HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2011, 04:16 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
663 Posts
Used the warm weather yesterday to go to a local parking lot, and see if all Bikes are ready for the first race in 2 weeks.

Venom GPV-1: Surface was too dusty, and too many stones. Apart from that, the Brushless system works fine, and the front Brake too.

TT SB-5: After seeing the problems the GPV-1 had, I expected more trouble. Ran PMT 010s, and they had enough grip even on the dusty surface. It runs different than my old NF 509 Bike from last year, but still very driveable, and fast. Setting up the front brake is still new to me, I guess it needs some more time to find that sweet spot in the brake balance. Edi's Bike had that when I tested it in Grenoble

ARx SuperMoto: This one had the least problems with the poor surface, simply because of its size, and the gyro in the rear wheel.
This one handled as expected, a little nervous when on the sidebars and the grip changed, but on a race track this shouldn't matter. Still no front brake on this bike, I'll see if this is a huge disadvantage in a race.

Some crashes, but nothing broke. Everything's ready for the first race in 2011!
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2011, 04:04 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,343 Posts
So... here's the Part 1 of my presentation at www.rcdevil.gr
The exact link is here: http://www.rcdevil.gr/2011/04/05/rc-bikes-part-i/

OK, I know it's in Greek, but the guy from RCDevil.gr did a very good photoshoot! And... it's really the first attempt at luring rc car guys into rc bikes!
Let's see what interest I will stir...

No need for introduction of the bikes here, right?!

Enjoy!!!!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Last edited by steliosh; Apr 05, 2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old Apr 05, 2011, 11:56 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,795 Posts
Nice collection Steliosh.
slawsonb is online now Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Apr 06, 2011, 02:49 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,115 Posts
Great Steliosh....Thumbs up!!
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Apr 06, 2011, 04:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
5 Posts
This is mine---Suzuki GSX-R 1000 1995 1:9th Scale RC Motorcycle,i love it so much,it is my birthday gift from my grandfather.What do u think about it?
b.boris52 is offline Find More Posts by b.boris52
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 06, 2011, 05:33 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,406 Posts
I think you are another 'deal studio' spammer that will soon be ''on a vacation''.

Great write up Stelios, let's hope it gets you a few biking converts to race with.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Apr 06, 2011, 08:57 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,343 Posts
Thanks Edi and Yianni!
Let's hope people will respond!
Old Apr 06, 2011, 11:07 AM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
Love the article Steliosh.

It translates pretty good too
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Old Apr 06, 2011, 01:52 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,343 Posts
Well... if translated it makes for some funny reading, but you get the point, of course!
I just translated it myself to english and had a laugh!!!
Since the site is addressed to people familiar with rc cars, I just made sure to point the interesting things about bikes. To be continued, with more chapters on drit bikes, how to drive, and more...
What would YOU say to your rc-car friends? This is what I am saying!
Thanks for the comments, I also get a few from Greek friends, and this is inspiring!

I am also preparing 1-2 articles for the real motorcycle magazine, Moto, for who I wrote my trip to the Worlds, earlier. I am waiting for some parts to make the Anderson's appearance good again and will present this, as well as the SB-5... These will be presented as normal "road-tests" of the mag, complete with pro photo-shoots at the tracks etc! It promises to be interesting!

I AM on a mission to start something moving in Greece!
Old Apr 06, 2011, 01:55 PM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,115 Posts
YAY!! Bravooo Steliosh
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old Apr 06, 2011, 02:16 PM
México, SLP, San Luis Potosí
Joined Mar 2011
169 Posts
I used my bike yesterday and today,still having some crashes but is normal,I´m learning alone,nobody else have a bike in my town I need to be patient,by the moment i´m running the bike in a rc air plane runway for to get more control in the bike. I acept Tips from all of you! Thanks!

HECTOR2369 is offline Find More Posts by HECTOR2369
Last edited by HECTOR2369; Apr 06, 2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old Apr 06, 2011, 07:45 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
I did drive the bikes today
Went to Norcal Hobbies and ran 7 packs and Three Bikes.
NorCal has a large 10th scale track. Small lanes for a 1/5 scale bike but they have a flowing track except for the super tight chicane in the middle.

Ran two packs thru the V3 and was loving that bike. I didn't do anything to it. Just threw it on the ground and started driving. I found a rhythm and started groovin.

Next was the new bike, ran three packs in it. It did not seem to like me at first. It was going crazy floppin side to side. It took me sometime to acclimate myself to the crazy ultra fast digital steering servo.
I did after a while develop a groove and had a few glimpses of the potential this bike has. Wicked between turn acceleration and the way it seems to shoot from exit to entrance. The esses were giving me some trouble though. But I think I was driving it too hard and not finessing enough. Ham fisted hack I be.

I also drove my Venom. This bike should have been most appropriate on a 10th scale track. But It seemed really small out there after the 1/5th scale bikes. and slow too but since it is a lot smaller it will go thru turns faster. I got a few goods laps in but had a lot of crashes. This one I tend to beat on the most and give the least attention. It gets a lot of wobble under braking and when exiting hard. It gets fun trying to keep it on the edge but can suddenly end disastrously. It was fun to drive.

This was the best RC-Bike day I have had in a long time. The track was real quiet and I had it pretty much to myself for five hours. I feel like got two days driving in one. Better than the last race weekend. I was there two and a half days and maybe got an hour and a half of track time.
Dots Dots Dots dotsdots dots dotso tds otd dots..................

RC Bike is HELLA FUN................NORCAL
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Old Apr 06, 2011, 09:08 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,406 Posts
HECTOR,

Run through this thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1037774

It appears your ESC is out of position, it will catch the front wheel leading to crashes.

Get the soft tyres while you can, the kit tyres are too hard except for hot/grippy conditions.

Cut the fairing too ensuring the front will wobble side to side full travel with no catching on anything.

Remove the bolt that is above the servo arm on the frame and re-fit it from the other side.

Don't worrry about crashing, a practice track of mine is RAF Strubby http://www.raf-lincolnshire.info/strubby/strubby.htm , a former airfield, and with all that space I can still find a way to crash! Just keep practicing!
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Last edited by Jonathan Bradbury; Apr 06, 2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old Apr 06, 2011, 10:59 PM
México, SLP, San Luis Potosí
Joined Mar 2011
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb. View Post
HECTOR,

Run through this thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1037774

It appears your ESC is out of position, it will catch the front wheel leading to crashes.

Get the soft tyres while you can, the kit tyres are too hard except for hot/grippy conditions.

Cut the fairing too ensuring the front will wobble side to side full travel with no catching on anything.

Remove the bolt that is above the servo arm on the frame and re-fit it from the other side.

Don't worrry about crashing, a practice track of mine is RAF Strubby http://www.raf-lincolnshire.info/strubby/strubby.htm , a former airfield, and with all that space I can still find a way to crash! Just keep practicing!
Thankyou so much for your help,I´m going to relocate the ESC,and try to get soft tires..I´ll be in touch!
HECTOR2369 is offline Find More Posts by HECTOR2369
Old Apr 07, 2011, 11:52 AM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
I ran my bike..TTE for the first time in months.. The snow has finally melted but it was very windy which didn't help with control. It wasn't what I expected. I had major handling issues and the scratch bars didn't work too well.. I purchased the older push on type thinking this would make replacing the battery quicker, but all they did was come off all the time. I spent more time looking for the bars than running the bike.. I had handling issues due to as I later found out the frame was slightly tweaked, the front forks were hanging up and the main drive axle wasn't level.. I think someone was playing with the bike during its winter slumber.. 2 hours of wrenching and the bike will be ready for this weekend. I don't race it, but I run with a friend who has the exact same bike. TTE with Castle creations sidewinder esc and CM5700 motor running 30C Lipos..
cenracer1 is offline Find More Posts by cenracer1