HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2010, 08:46 AM
Joined Nov 2009
127 Posts
Ran my bike this wknd. The TTN ran super smooth, the alleven forks are awsome as well as the micro drive. Still on my learning curve but I definitely improved by leaps and bounds. I still waiting to get some parts for my GPV1 to con't my learning curve. But I think I'll be hitting the track soon. I'm still not sure if the ride hieght and lean angles are correct. So next time I'll get the video camara to see if I can get some feedback from the pros on this board. I have no one that can help me w/ bikes over here.

Motonovice
motonovice is offline Find More Posts by motonovice
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:45 PM
MM450 Perfectionist
The Woodlands, TX
Joined Dec 2009
242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motonovice View Post
Ran my bike this wknd. The TTN ran super smooth, the alleven forks are awsome as well as the micro drive. Still on my learning curve but I definitely improved by leaps and bounds. I still waiting to get some parts for my GPV1 to con't my learning curve. But I think I'll be hitting the track soon. I'm still not sure if the ride hieght and lean angles are correct. So next time I'll get the video camara to see if I can get some feedback from the pros on this board. I have no one that can help me w/ bikes over here.

Motonovice
cool... can't wait to see them...
rpedro is offline Find More Posts by rpedro
Old Jan 12, 2010, 02:53 PM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
Haven't been able to run my bike in almost 2 months.. Winter here and the snow and cold don't mix well with the brushless Ducati... I tried it about 2 months ago and there was no grip with the GRP tires.. didn't want to trash the body or the bike.. It will be Trucks and Helicopters until spring...
cenracer1 is offline Find More Posts by cenracer1
Old Jan 12, 2010, 05:49 PM
scale microlights
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenracer1 View Post
Haven't been able to run my bike in almost 2 months.. Winter here and the snow and cold don't mix well with the brushless Ducati... I tried it about 2 months ago and there was no grip with the GRP tires.. didn't want to trash the body or the bike.. It will be Trucks and Helicopters until spring...
you need a anderson m5!

me and my mate have just been out with my anderson for the first time and there was snow and ice everywhere!
this thing had me and my mate gob smacked at how well it goes,
was plowing through the deep snow, picking itself up on ice! and drifting and sliding about all over the place!

i took my savage x quad with me aswell but that stayed in the boot of my car!
we came to the conclusion that this thing on a flat open carpark... even an icy carpark is pretty much uncrashable! go as fast as u can and hammer the brakes and it just comes towards u sideways to a controlled stop! nail the throttle out of a corner and it just slides sideways and takes off! short of hitting a kurb we just couldnt crash it!
no highsides or anything, which is a weird feeling after smoothly feeding in the power and brakes on the roadbikes to keep them rubberside down, these are the opposite and actually steer better when ur nailing the throttle and steering with the back wheel

awesome fun, anyone that hasnt got one of these bikes yet.. u dont know what ur missing! lol
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:15 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
I Know what you are saying, I just love this bike, its so easy to drive, on a good brushless set up, just lock that rear brake back it in then hammer the power and drift out sideways
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Last edited by steve bisco; Jan 12, 2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:20 PM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNEEBOY View Post
you need a anderson m5!

me and my mate have just been out with my anderson for the first time and there was snow and ice everywhere!
this thing had me and my mate gob smacked at how well it goes,
was plowing through the deep snow, picking itself up on ice! and drifting and sliding about all over the place!

i took my savage x quad with me aswell but that stayed in the boot of my car!
we came to the conclusion that this thing on a flat open carpark... even an icy carpark is pretty much uncrashable! go as fast as u can and hammer the brakes and it just comes towards u sideways to a controlled stop! nail the throttle out of a corner and it just slides sideways and takes off! short of hitting a kurb we just couldnt crash it!
no highsides or anything, which is a weird feeling after smoothly feeding in the power and brakes on the roadbikes to keep them rubberside down, these are the opposite and actually steer better when ur nailing the throttle and steering with the back wheel

awesome fun, anyone that hasnt got one of these bikes yet.. u dont know what ur missing! lol
we will see.. my friend and I were just talking about them the other day.. finances are tough this year,but we will see what happens.. I miss running the bikes.. trucks get booring after a while..
cenracer1 is offline Find More Posts by cenracer1
Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:22 AM
^_^
Geelong, Australia
Joined Mar 2007
12 Posts
ran my bike again tonight in a carpark up the road, no idea if there are other people in my town into rc bikes. Best thing about the car park, when it starts to get dark the lights come on!
xXJackXx is offline Find More Posts by xXJackXx
Old Jan 13, 2010, 07:18 PM
scale microlights
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,687 Posts
took the anderson out again tonight, its been snowing alot today and where the cars had driven was sheet ice.. as in u can barely walk on it!
the anderson and the savage quad took it all in their stride -although the quad did spin out a fair few times even though its 4wd!
the anderson handled it far better and when ever it did have to start off on ice it spun around a few times till the gyro had spooled up and then as if by magic popped up onto its wheels (even though its got pretty much zero grip!) incredible

the anderson was doing huge drifts round our 'track' and didnt spin out once even though we had the throttle pinned the whole way round!
it even did two wheel drifts and was COMPLETELY side on and still didnt fall! it defies physics!!!
ive got some video but it was pretty dark so it didnt come out very well.. (if people wanna see it tho ill put it up)
gonna get some more video the weekend if its still snowy,
people without one of these bikes need to see this to believe how well they handle these kinds of conditions,
before i got the anderson i honestly didnt think driving on ice on std tyres would be possible with a rc bike

sorry if im going on abit but i LOVE this bike
Old Jan 17, 2010, 01:12 PM
scale microlights
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,687 Posts
took the anderson down our local skate park today and did some huge jumps off the tabletop.. this bike is really controllable in the air!
i hit one jump a little too aggressively though and the bike landed on the backplates and snapped the one clean off and bent the other at a 90 degree angle!

gotta make a wheelie bar anyway so gonna redesign the backplates too
Old Jan 17, 2010, 05:24 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
used mine today, ran the rtr battery, just fit a thunder power 2100 7.4 20c in and stiffened all the suspension counting the steerign damper about to leave for another round.
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:35 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
found that the crash back system is a must, used up the one that comes with the CF race chassis kit on the first 3 minutes of the run, just put the RTR one back on to get back out there.

If there is a crash back system that is for sale and in stock please direct me there. I think i have check everywhere, let me know if you have one laying around i can buy, or someone that will bake one up in the oven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 621clay View Post
used mine today, ran the rtr battery, just fit a thunder power 2100 7.4 20c in and stiffened all the suspension counting the steerign damper about to leave for another round.
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Jan 19, 2010, 10:02 AM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 621clay View Post
found that the crash back system is a must, used up the one that comes with the CF race chassis kit on the first 3 minutes of the run, just put the RTR one back on to get back out there.

If there is a crash back system that is for sale and in stock please direct me there. I think i have check everywhere, let me know if you have one laying around i can buy, or someone that will bake one up in the oven.
Have you tried RC-Explosion for venom parts?
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Old Jan 19, 2010, 03:35 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbyphilips View Post
Have you tried RC-Explosion for venom parts?
Ok, Stubby is banned.

I think he is looking for a non-Venom crash back solution.

Bruce

P.S. Venom brand crash backs are in stock at this place too.
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Jan 19, 2010, 04:42 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb View Post
Ok, Stubby is banned.

I think he is looking for a non-Venom crash back solution.

Bruce

P.S. Venom brand crash backs are in stock at this place
too.
LOL oops
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Old Jan 19, 2010, 08:49 PM
Joined Jun 2004
247 Posts
raining here in az (very rare occurance) so took out the dx-450 and ran it in the park by my house ... first wet sand is the shizznit The dead grass and mud made the dx into a 1/5 th scale BLACKWATER 200 contestant in a real hurry wow lots of clean up but thats part of the fun seeing how nasty these bikes dish it out the roost off the rear tire was so cool .... well off to charge battery for tomorrows next run (still more rain maybe will get some video)
rhino131 is offline Find More Posts by rhino131