HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2010, 03:07 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Thanks for all the reviews KNEEBOY, your really making it hard for me not to find a way to order this bike...

How long is the run time on your battery? What kind also? Your motor set up?
621clay is online now Find More Posts by 621clay
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2010, 04:32 PM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
no problem 621clay!

honestly though if you are thinking of getting one of these sb5's.. just do it! you will not be dissapointed at all!
they are so well designed! strong, very easy to work on and the handling is so stable but it steers very quick too, ive got expo on my steering channel to slow it down abit!

im running pmt 020 tyres
ez run 35a esc
ez run 3900kv motor
battery is a 5500mah 2s lipo
runs for about 45 mins or more on this battery! (ive got 5 of them! lol)
the motor gets quite hot when running though, im wondering if the gearing is abit wrong
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
Old Aug 16, 2010, 05:25 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
How hot does the Esc get?

I just need some money to get it, soo.... ill do what i can.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 01:35 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
the esc gets warm but doesnt seem to get hot like the motor, maybe cus its right at the front so getting cooled by the air, dunno.

im gonna change them soon to the 60a esc and 4300kv motor,

will have to try some different pinions in the meantime
Old Aug 17, 2010, 01:37 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
I always try to keep my gear under 150 Degree F. The battery i always try to keep under 130. It gets pretty hot out here anyway. Houston Texas
Old Aug 17, 2010, 08:12 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2 Posts
hi all , newby here . marybobough australia , ran my t.t. electric to day , upgraded to ezirun , 9t ,4300kv brushless , 35amp speedy , 2.4 ghz , and 3 cell lipo ? , was '' easy '' with brushed motor , now - tons of fun ? , i get the shakes from the rush ? , l.o.l , will wheel spin on demand and tons of top end speed , spectacular beginner prangs ? , l.o.l . running a 2200 mah , 11.1 lipo , get near same time as 3 , three , nicads , brilliant ? , have a arx 540 dirty as well , brushless , loving it
rocket rick is offline Find More Posts by rocket rick
Old Aug 17, 2010, 04:18 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
Hi, been running my alloy framed brushless Kyosho Suzuki today with a set of Pats front disc brakes, what a difference can brake from mega speed in a straight ish line now!! no more crashes with back wheel locking up Here is just a silly vid we made with my old camera.

Kyosho Bike, with disc front brakes. (1 min 23 sec)
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Aug 18, 2010, 01:33 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2 Posts
just wondering if anyone in here is from the rocky / maryborough areas , or if anyone knows of bikes in rockhampton
rocket rick is offline Find More Posts by rocket rick
Old Aug 18, 2010, 01:55 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Im going out tommorrow rain or not, Gulf Coast raceway should be a ghost town with plenty of track.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 06:17 AM
Joined Jul 2006
299 Posts
oh finally after 3 years I got out with a bike again, pouring with rain, standing water everywhere, oh what the hell chance to test out all the waterproof gear on it LOL

well happy, great fun, only a stock racing class bike, but Im smiling
AC-racing is offline Find More Posts by AC-racing
Old Aug 18, 2010, 11:12 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
glad to hear it went well ac-racing!
I love using mine in the rain its soo much fun!

did u sort the body out then?
Old Aug 18, 2010, 11:25 AM
Joined Jul 2006
299 Posts
erm no I didnt, I couldnt wait, I ran it without a body just to check radio and basic handling etc

lots to change and alter, but have to wait till I can get to the track really as the car park is so rough that the side roller things get stuck when its on its side LOL

Tony
AC-racing is offline Find More Posts by AC-racing
Old Aug 18, 2010, 06:20 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
A so so day, only time to run two packs.... biggest thing i need to do is find a more suitable spring for my crash back. On the brakes i can change my wheelbase. Also my front end needs better gyro effect or better balancing. High speed whobbles are killing me.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 06:59 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
This is private property!

Woke up all hot fired ready to go! Spent the last two days getting the bikes ready. Even got an official day off from the boss.
Got up early and got the gear loaded and hit the road.
I'm at the lot and I got the gear all unloaded, I just put some bars on the lectric bike and thinking about scrubbin in the tires I put on the day before.
When some random rolls up and jumps out of his car and asks "Can I help you?".
I stare at him blankly, then he tells me he is the owner and "This is private property and not for public use". It is intended for the use of the occupants. He even admits that they aren't there but that it is still intended for their use and not public use. He must have said that at least five times.
Now we have been running at this lot for the last year and no one has said a word to us. It is prolly our own fault, we got a little complacent and started to feel like it was our own. And that this was the only spot we would ever need. oops!
It just kills me you know, you find a piece of asphalt that no one seems to care about and you get a little attached to it, then one day someone shows up and is really aggressive in pointing out that it is not yours and you don't belong there. Yet it is still an empty lot with no cars next to an empty building that you don't belong at. I don't understand why we can't use these abandoned lots without some bloody a-hole pointing out what we already know.
Bah I'm all bummed out now, it is like the fourth or fifth lot we have been run off.
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Old Aug 18, 2010, 07:38 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbyphilips View Post
Woke up all hot fired ready to go! Spent the last two days getting the bikes ready. Even got an official day off from the boss.
Got up early and got the gear loaded and hit the road.
I'm at the lot and I got the gear all unloaded, I just put some bars on the lectric bike and thinking about scrubbin in the tires I put on the day before.
When some random rolls up and jumps out of his car and asks "Can I help you?".
I stare at him blankly, then he tells me he is the owner and "This is private property and not for public use". It is intended for the use of the occupants. He even admits that they aren't there but that it is still intended for their use and not public use. He must have said that at least five times.
Now we have been running at this lot for the last year and no one has said a word to us. It is prolly our own fault, we got a little complacent and started to feel like it was our own. And that this was the only spot we would ever need. oops!
It just kills me you know, you find a piece of asphalt that no one seems to care about and you get a little attached to it, then one day someone shows up and is really aggressive in pointing out that it is not yours and you don't belong there. Yet it is still an empty lot with no cars next to an empty building that you don't belong at. I don't understand why we can't use these abandoned lots without some bloody a-hole pointing out what we already know.
Bah I'm all bummed out now, it is like the fourth or fifth lot we have been run off.
Man i'm sorry to hear that.I know the feeling all to well.This was one of the reasons i sorta left the rc stuff alone. I don't understand what the big deal is they don't hurt anything( the rc's).Plus general the people that are dedicated to using the rc's are generally the best people you'd every want to meet. It really sucks though when your chased off by church folks.LOL They would do things like park their car in the middle of the track.When there were tons of open spots that was out of the way.
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels