HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2011, 02:28 PM
Indy
Joined Dec 2006
139 Posts
Took my TT FM out today with a 10.5 Novak. Holy backflips, Batman! Maybe I'll drop it down to a 13.5.
BadSign is offline Find More Posts by BadSign
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2011, 04:00 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
639 Posts
Try to set your ESC to soft startup, or similar.

This should help a bit.
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Jul 14, 2011, 04:30 AM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Feb 2007
315 Posts
I have a 10.5 in my KP07,and have punch control set at about 50%, but you could be more gentle on the trigger
magnuts is offline Find More Posts by magnuts
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:07 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,262 Posts
Be very careful with the TT and "hot" motors! You might break your rear axle, if you have a single sided swingarm! Ask me how I know that it breaks it after 3-4 backflips!!!!!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:55 AM
Indy
Joined Dec 2006
139 Posts
I went ahead and swapped a 13.5 in it. I need some practice before my "non-linear" trigger finger tries that 10.5!
BadSign is offline Find More Posts by BadSign
Old Jul 24, 2011, 07:56 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
just got back took the gpv out today just fitted a kyosho racing tire on it and it went like a dream id say it improved the grip loads and also the wheel did not blow up on full throttle
still waiting for my ezrun motor to turn up for the fm1e
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Jul 24, 2011, 02:11 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,262 Posts
Having been a bit away from home, this week, on a family vacation, I came home this morning to find some good things at my doorstep: A Savox 1251 low profile servo (bought locally, support your LHS whenever you can) and the main chassis plates from www.rcdevil.de, in aluminum.
Of course I duly installed them all on the bike and rushed to my local parking lot to see if it runs straight!
First the servo: I mounted it with the addition of a couple of washers on top of the "fat" kit shims, so I could achieve the required 17mm height. Then, realizing its servo horn is in a different place than the ACE DS1015, I added a single o-ring to each steering shock, so I maintained the freeplay of the springs, that I had with the ACE.

Next it was time for the rcdevil aluminum chassis plates: These went well on the bike, but when I tried to install the front chassis plates, I realized the aluminum plates make the bike 1mm wider! Crap! The kit carbon plates are 2.5mm wide, the aluminum ones are 3mm and machined in various places but not THERE!!! I machined (read: dremelled for more than half an hour!) the kit spacers, eliminating 0.5mm from each, very carefully, and completed the bike.
I am now running a Xerun 60A, powering a Nosram Pure evo 17.5T motor, on 81/28 gearing, which seems appropriate for the track I am running these days (ok, next week!!!). I also weighed the bike... 1910 grams with my sort of plain and ultimately light monochrome paintjob, despite a few drops of that TsikuTsiku miracle glue (thanks, Willi!) to strengthen the body on the inside. Then, with my friend's new paintjob and still no glue, it weighs 1925!!! Time to try those light aluminum KP wheels, then!!!
For now, I used the ZHracing wheels and my "old" body.

First of all somehow the steering servo was reversed, so I turn right, and it turns LEFT! Oh my GOD! Ok, this was easy... a bit of sub trim and a little less trim and the bike tracked straight as an arrow. Having set the steering ATL and DR on the ACE servo, I left them as they were on the Savox. The bike was slamming the crashbars from side to side at the slightest move of the steering stick! Ooops! A bit of fiddling with these settings made the bike to turn qucikly and steadily!
And then the turbo program... Being 33C at 7 in the evening, I used just 10 steps of boost and 5 steps of turbo, with the motor timing set at 4 dots. The speed was impressive, but pickup from slow speeds was quite lazy... I turned the punch setting up two notches from 4, and it was all lovely again!
So, with this and that, I managed to run two full batteries in the parkinglot, making my own track layout around the car lanes with some (scary!) bricks I found leftover around there. Of course it was empty from cars! The motor came out about 50-52C every 5 minutes I took the bike to me, to check. It seems that even after removing the YR heatsink I had chopped and squeezed in there, but leaving the fan to blow some air on the motor, plus the aluminum chassis, kept the temps in control.
Will it be hotter in Lostallo?! I sincerely doubt it!
The rcdevil chassis raises the swing arm axle about 3.5mm, so I had to enlarge the slipper hole a bit. Handling-wise, I think it made the bike more eager to change direction at high speeds, while keeping the sliding rear wheel at check, when braking really hard, even when leaned to the point of almost touching the scratch bars!
A nice evening, nonetheless!

From tomorrow I will start visiting the track, though, since the parking lot is not representative of the bike's capability and it's not practising at all for me... It may be good for setting things, looking at the radio, clicking buttons and the bike just keeps going straight at half or no throttle in the middle of nowhere with no danger of hitting anything, but that's it. Since the temps are predicted to be from 36 to 40C this week, I will probably go to the track either as early as 7-8am in the morning, or after 6pm...

Oops.. a long post! Sorry!!!!
Old Jul 25, 2011, 02:23 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Not today but went to the parking lot yesterday. Put some new shoes on the TTN hang on rider.Handles GREAT! Holds it's line and i can really gas it through the turns. Really easy and a pleasure to run. Now i gotta work on some better braking.

Took out the custom nitro with the 2speed trans.That thing is just a missle! First gear i was able to just light the rear tire up for a good 2ft while the bike was moving forward.One time it hooked up good and almost flipped itself backwards.
I got the bike shifting gears so smooth that you can hardly hear it or tell. So even at a lean on power.When the gears change it doesn't upset the bike.
Though i like the gearing i did decide to go with a taller gearing.That way i should have to worry about the front wheel keep lifting off the ground.
I only ran for 2hrs because the sky looked like it was gonna poor down raining.Plus it was lightning a little bit it the back round while i was running.Didn't wanna press my luck to much.
HAD A GREAT DAY!
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Jul 25, 2011, 11:37 PM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
Having been...
Oops.. a long post! Sorry!!!!
Don't be sorry: Always happy to read your posts, Steliosh
lalain is offline Find More Posts by lalain
Old Jul 26, 2011, 05:31 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,262 Posts
back at the track, this morning! I actually "stole" the keys last night, before they closed shop, so I kept them during the night. I was at the track at 7.30 am, stayed there for 3 hours!
Temp was 26C, then grew slowly to 32C around 10.30, so after 5 batteries I just went home!
The SB5 drives itself actually, so I was moving the sticks slowly and watched it happily turn laps: 35-high to 37-lows, not bad at all.
I am in now way able to contest Edi with his number of cells driven, but this year alone on the SB5/17.5T, I must have driven some 200 batteries so far, so I m not that bad too!
At 10.45 I returned the keys and headed home.
Time to go to work now, to support this hobby of mine! haha!
Next round: Thursday early morning!
Old Jul 28, 2011, 09:04 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,707 Posts

Modified 1-12 Scale RC Motorcycles..mp4 (4 min 31 sec)
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:21 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
FREAKIN AWSOME!!!!
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Jul 28, 2011, 04:33 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
Quote:
I gotta double up on the frikkin awesome hit

I did take my DTX to the skatepark with me. I really didn't want say anything after I saw the Silverlit video. That is really cool. But I did have a blast with the DTX at the skatepark.

37.789442,-122.307041
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Last edited by stubbyphilips; Jul 28, 2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 04:57 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
and the award for best rc bike video goes to .............................
great video those bike rip mate eh
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:31 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,707 Posts
Cheers guy's , i thought i would try & get some close ups of the moving rider by putting my camera on the side of the track but i got a little too close but i need to use more zoom next time to get even closer & clearer shots.

I used my red duc with the 10250kv motor first & when i used the camel duc with the 8750kv it felt slow so im going to put a 10250kv in camel as well.

A video like that of your nitro hor (swheels) would look awesome, i really like that set up of yours & the nitro engines sound great in slow mo.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie