HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2003, 04:19 PM
Michele Somaschini, Spain
Madrid (Spain)
Joined Sep 2001
1,102 Posts
Bye bye Firebat!!! Nice crash pic

Well, it didn't crashed that way but I thought it was fun for a pic.

Cool dive at full throttle without control
The AF020 pushes really fast. I regret I won't have any chance to test it again on the Firebat.

Wing section and tail survived. How can I make a flying wing from it??
RookieOne is offline Find More Posts by RookieOne
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2003, 12:53 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,392 Posts
nice crash. Hey how does it fly stock motor and prop? Also does it work if i use hitec feather weight servos (2) and with eight side by side radio shack aa's batter 9.6 1600 bat? Does it really need two micro for alerons due to torq? I would try just two micro one for alerons and one elevator. i want to buy this. Just to have fun with electric and fill my room with electric. My shot i have 30 gas planes, most of them are pretty old. Oldies 30 year old with chain saw motor. lol that my dad left me after he died. He left me alot. I fly some of gas planes. But electric is hittin hard in my likes. I have funtec sky scooter pro 2 to start up, then i baught gws corsair, nice hard to fly plane. And now firebat. well im going to buy and use same radio system as sky scooter. which that what im talking about using. 1600 mah radio shack batter, flew 15 min on sky scooter, and my sporty gws F-4U corsair flew 17. Pretty fast. Pretty hard to fly. I think its harder then my four stroke ultimate bipplane. But it flyes great putting smiles on gas flyer. Showing what a foam electric can do. Most likely showing off .
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Sep 22, 2003, 03:35 AM
Madrid (Spain)
Joined Sep 2001
1,102 Posts
I don't think stock motor would be OK. Try it if you keep the weight as low as possible.
Be carefull with high speed dive. Pretty impossible to recover and then............bang!!! Not a plane for a beginner.

I used an Astro Af020 with 5,5x4 prop, 8xSanyo KR1400, two servos for ailerons as I used them as flaps to slow dong during approach and a big and powerfull Futaba servo for the elevator.

Good luck
Old Sep 22, 2003, 04:25 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RookieOne
I don't think stock motor would be OK. Try it if you keep the weight as low as possible.
Be carefull with high speed dive. Pretty impossible to recover and then............bang!!! Not a plane for a beginner.

I used an Astro Af020 with 5,5x4 prop, 8xSanyo KR1400, two servos for ailerons as I used them as flaps to slow dong during approach and a big and powerfull Futaba servo for the elevator.

Good luck
yea it call a stall. It shouldn't be worse then my GWS F-4U corsair. Its very hard to fly without stalling while using up. Like u gotta be gentle up. too much it will make a fast roll. It does the same thhink on my f-16 turbine jet, and my ultimate. But what servo are u usingl. Would it be ok using one micro servo for wing, and one for elevator?
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Sep 22, 2003, 09:52 AM
Madrid (Spain)
Joined Sep 2001
1,102 Posts
I'm using (was using) a Futaba S148 for elevator and TWO small Hitecs (don't remember the model) for ailerons.

One micro servo for ailerons is not enough.

The Firebat with the AF020 really rocks.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 10:12 AM
Robots... robots everywhere
Cape Town, South Africa
Joined Jan 2003
2,060 Posts
you could put the motor on the front, then you wouldnt have to scrap it. If not, you can always send it out to souht africa and I'll have it
minifly is offline Find More Posts by minifly