Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:23 PM
dare to be dull
Deland, FL
Joined Jun 2002
695 Posts
Thanks very much for putting up with my dense questions. This is very helpful, and I have found some parts of the tutorial that seem to help with this. I'll see how it goes after work.
bigjohn is offline Find More Posts by bigjohn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:31 PM
France, Auvergne, Lapalisse
Joined Dec 2005
906 Posts
no problem you are welcome
dpot is offline Find More Posts by dpot
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:48 PM
LGR
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
G code for 4 axis Mach screen

Hi, I'm trying to have a post written for EDM software and wondered if anyone has a simple example of functional G code for Sam's 4 axis screen. Maybe a square for the XY axis and a circle for the AB axis. Thanks, it sure would make it a lot simpler.
LGR is offline Find More Posts by LGR
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:28 PM
dare to be dull
Deland, FL
Joined Jun 2002
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
Thanks very much for putting up with my dense questions. This is very helpful, and I have found some parts of the tutorial that seem to help with this. I'll see how it goes after work.
Well, after trying everything suggested and read so far, I have got the horizontal axes going the right directions. However, I still have the problem with the vertical axes that they only go up, no matter if I command it to jog up or down. Since this doesn't have to do with the screen itself, I'm going to move my troubles over to the general 4-axis foam cutter thread.
Old Aug 08, 2013, 02:02 PM
dare to be dull
Deland, FL
Joined Jun 2002
695 Posts
Well, here we are 6 months later. Just wanted to check back in, that after beating around that machine, I discovered that both vertical axes were being driven from a common controller - which seems to have failed. Ended up replacing the whole controller system with a 4-axis 6560 system off of ebay, which solved the problem. I should have gone for that solution a lot earlier.
Old Aug 09, 2013, 03:40 AM
Joined Jul 2006
114 Posts
I notice that there are hidden buttons on the screens beneath the red axis conteols in the dark grey space..they home the axes in variouS ways
jregholdsworth is offline Find More Posts by jregholdsworth
Old Aug 23, 2013, 09:39 AM
dare to be dull
Deland, FL
Joined Jun 2002
695 Posts
Last edited by bigjohn; Aug 28, 2013 at 12:22 AM.