SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 03, 2010, 12:50 PM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
Discussion
did u use your bike today?

found a thread on the heli forum 'did u fly today' and its got 585 pages!
so thought id do a bike version
prob wont get as big but its nice hearing what people have been doing to their bikes and how much fun theyve been having with them dont ya think?

so who got their bikes out today then?

i had my fm-1e out tonight. only up the road by mine so not a huge area to run it in but i wanted to test out the new brushless/ lipo system ive just put in (ez run 3900kv motor, 35A esc and core 2 cell lipo)
it was dark and pretty icy outside so had a few spin outs.. some at pretty high speed!

this seems like the perfect setup.. well, for me at least- its cheap (60 for esc and motor and 30 for lipo)
its plenty fast enough- will spin the wheel at will and im guessing when theres more grip it will wheelie on demand! did a few big wheelies when it was on a non-iced part of the road so its looking promising!

so much lighter than when i was running the brushed/nihm setup so handles better and takes crashes easier with no broken parts.
run times are long aswell, i was out for half hour or so and still had about 5 mins more to go!
really smooth power aswell, running on the slippy tarmac you could get the bike sliding on brakes or throttle and it was really predictable and controllable.

im loving this setup! its huge fun and cant wait to get it on a big carpark to see what it goes like round a 'track'
ill make sure i get some video of it
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2010, 01:19 PM
Joined Jan 2009
115 Posts
ran my dx450 today i just love this bike its awsome and on 3s it wheelies all day long
MRB1GG is offline Find More Posts by MRB1GG
Old Jan 03, 2010, 02:25 PM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
i still havent ran my m5 properly!
took it apart to make some stiffer frame spacers and some crash bar holders to mount some nylon bars and havent ran it yet! lol
making some new stronger back plates aswell to mount a heavy duty wheelie bar on

ive got the lipos for it just need to get the brushless system.

what mah batterys and brushless system? what sort of run times r u getting?
Old Jan 03, 2010, 03:01 PM
United States, Death Valley
Joined Aug 2003
3,113 Posts
Yep had a blast too, felt excellent my HOR was just cooking. One of those days where you could do no wrong Had the throttle wide open for more than 2 seconds too. Thing just smokes with the 6500kv brushless

Here it is on top of my other toy
SilentHunter is offline Find More Posts by SilentHunter
Last edited by SilentHunter; Jan 03, 2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2010, 03:04 PM
kun114
Westminster, MD USA
Joined Apr 2005
652 Posts
I haven't run any of mine in a very long time, but my 5yr old got a little tyco dirt bike for xmas we ran for awhile today.
kun114 is offline Find More Posts by kun114
Old Jan 03, 2010, 05:53 PM
Merseyside
Joined Dec 2001
202 Posts
Yep, a few of us were out at Skipton today. Not possible to race the on-road bikes, but we had great fun with the M5's on the snow and iced up track. Check out the video at, http://www.northern-radio-moto-club.co.uk/video.htm
I'm amaised my stock Speed control is still working, lol.

Snooey
snooey is offline Find More Posts by snooey
Old Jan 03, 2010, 06:08 PM
cape town
Joined Apr 2006
225 Posts
Ran mine yesterday. Haven't run it since my car was stolen two months ago. I just felt like charging it up and playing a bit. I ended up making a rolling road speed checker after wards. It clocked in at 54km/h. Not bad for a little brushed motor!
KermitGTT is offline Find More Posts by KermitGTT
Old Jan 03, 2010, 11:04 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
Hells Yeah,

Patrick, Stuart and I had the dots out yesterday and today. Had about a three hour session yesterday. Lap after lap after lap. Lots of dicing and backflipping of the V3s.
Seemed like it was going to be a most perfect day of RC-Moto til I stuffed it head on into the barrier along the back straight. Decimated the front end, bent fork tubes, bent front wheel, blown steering bearings, bent steering pin, bent chassis mounts and blown servo.
I thought I had done killeded it. But took it to the lab this morning and we threw a bunch of parts at it, and hot diggity dog it was better than yesterday.

Today we got together again and set up a similar track and ran lap after lap after lap.
I was a little timid at first, still scared from the previous days crash, but I put a bunch obstacles to prevent another head on in the same place. We had some great fun running the bikes this weekend. we probably would have stayed out til (who knows) if we did not have to heed the call from the wife "when are you coming home".

I love RC-Moto
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Old Jan 07, 2010, 12:31 PM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbyphilips View Post
if we did not have to heed the call from the wife "when are you coming home".
i hate that call! lol

nice video Snooey them andersons go really well in the snow!
heres a video i saw yesterday on youtube, looks brilliant fun

DuraTrax DTX 450 Cycle.wmv (0 min 59 sec)

weve got deep snow here now aswell so its helicopter and savage x quad time! gutted my anderson isnt ready yet!

i managed to get my fm-1e to a big carpark before the snow came to test it out abit,
the ground was really cold but the bike had good grip on the places that werent iced up! (grp's front and back)
it was pretty quick! would wheelie very easily from slowish speed but not so much when ud picked up speed abit,
it was handling really nice aswell i bent the nylon bars right up so the fairing was nearly touching the floor and it was flying round bends! has a few tank slappers on the straights tho so may need a damper or the suspension setting up better

my mate was so impressed with it that hes planning on getting a brushless bike sorted for the spring so we can have the electrics to race aswell as our nitros when start up our carpark racing again.

rc bikes are great fun
Old Jan 08, 2010, 05:16 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHunter View Post
Yep had a blast too, felt excellent my HOR was just cooking. One of those days where you could do no wrong Had the throttle wide open for more than 2 seconds too. Thing just smokes with the 6500kv brushless

Here it is on top of my other toy
Nice bike ! where you get that front brake?
Cheers
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Jan 08, 2010, 06:11 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,170 Posts
That's a GPV-1 front brake. Now the question is -- where did he mount the servo?
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Jan 08, 2010, 06:13 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,819 Posts
May be under the seat like Pats brakes?
Old Jan 09, 2010, 04:43 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,819 Posts
Well more snow here so after seeing the vids of the Anderson I decided to water proof the electronics so I can run it in the snow, balloon over the Mamba esc and one over the rx, new rear tire as well, now bring it on
Old Jan 10, 2010, 08:09 PM
Joined Jan 2009
115 Posts
ran today despite the frigid temps

dx 450 (1 min 52 sec)
MRB1GG is offline Find More Posts by MRB1GG
Old Jan 11, 2010, 05:37 PM
MM450 Perfectionist
The Woodlands, TX
Joined Dec 2009
242 Posts