HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2001, 10:11 PM
Fish & Fly
Tyler, TX USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,406 Posts
Who's going to be at DEAF??

There's been some discussion about this Dallas-area fly-in in the Events Forum, but I don't check there very often and some folks may not check there at all (so, please don't move this Andy!).

It's October 6-7 in Seagoville (Hwy 175 SE of Dallas). I'm planning on attending Saturday. I went last year and had a fun time meeting other E-Zoners (I think there were about 30 of us).

go to http://web2.airmail.net/warner1/deaf to get directions and a map.

Who's planning on being there? Who is bringing their Zagi?

Does anyone want to try to either suggest or plan any special activities (beyond the impromtu combat sessions) for Zagi-type aircraft? I can't wait to knock some of the shine off of that pretty Zagi that Dave Lilley built last month.

See ya there.
DaJudge is offline Find More Posts by DaJudge
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2001, 10:39 PM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
Hi, DaJudge. I'm planning to be there, Zagi in hand. I'm also bringing a Tiger Moth and plan on doing some fun flying with it. I'm looking forward to trying some "formation" fun flying with other Tiger Moths. Since the Moth is a slow flyer, I enjoy flying early in the morning, when the wind is calm. Anyone know how early you will be able to start "fun flying" at DEAF this year?

DEAF was great for me last year, getting to meet fellow E Zoners, learning so much from other E flyers, and checking out all the great planes.

Looking forward to it.

Dave G
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG
Old Sep 20, 2001, 10:55 PM
Texas
Joined Aug 1999
5,110 Posts
I will be there! I will have my Zagi!
dave_lilley is offline Find More Posts by dave_lilley
Old Sep 20, 2001, 11:30 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
I am going to attend. I need to reup my AMA if I am going to fly though. Anyone know how long it takes?

If I fly, I will have my Zagi. Might be fun to try some Zagi Bowling. how may 2 liter bottles can you knock over?

WHat other planes will others bring?

Kirby
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople
Old Sep 21, 2001, 01:37 AM
p471701
n/a Posts
kirty: you can fax them and get our membership pretty quickly......gregg
Old Sep 21, 2001, 08:48 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Re: Who's going to be at DEAF??

Quote:
Originally posted by DaJudge
I can't wait to knock some of the shine off of that pretty Zagi that Dave Lilley built last month.
Dave and I already spent an evening working on that. Ever get that figured out, Dave?

(I won't be @ DEAF. This thread will be moved to Events shortly)..

..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Sep 21, 2001, 10:17 AM
Texas
Joined Aug 1999
5,110 Posts
Actually, I did, but I do not know exactly what helped. I taped the tray down a little better at the rear. Under power, it was flexing up. I also repaired my battle scar near the right elevon. I put the prop back at the original pitch. I also set the throws to full and trimmed it better. Finally, I did not use the 600mah pack. With the 600mah pack, no matter how I set the CG, my Zagi just wanted to flutter around. With the 1100mah pack, properly peaked, I have flown several times since and it has flown quite well. While it isn't a speed demon, I can now roll it two to three times in a row and perform multiple loops again. I told you, I think I'm jinxed. I was never meant to fly with other people. Actually, a couple of the SALSA guys came out last weekend and one of the flyers brought his stock Zagi. We both put up our Zagis, and both seemed to perform about the same in speed and maneuverability, although mine had that EDF sound.
dave_lilley is offline Find More Posts by dave_lilley
Old Sep 21, 2001, 10:17 AM
Mountain Models Wannabe
Ithaca, NY USA
Joined Mar 2001
4,371 Posts
KeithK and I will be driving down from Colorado. Keith will bring his Zagi and I'll have a DuskStik, an UrbanFlyer, and a bunch of kits for sale. Bring money! I need to pay for the trip!

Doug Binder

www.mountainmodels.com
CoClimber is offline Find More Posts by CoClimber
Old Sep 21, 2001, 10:29 AM
Fish & Fly
Tyler, TX USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,406 Posts
Andy--

Please don't move this to Events.

I strongly suspect that significantly fewer E-Zoners visit that forum compared to this one.

Thanks.

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to attend. It's a long drive from Atlanta.
DaJudge is offline Find More Posts by DaJudge
Old Sep 21, 2001, 01:37 PM
Agra, Oklahoma
Joined Feb 2000
5,390 Posts
I hope to be there late Friday evening (no flying - just arriving)through Sunday evening.

I'll be bringing a few models - depends on what container I can build for my pickup. I also should leave room to take more home that I brought

Hope to see you all there!

Steve McBride
Steve McBride is offline Find More Posts by Steve McBride
Old Sep 21, 2001, 04:14 PM
What Canary?
Huntsville, AL USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,731 Posts
Stevem,

Will you have the Champion flying with the Astro 010 at DEAF? I'd like to compare it to my stock one.

BTW, I'm on channel 30. Would be interesting to see what others are on.
KeithK is offline Find More Posts by KeithK
Old Sep 21, 2001, 04:55 PM
Agra, Oklahoma
Joined Feb 2000
5,390 Posts
Sure thing guys - I'll be the guy walking and talking to about everybody.

I doubt I will have an 010 fitted to the champion in time. I plan to bring it though.

I am mostly on channel 35 but the Tiger Moth is on 18.

Can't wait.

Steve McBride
Steve McBride is offline Find More Posts by Steve McBride
Old Sep 21, 2001, 10:47 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
hey Doug from Mountain Models, I will be taking one of your Urban Flyer kits off your hands unless it does not perform as promised (hehe). I am one of the guys who have been polluting your email box about it. Glad to hear its ready.I'll be there Saturday possibly & for sure Sunday.

Kirby
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople
Old Sep 22, 2001, 09:14 AM
Mountain Models Wannabe
Ithaca, NY USA
Joined Mar 2001
4,371 Posts
Kirby, Good thing I made no promises.

I'll try to put together as many kits as possible in case the demand is high.

Doug
CoClimber is offline Find More Posts by CoClimber
Old Sep 22, 2001, 10:32 AM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
It's going to be great to see all of you guys again. Hey, Ralph, it was a real treat for me to see your's and Paul's fantastic little flyers. I hope Paul brings his Roadkill P-51. I'm strongly considering the P-38 and would love to see the P-51.

I'm planning to be there both Saturday and Sunday, flying on channel 34. I'm assuming it's a safe bet EAM will be there. Anyone heard any positive confirmation from Kirk at New Creations?

Dave G
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG