to find a happy medium. front brakes are great, and the Abs on my M11 made a little difference for over shooting the corners with out low sides.

alloy rims are a must in my book (still waiting for makers ), and a crash back system of some sort would be greatly suggested (anyone have one for sale)?
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Feb 01, 2010, 01:06 PM
Joined Sep 2003
6,674 Posts
I was West Coast RC Raceway, and after an offroad demo with the ANderson/Duratrax bikes, we moved to the on-road track... but one of the guys that was there complained about our bikes being on the track with the touring cars, and told us that we would have controlled practice at the top of every hour... Needless to say we left promptly afterwards

I'm NOT waiting a whole hour to run my bike... and he didn't even call for controlled practice at the top of the next hour....meh
Last edited by Akura2; Feb 16, 2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2010, 03:19 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
I was West Coast RC Raceway, and after an offroad demo with the ANderson/Duratrax bikes, we moved to the on-road track... but one of the guys that was there complained about our bikes being on the track with the touring cars, and told us that we would have controlled practice at the top of every hour... Needless to say we left promptly afterwards

I'm NOT waiting a whole hour to fun my bike... and he didn't even call for controlled practice at the top of the next hour....meh
i was at the on road track on saturday while a race was going, only had a 15 minute window to run, kinda sucked but i did get hit twice during the races "brake". Thought these guys were supposed to know how to drive. Thats why people go on road right? off road is to rough.

someone needs to build a banked track in houston for motos!!! cars can run at the top of the month!
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Feb 08, 2010, 09:39 AM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
Patrick, Stuart and I were out running the dots yesterday. Had an awesome day of driving the bikes. Even busted out the GPV1s for a bit of fun at the end of the day.
Old Feb 08, 2010, 10:32 AM
Michigan, Tri City area
Joined Jun 2006
677 Posts
yes i did, ran it thru 2 to 3 inches of snow on the track we put in at my buddys house. was surprised, it did MUCH better than i expected it would.
Timmahh is offline Find More Posts by Timmahh
Old Feb 08, 2010, 01:18 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,303 Posts
Yes, I can finally write to this thread!
I took the KP09e out to a big empty parking lot with brand new asphalt and ran it about 4 batteries... That is... hmmm... almost 3 hours, including two times to search for the missing pinions (Come on! Don't laugh, it has happened to you, once, at least: Admit it!), and a few 10 minutes pauses to let the poor 27T brushed Yokomo motor cool down a bit.
I was trying different pinions, to be true, so I managed to lose (and find!) a couple of them...

Other than that, a couple of bolts unbolted themselves (I duly loctited them, after I found they were loose), one was on the front wheel, the other on the front chain sprocket. In fact I managed to run two (of maybe 7-8 total!) entire 7-minute sessions without a crash! I set a few cones I found at the end of the parking lot, (probably leftovers from when it was being built) and made a rahter tight track layout, with a couple of tight corners, almost 180* (by eye!), a long straight and a couple of chicanes, to test left-right-left.
I did try various things on the suspension, like droop, preload, front springs, tightening the steering rod springs etc etc. I even ran the stabiliser, but in the end I removed it, because it just didn't "feel right".

All this with four 3200/20c batteries, a DVM to monitor battery discharge (too bored to install my Novak LVC!) between heats. Thankfully the batteries would manage to run 2 and a half 7-minute sessions in the "track" before showing signs of starting to slow down.

The elecronics were simply basic: Futaba 2PL 27Mhz AM, S3003 servo, Yokomo Pro Stock II motor, Mtroniks Viper ESC.

And half an hour later, it started raining heavily...
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Feb 10, 2010, 01:03 PM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
it's 3:00AM. can't sleep. what to do?... do a shakedown run of my freshly completed 1/8 bike. otherwise i'll just have bad dreams about my radio trims and brake settings.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old Feb 10, 2010, 03:59 PM
Michigan, Tri City area
Joined Jun 2006
677 Posts
heh. we have 5 to 6 inches of fresh powerder. no running today.
Timmahh is offline Find More Posts by Timmahh
Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:04 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,303 Posts
A little sunshine today, 15-16*C... why not?!

KP09e r/c bike. (3 min 56 sec)
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Last edited by steliosh; Feb 15, 2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:05 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
Patrick and I did get out yesterday, Had a glorious day. The sun was shining bright and it felt like 70 F plus. We went through about 6 or 7 batteries each. I even got to run the FPM for a few tanks. That thing is a wicked little beasty but a hell of a lot of fun to drive.
I shot some video of Patrick putting a few laps in that I will try to post up tonight.
We kept thinking, man everybody is missing out on this action. Now that we have been running here for several months, the lot is really clean. And the best part is, we don't have to share the track with any stinking cars.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 01:49 PM
Joined Sep 2003
6,674 Posts
I touched mine a little last night and this morning while the wife wasn't looking.... felt REALLY good... can't wait to take it out tonight and show the guys at the track...

I'll have to add some oil so that the front goes up and down smoothly... I would hate to try to squeeze through a tight spot and not be able to control it...

I hate it when the front end goes all wobbly... even though that happens sometime when the rubber isn't on securely

Old Feb 18, 2010, 07:59 AM
Just an rc junkie
Surrey, BC, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
407 Posts
I've been toying with my old fm1e and stock motor. tires etc. ... even as slow as it is it was still fun. had it out a few times the last couple weeks. if I could find an lhs with os3 glow plugs I'd take the nitro out
Pipeous is offline Find More Posts by Pipeous