HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2011, 01:12 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
639 Posts
2nd race of the Season coming ahead this weekend - can't wait to hit the track!

http://www.mrc-fruehwirth.at/ueberun.../panorama.html

Some footage from last year's race:
http://www.rcmovie.de/video/58d7e744...2010-Klasse-15
Gartenzwerg is online now Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2011, 12:43 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,721 Posts
Garten, are you talking about the RC-Bike Onroad Cup? Good luck in 1/4 scale if so. Hey, ever find video from last race?
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old May 06, 2011, 01:01 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
639 Posts
Yes, 2nd Race of the RC-Bike Onroad Cup.

I'll take my ARm Bike with me, but main focus is on 1/5 Scale Superbike - need to get used to the SB5.
I plan to run the SuperMoto for 1 Battery tomorrow. If I like it, I'll race it.

Sorry, no Video of the first Race yet. I know Jena67 took some footage, but cutting Video and uploading it is always very time-consuming.
As soon as I find something, I'll post it!

BTW: My name is Bernhard, "Gartenzwerg" is just my Nickname on the Web
Gartenzwerg is online now Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Last edited by Gartenzwerg; May 06, 2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old May 06, 2011, 03:09 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
took my gp1 out today it ran well need the brake kit though now its running 5200kv had it up on one wheel a couple of times and some good wobbles when i opened up the throttle just needs a couple tweeks
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old May 06, 2011, 05:30 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,816 Posts
Deen sounds great, sent you a mail
Steve
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old May 08, 2011, 02:18 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
took the bike out today with little man had a blast until a dog tried to chase the bike had a slight crash and broke the back wheel was funny at the time dont think the dog owner saw the funny side ahahahah
put the soft rear wheel on after and was well surprised with the improvement in handling
Old May 08, 2011, 08:43 PM
México, SLP, San Luis Potosí
Joined Mar 2011
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
took the bike out today with little man had a blast until a dog tried to chase the bike had a slight crash and broke the back wheel was funny at the time dont think the dog owner saw the funny side ahahahah
put the soft rear wheel on after and was well surprised with the improvement in handling
Funny day Deen! I Was trying to run on a track but the paviment is not good for hard tires...
HECTOR2369 is offline Find More Posts by HECTOR2369
Old May 09, 2011, 09:26 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
HECK YEAH!!!! I ran my bike over the weekend and i gotta tell yeah.I ran for HOURS! only stopping to re-fuel or switch bikes. My little modded TTn did better but still fell way short of the performance of my scratch B bike. I still had a great time plus i also knew i still had work to do to the TTN.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old May 10, 2011, 02:15 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
got the sb5 out last night, went out at about 6 and came back at half 11! lol

had a great time with it! was handling real nice and was getting some good slides out of the last bend onto the straight,

i dont really mess with this bike at home, just charge the batterys and take it out!
shows how good the new designs are getting over the older fm1e's etc!
ive had some big crashes with this aswell and nothing brakes, apart from wheel spokes but they take alot of crashes before they finally snap

hoping the electrics arrive today for the anderson race so i can take that out, ill try and get some video
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
Old May 10, 2011, 07:34 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
took the gp out this morning for two hours only three crashes
went to local car park and laid down some markers for a make shift track
it was the best run so far was in a zen like state of mind every thing just fell into place my riding has improved ten fold in the last week
got both packs on charge so i can get out again later
will post some video tomorrow
Old May 10, 2011, 01:40 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,262 Posts
I also took my SB-5 to the local parking lot this afternoon, basically to test a lot of changes!
Forst of all, I made it VERY heavy: It tips the scales at 1905 grams, compared to 1670-1710 grams with front brake and heavier ESC!!! (Variations were due to different batteries). All this to comply with the 2011 RC Bike Worlds rules, along with a 17.5T Nosram (X11 equivalent) and a HW Xtreme Stock 60A ESC, on Gens ACE's latest (and heaviest!) 5000/50C batteries.
To make the bike heavy, I took advice from TT-Tom and added sheet of lead around the battery box. Then I added a few 5 and 10 gram. car-tyre self-sticking leads down low on the chassis and to the rear of the battery box. I am using a ZH-racing front aluminum wheel, a Ricou-Corps plastic rear wheel with aluminum hub and beadlocks, both shod with PMT200's and TT kit black inserts.
The front ride height is at 43mm, the rear at 50mm (battery box to the ground). Kit springs all round, 350 oil in steering shocks with AE dual red o-rings (thanks Torrance for the advice!), 3000 Xray oil in front shocks, 1000 Xray oil in rear (all oils are CPS-rated). Lean angle is measured at 61 to 61.5 deg. both sides. Front fork arms pos: Top 4, bottom 5. Front shocks pos 1, rear as kit, crashbars at 3 (rear).

So... how it goes?! It rips! It' absolutely fantastic, with the ACE DS1015 servo giving exactly the reaction I wish. I have set the ATV to around half, each side, and D/R at 100%. However, I noticed that it wont easily change direction at very high speeds, while it will turn literally on a dime, when asked, and transition from side to side very nicely without slip sliding around, even when using "wierd" throttle openings (ok, you've seen me! I drive like the old man I am!), at slow to med speeds.
It will drift at will, taking funny angles, WITHOUT crashing and keeping it OFF the crashbars!!!
I have one issue with not enough brakes from the ESC, but that's not really relevant with how the bike itself drives. I may have to recheck my ESC settings on that one.
I will also play a bit with front headstock angle, I guess, and also with the steering shocks' springs, next. But the real test will be in the next couple of days at my local Lostallo-like track!
In a nutshell, I loved the way the bike saves itself from my old fingers trying to ask it to do incredible things, which it tries and eventually does!!!
I am amazed! Honestly!
Big thanks to Torrance for designing this superb bike and to everyone who willingly shares setup info!

Stay Tuned!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old May 10, 2011, 02:08 PM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
i'm glad you like the bike steliosh. although to be honest during development i never tested the prototype anywhere over 1650g. i guess it was lucky that the bike also works well when loaded like a tank.

personally i still don't understand the logic behind the stock rules with all the additional weight. seems really silly to me but that's another topic (that i will avoid).
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old May 10, 2011, 02:29 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,262 Posts
I won't comment further on it, but since it's the rules, everyone has to comply by them.
I have ran the SB-5 in SBK form, with a 6.5T motor, front brake and good batteries and it was very swift, agile, and EASY to drive. However, when I took it to our huge track, where we also race mod TC's, it was really hard to drive, and it was not due to the bike's treats... It was simply too fast reacting for me to be comfortable with...
I had my reservations also, on how it would behave with all this weight, but it seems it does well! I will report from the track, next!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old May 10, 2011, 03:37 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
well just got back from another run in the car park with the gp was just as good as the run before was runnimg into to darkness with just street lights on was crazy
even ran the bike with out crash bars for about five mins until the back end went out powering to hard out of a turn i think i finally got the brake mix right for once the back wheel wasnt skipping about as much under brakes and also had the wheel right up and didnt panic for once
quick question for any one do i really need the front brake kit or can the right brake mixing compensate and also will it wear the motor just using that for braking thanks deen:
Old May 10, 2011, 04:31 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,816 Posts
Deen, I have found if you run lots of front brake the bike tends to sit up just like the real thing, with just a rear brake you can kind of back it in and slide it round, the only thing is sometimes its not enough and you can have big crashes, I tend to run only a little front brake on my oto`s and more rear, the front just seems to steady the bike up under hard braking. Sounds like you are having fun, I remember last year I was out for hours with my Kyosho Kart and bikes till it was dark, even on my own it was fun.
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco