HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2009, 02:53 PM
They call me Maj. Sink!
Paso Robles, Ca
Joined Nov 2008
746 Posts
Discussion
My first pics!(more pics added)

Well I finished my Super solution the other day and had a successful maiden plus a couple other flights.So today I decided it was time to throw the camera up and see what happens. Everything went great and got a couple ok shots.

Now for a little background. This is only my third day of flying a plane.....EVER! This thing is so stable and smooth it's ridiculous. There's lots of trees and poles everywhere, but it doesn't bother me, I have so much control with this thing. I must say that I'm officially hooked and can't wait to get a downlink together so I'm not just shooting blind. Everywhere I go now I'm looking for shots and/or spots to fly.

This is just a local park down the street from me that I thought might be a good place to start. I like the pond and thought it would look nice from the air. Not bad I think considering it's my first time up with a camera, and a crappy one at that. It's a Lumix LZ2, but it works for learning. Also it was a little overcast with a low sun, but it was nice to get a few shots.
stoked6.0 is offline Find More Posts by stoked6.0
Last edited by stoked6.0; Jan 01, 2010 at 09:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2009, 03:34 PM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,210 Posts
Hi Stoked.
Fantastic results. I would be well chuffed with that, especially if it was my third ever flight. You deserve a round of applause.
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Dec 31, 2009, 03:57 PM
Joined Oct 2004
399 Posts
Really, the camera doesn't look at all crappy to me, very good results!!!
flipflop is offline Find More Posts by flipflop
Old Dec 31, 2009, 04:13 PM
They call me Maj. Sink!
Paso Robles, Ca
Joined Nov 2008
746 Posts
Thank you Paul, I'm quite happy with the outcome. In fact, my wife works for the local Ford dealership and her boss saw one of the pics and asked if I could take some of the dealership because they have a full lot right now. They're closed tomorrow so I may go try to get some shots there too.

As far as the crappy camera comment, it's not really crappy, but not like some of the other setups and results that others here are getting. I want to take serious/professional pics in the future and so this cam won't do in the long run, but for now it's fine.

Still almost no wind out, but waiting for batteries to charge . Thanks for the comments and look forward to finally being able to contribute and share in this forum after lurking/following for quite some time. A special thanks to Mike for his great designs and willingness to share with everyone here. Thanks and Happy new year to everyone!
Old Dec 31, 2009, 05:08 PM
Joined Jan 2007
3,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoked6.0 View Post
A special thanks to Mike for his great designs and willingness to share with everyone here. Thanks and Happy new year to everyone!
They are brilliant designs, I wish they were available here in the UK, I would buy one immediately.
Look forward to the dealership pics. Happy New Year.
Last edited by Paul@SCC; Jan 01, 2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 05:28 PM
They call me Maj. Sink!
Paso Robles, Ca
Joined Nov 2008
746 Posts
Too bad you can't get em over there Paul. Get going on building a foam cutter then and no worries! That's one of my next projects, cleaning the garage and start putting together a hot wire cutter so I can do all my own foam.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 05:28 PM
Nova Scotia
Joined Mar 2002
753 Posts
Sweet! You're really off to a "flying" start! Congrats
Cheers!
Bolter
Bolter is offline Find More Posts by Bolter
Old Dec 31, 2009, 05:50 PM
Begin with end in mind...
Eagle Lake, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2003
5,600 Posts
Wow... 3rd flight!

Fantastic job, dude you are officially hooked. All of your other hobbies will now be stuffed in the closet, your mind will not rest until you get another shot, then another, and another.... I am glad the plane is working well for you. Looking forward to more pics and maybe some video

Mike
power is offline Find More Posts by power
Old Dec 31, 2009, 05:52 PM
They call me Maj. Sink!
Paso Robles, Ca
Joined Nov 2008
746 Posts
Thanks Bolter, yes, definitely a flying start for sure! I hope to achieve the level of quality that I see you turn out constantly. Your pics have definitely been a big inspiration and a level to reach for. Thank you.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 05:57 PM
They call me Maj. Sink!
Paso Robles, Ca
Joined Nov 2008
746 Posts
Power, thank you very much. If it were'nt for you who knows, maybe I would have saved a bunch of money! But seriously, I'm hooked for sure! And yes, no lie, my third flight. The sim help a lot too, but the plane is just so stable it's silly really. I would really like to do video soon too, just have to get a camcorder. So many wants.....not enough $$ . Video will be coming soon though I know that! Thanks again!!
Old Dec 31, 2009, 07:48 PM
olivier
Dinan ,Brittany ,France
Joined Jun 2007
1,598 Posts
Whaouh! I whish I could take such pictures when I started AP, well done mate, and welcome to this world of AP addicts

cheers!

olivier
olivdudu is offline Find More Posts by olivdudu
Old Dec 31, 2009, 08:16 PM
They call me Maj. Sink!
Paso Robles, Ca
Joined Nov 2008
746 Posts
Well once again, it's not so much the man, but the machine that makes it look so easy. I wish I could take pics like you Oliver, you're the man here that's for sure. Unfortunately I don't have as great of scenery and surroundings, but I'm sure I'll come up with some good ones. After all, I do live in wine country and have a couple of contacts at some different wineries so we'll see!
Old Jan 01, 2010, 04:03 AM
out of focus
New Zealand, Gisborne, Gisborne District
Joined Jul 2009
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC View Post
They are brilliant designs, I wish they were available here in the UK, I would by one immediately.
Look forward to the dealership pics. Happy New Year.
I got a kit, mwcores.com ships them all over the world and shipping cost were not too bad at all!!

And I have to agree that as a beginner myself Mike's designs are easy to build AND easy to fly!!
Garbach is offline Find More Posts by Garbach
Old Jan 01, 2010, 07:17 AM
Joined Jan 2007
3,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbach View Post
I got a kit, mwcores.com ships them all over the world and shipping cost were not too bad at all!!

And I have to agree that as a beginner myself Mike's designs are easy to build AND easy to fly!!
Hi Garbach. I've sent you a PM.
Old Jan 01, 2010, 08:39 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brøndbyvester
Joined Jun 2009
606 Posts
Well done
SpookiePower is offline Find More Posts by SpookiePower