HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:17 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels View Post
Man i'm sorry to hear that.I know the feeling all to well.This was one of the reasons i sorta left the rc stuff alone. I don't understand what the big deal is they don't hurt anything( the rc's).Plus general the people that are dedicated to using the rc's are generally the best people you'd every want to meet. It really sucks though when your chased off by church folks.LOL They would do things like park their car in the middle of the track.When there were tons of open spots that was out of the way.
Thanks for the comment. Made me laugh. (besides our usual spot we got chased out of church lot also today) It's good to know I'm not alone.
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:38 AM
Bryson Ca.
Joined Feb 2010
53 Posts
Hey Stubby,Put some knobbies on them and come on down!!! Rich
nano cup is offline Find More Posts by nano cup
Old Aug 19, 2010, 02:48 AM
scale microlights
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels View Post
They would do things like park their car in the middle of the track.When there were tons of open spots that was out of the way.
you should get the m5's out if they do that..make a ramp up their bonnet and start launchin jumps off it lol
mark675 is online now Find More Posts by mark675
Old Aug 19, 2010, 03:36 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2010
39 Posts
no,i am on break up .
biggirls is offline Find More Posts by biggirls
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:33 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,308 Posts
what a day,it was very sketchy i tell ya.First getting kicked out of one parking lot that was pretty much un useable anyway.Because the park the school buses in the biggest area to use the for the bikes.So i travelled 30minis to the next town over.To run my bikes in the lot where we practice riding the midbikes.Ofcourse since school is back in session the buses are parked in the biggest area also. So i went over to one of the smaller lots.Well my glow igniter dies out on me.So i had to rig up away i can charge it up.Using my reciever pack charger,so it worked out good.I got to run both bikes and had a blast! I definitly like the newer one better than the older one.Though they both ran very well just the one ran better.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Aug 29, 2010, 04:57 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean about getting kicked of every where you go, its very hard in the UK to find anywhere to run the bikes, shops are open all day Sunday now and most of the car parks I used to go have speed bumps or wardens chucking you out. I have a place I go where the security guard lets me in, but its only a wide straight road but better than nothing, so I have decided to try and have a go at racing again and see how it goes.
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Aug 29, 2010, 09:44 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,308 Posts
I'ts crazy! people act like your gonna destroy something with these little bikes.I'm still having trouble believing they can kick you out of a public school parking lot that's paid for and uses tax payers dollars. When i lived in Ct. they couldn't do diddly squat! as long as it was a public school and nobody was destroying,drinking or doing drugs.The only thing was after 8pm the noise had to end and you had to leave the the grounds.Man those were the good ol days.
Can't wait to leave this place!

Hey you really should give racing another go.I think i'm gonna search around to see if theres any onroad tracks in around.I highly doubt it but it might be worth a try.
Old Sep 01, 2010, 02:46 AM
TREE TOP PILOT
United States, IN, Greenfield
Joined Feb 2007
1,819 Posts
vid

Untitled (6 min 36 sec)

had a blast with mine today
crashdumby is online now Find More Posts by crashdumby
Old Sep 01, 2010, 07:28 PM
RC addict.
UK, Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes
Joined Jan 2010
28 Posts
I had a go with one of the new M5 race bikes today have to say i'm pretty impressed with it.
jayce is offline Find More Posts by jayce
Old Sep 01, 2010, 08:53 PM
TREE TOP PILOT
United States, IN, Greenfield
Joined Feb 2007
1,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayce View Post
I had a go with one of the new M5 race bikes today have to say i'm pretty impressed with it.
glad to here ya had some fun tobay rideing they get better as they breake in.I found the best place to ride is ball diamods lots a drifting fun lol.............Randy
crashdumby is online now Find More Posts by crashdumby
Old Sep 05, 2010, 07:23 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,343 Posts
to answer the original question of this thread, YES, I did!
We ran our RCGT races, so I managed to run the bike at the track, exactly as it left the Worlds. This means a 100 rear tire, a 200 front and everything else as it was. The track was quite dusty, so traction was not so good. Despite this I managed to do VERY decent laps, and the LRP X12 13.5T worlds motor and gearing proved to be as fast if not faster than the 17.5T RCGT Cars! Even in turns, which I did mostly drifting (ok, powersliding or brake-sliding!), however with no crashes.
I even braved to run the bike while there were 5-10 RCGT cars in the track, testing, and we had no incident at all! Lovely!

The bottom line is, the track announcer embarassed me by announcing that I just came from the Worlds, and see how they drive at the Worlds, which is NOT TRUE, of course, since I was very slow at the worlds and quite clumsy this morning!

Anyway, I managed to run two 3000mah batteries, for about 15 minutes each and everybody asked three things: How much, if it wheelies and if I had 5900 batteries!!!

haha!
Ah... yes, enjoyed it indeed!
Pics will follow... a few friends took some action pics, hopefully they will be in focus!!!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Sep 05, 2010, 03:53 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,343 Posts
so... a VERY short video of the bike at the track... And I was told by the track owner that it is as big as Lostallo... Sounds nice to me!!!

KP09 rc bike at FRT track! (0 min 32 sec)

Oh... and it ends with a harmless crash!

steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Sep 05, 2010, 08:33 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,308 Posts
WOW that track is HUGE! and nice. On that note. HECK YEAH i ran my bikes today. I didn't have any real issues except switching from the older bike.To driving the current bike sucha big difference between the 2. I'm more confident in driving the older one.It doesn't turn in as fast or make as tight of a turn.So when i go to the newer bike it takes me a couple of laps.Then i get up to speed with it. Either way i have a great time,it's almost to good to be true.LOL
Old Sep 09, 2010, 09:45 AM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
I ran my TTE at the local school parking last sunday morning.. On the 2nd lipo pack, I hit something which launched the bike up in the air.. unfortunately the rider was ejected and the bike landed sideways on the rear tire... after about 40 feet of cartwheels the bike stopped.. I couldn't believe the damage to the bike.. I bent the chassis (almost every part) bent the swing arm, rear wheel is bent, ripped off the GRP tire, and even bent the axle and bearings..On the front the forks are bent again and stripped out the steering servo. I run the Nitro rear swing arm and axle so it took a huge hit.. Already placed the order with Bruce and waiting for the new parts to arrive.. I was really cruising when the crash occurred. Funny thing.. the body didn't even get a scratch on it.. at least not any new ones...
cenracer1 is offline Find More Posts by cenracer1
Old Sep 09, 2010, 11:46 AM
Joined Jul 2006
299 Posts
NO, I havent run mine, its all in one bit and Im going to a race meeting saturday morning, not risking breaking it LOL
AC-racing is offline Find More Posts by AC-racing